Batman Arkham Knight has been pulled off Steam.

• 44 results
matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

There are like 10 people credited from Iron Galaxy as "Additional Programming and PC Support" so I assume they were helping with final code changes to the game.

stevewestmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@gizmo88 said:
@crembaw said:
@bradbrains said:

What a weird year for the PC. It used to be that consoles had the shoddy ports now it's the other way around. I don't know if some of the issues I heard should have been enough for them to take it down but they have obviously been getting enough complaints it makes some sense.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon. It's a fun game

Let's not forget that PC ports have been doing a relatively bang-up job for the past few years, and while the MKX and Arkham Knight situations are far from minor, they don't necessarily indicate a trend back to the horrible, awful PC ports we got in the beginning of the last console generation.

I couldn't agree more, I was really worried about GTA V being a steaming pile, but I think everyone was surprised with how good it turned out.

Unfortunately i think we may be seeing exactly what happened 10 years ago when the 360 launched. PC ports were definitely lacking to favor the console version sales for the first few years until the consoles age started to show and PC gaming picked up again before the release of the next gen consoles. Rockstar delayed the PC version of GTA V multiple times in order to get it right. I haven't played Arkham Knight yet but delaying the PC release to optimize it may have been a better option then this embarrassing mess.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@fatalbanana said:

@gizmo88 said:

lmao, the fact that reviews where embargoed until release date was a sure sign.

Sure sign of what? Embargoes that end on release day happen all the time and has nothing to do with the quality of the game. Thats not always the case but it's not a concrete thing you can point to and say "this game is probably shit or broken because we cant talk about it till its out".

Not to mention that none of the early reviews seem to mention the PC port problems, which likely means all the review copies WB sent to the press were PS4 ones; which is likely since it seems that was the main version handled by Rocksteady.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@matatat said:

There are like 10 people credited from Iron Galaxy as "Additional Programming and PC Support" so I assume they were helping with final code changes to the game.

Also, I highly doubt anyone from any developer that worked on the PC port didn't know about the issues. It's not a developers decision to push something to retail. That is squarely on the publisher. They weigh the potential loss of sales from not releasing day and date with the console version versus releasing a known buggy game in the hopes that they can patch it quickly before it spirals out of control. It's gamble that they lost.