Limited Fields on Search

pkjr92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pkjr92

I was looking to include developer names with the game names and decks for search results, but I noticed that the search only returns a limited number of fields, of which developers is not among them.  I assume this selectivity is to lighten the load for the query, but now I am unsure as to what to do. 

From my perspective, the only thing I can do is query for the search results and make sure "id" is among the included fields.  Then I would query for each individual search result again, using the id to get the developers.  Is this the way to do it?  It just seems like a lot of api calling on my end, although I suppose it's a max of 20. 

I'm pretty new to XML, but now that I understand it and API's, there's a whole world of free information I have access to.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

Yeah, do another lookup for the resource with the specific id that you want. As you continue to use the API, you may find yourself doing that often.

pkjr92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pkjr92
@LordAndrew: Is there any way to speed it up, other than limiting my number of results per page?  Instead of taking 3 seconds to load everything, it takes more than 10, and I'm simply getting one name for each result.