• 72 results
spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spyder335

just noticed the steam has mostly negative reviews due to a 30 fps lock and generally stuttering frame rate, anyone here having trouble with this ?

is it specific cards or setups, or just a bad port in general?

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By tuxfool
Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

To fix the FPS you can edit the settings. Open BaseSystemSettings and change fps from 30 to 60 (or something else)

d:\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\Engine\Config

Draklawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The port is hot garbage.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LAAAANG.

No Caption Provided

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SeanFoster

Witcher 3 on Ultra, no problem!

Arkham Knight on Normal (since all higher resolution textures seem to be removed), FPS locked at 30, NO CHANCE IN HELL!

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Lukeweizer

Hm. Glad this isn't just my rig getting old, but not happy that I can't play the game. Really not looking forward to playing the game of "Oh they said they fixed it, but it still runs poorly. Is it my machine or are they lying?" Has anyone requested a Steam refund for a game they bought on GMG? I guess I'd have to go through GMG, right?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By CaLe

It's not great but so far I haven't had any crashes or stuttering, just the occasional drop to like 30 something FPS. Anyway if anyone wants people for the leaderboards feel free to add me on Steam: ID = ZanDatsu

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it weird that they gave away free codes of this game with any GTX 900 series card, yet it is locked at 30 FPS. I also figured that Warner and Rocksteady would learn from the mistakes made with the previous Batman PC ports, but I guess not.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far my game has worked perfectly with everything on except for gameworks fog and I dunno what's going on with everyone else but I'll take it.

And leave the framerate capped, it's pretty smooth and unlocking it is probably causing more harm than good.

DocACE911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Efesell,

What is your system?

Mine is running like crapola.

i7/16GB ram/GTX 970 MSI Gamer

Win 7 Pro

installed on OCZ SSD (older one but still faster than any mechanical drive)

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Efesell,

What is your system?

Mine is running like crapola.

i7/16GB ram/GTX 970 MSI Gamer

Win 7 Pro

installed on OCZ SSD (older one but still faster than any mechanical drive)

i5 4690k, 8gb, 970, Win8, and on a SSD 850 EVO.

I have seen a number of people with systems comparable or better than mine having major issues so I have to believe there is some weird wild card in play. I can run the bench at solid 60 (gameworks fog at about 40ish) and within the game itself I stay at the 30 cap most of the time. The opening cutscene played in a way that seemed very strange but I've not seen a repeat of it.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wacomole

Hmm. I pre-ordered it but haven't installed it yet.

The main reason I got it on PC was because I read that the PS4 version was 30fps. Now I read that there are a number of issues with the PC version.

Is it worth getting a refund from Steam and buying the PS4 version instead?

[btw. My system is an i7 5930K, GTX970, 32GB RAM]

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Efesell

I say maybe get the refund and wait a few days to see if they go aggressive with patches. Or install it and try it out long enough just to see if you are actually affected.

The game feels good at 30 though, so If you really wanna get your Batman on the PS4 version will probably be just fine.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By ObiKwiet

Seems like a good game to test out returning things on Steam huh? I'm assuming most of you bought it there.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wacomole:

Multiplatform games will inherently be more "stable" on the consoles but it seems like a waste to have that nice of a rig and be forced to play it on your PS4. I think get the refund now and maybe wait a month of so and if it seems to be mostly working repurchase on PC otherwise buy it on PS4 .

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never had a good experience with Batman PC ports at launch. At least I know I can blame Dave Lang and it'll be justified.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Canteu

All of the actual graphics settings are in the config file. I've had no issues so far running at 60 this morning.

Punched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wacomole said:

Hmm. I pre-ordered it but haven't installed it yet.

The main reason I got it on PC was because I read that the PS4 version was 30fps. Now I read that there are a number of issues with the PC version.

Is it worth getting a refund from Steam and buying the PS4 version instead?

[btw. My system is an i7 5930K, GTX970, 32GB RAM]

There's 0 reason to get the ps4 version. As broken as it is, the PC version will still run better on your PC than the PS4 version. And the PC version will likely be fixed in a week.

Unfortunately the game itself isn't great. I forgot how much I hate Rocksteady's Batman. Pretty much every cut scene is groan inducing. There are a few specifically bad ones with the Batman and Gordon growling at each other where it seems like the direction was just to be as growly as possible. The Batmobile is also pretty dumb and not always in a good way.

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did the config file tweak to get the frame rate higher and the game's been running solid on an overclocked gtx 970. I did notice a little stutter in the first cutscene but things have run fine, maybe an occasional hiccup while driving but I don't think I'm having the seemingly catastrophic issues other pc owners are having. I also have a 5+ year old first gen i5 750 CPU so...go figure.

Only played maybe 2 hours so far but it seems like it will be a fine game, I've always wanted to drive the batmobile in a game so that fanboyism is overriding any clunkiness about it :) I mean the first time I called the bat mobile after the tutorial it came barreling through a road divider and just looked badass!

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punched: @junkboy0: Yep, I think I'll at least wait until next week to make any decision as I doubt I'll have much time to play anything before then anyway.

I do try to keep my PC primarily a working system than a gaming rig (even though it can run games really well) which is another reason why I do the majority of my gaming on console and even mobile while the PC is doing other things.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still haven't started the game, right now i can't figure out why i have double buffering when i use vysnc. If it dips below a certain number it just sits at 30fps-27fps then shoots back up to 60? With unlimited I get up to 65 and low as about 39 in the benchmark.

Tried forcing triple buffering through radeon pro but no luck, fucking wierd.

Murmur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am averaging probably 20 FPS normally, 11 in tank mode with i5, 8GB, 7970Ghz, on a SSD. To say it is running like hot garbage would be too nice.

Wait for a patch. Or 3.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@murmur said:

I am averaging probably 20 FPS normally, 11 in tank mode with i5, 8GB, 7970Ghz, on a SSD. To say it is running like hot garbage would be too nice.

Wait for a patch. Or 3.

Goddamn, i haven't played the actual game yet but my benchmarks aren't bad. Are you benchmarking good but in-game performance is bad?

Punched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: You seem pretty wrapped up in the benchmark for some reason. Just play the game.

Murmur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Murmur

@oursin_360: Exactly this. Says I'm good, and it recommended max everything, but I have to adjust so much for it to even be playable, it doesn't even seem worth it at this point. I'll probably wait a couple of weeks before trying again.

mycoolhistory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mycoolhistory

Hey folks, a person on reddit recommended these changes and they really improved things for me. I have an i5 2500k @4.4 and a GTX970. Also, I reverted to the drivers released before the current ones.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Justin258

A framerate cap that you have to go into a config file and edit out?

I want the person/people who made that decision to write a detailed blog post on why. What the fuck. Doesn't seem like fixing it is a big deal, but why would any developer or publisher want to implement that?

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the Story ATM is Iron Galaxy made the pc port ?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're in the credits as additional engineering and PC support.

The number of people credited does not say to me that they were solely responsible, but what do I know about making PC ports.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By conmulligan
@believer258 said:

I want the person/people who made that decision to write a detailed blog post on why. What the fuck. Doesn't seem like fixing it is a big deal, but why would any developer or publisher want to implement that?

It's most likely a bandaid for something that came up in QA. Implementing a frame rate cap not only alleviates any issues that crop up when the game runs at > 30Hz, it also reduces the test burden to be more in line with the console versions.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Tennmuerti

Aside from all the technical issues people are having. I am finding that this PC port looks like ass.

Motion blur, post processing, depth of field, fucking film grain!

All these meaningless doodad effects developers insist on saddling their games with. And the are no options to turn them off! (motion blur will crash your shit if you try doing it through ini, and disabling DoF screws with batman vision)

Arckham City literally looked better.

Just insane.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from all the technical issues people are having. I am finding that this PC port looks like ass.

Motion blur, post processing, depth of field, fucking film grain!

All these meaningless doodad effects developers insist on saddling their games with. And the are no options to turn them off! (motion blur will crash your shit if you try doing it through ini, and disabling DoF screws with batman vision)

Arckham City literally looked better.

Just insane.

I dunno man if the effects aren't your thing that's fine but let's not be crazy.

TJMasterK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may sound silly but in my case this is actually a good thing that its having issues. That way I can play the first two (yes I never did when they came out) while I wait for this one to get all patched up and whatnot.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punched said:

@oursin_360: You seem pretty wrapped up in the benchmark for some reason. Just play the game.

Can't, just tried and the FPS hitches and stutters like crazy and that's at locked 30fps. Normal was running 3gb of vram off the bat! I've never seen a game do this, has anything launched this bad? Well besides ubisoft games? I could deal with 30, but the stutters dont' make any sense I'm about to try and mess with the flip queue size.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game is eating up VRAM like crazy so steady stuttering has something to do with that, it also uses Denuvo DRM on top of Steam and i seem to recall reading it can cause some major stuttering too.

It does look pretty, definetly better looking than the earlier games.

spazed545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: Motion blur and film grain. Why are these things in every game now? It looks like shit 100% of the time.

gizmo88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By gizmo88

I'll be honest, had I known Iron Galaxy (Dave Lang and team) was doing this port, I would of stayed away.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmo88 said:

I'll be honest, had I known Iron Galaxy (Dave Lang and team) was doing this port, I would of stayed away.

Why? I think the way WB is putting blame on this is horseshit. It's obvious the game wasn't ready, and i guarantee they said it wasn't ready and were forced to release it anyway. I wouldn't even doubt they were brought on relatively last minute to finish while they focused on the console versions. I think that would explain WB's track record with PC ports, let the people finish the goddamn game instead of milking people for pre-orders.

DocACE911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All kidding aside, the blame resting on Iron Galaxy is kinda crazy (funny given how the podcast mocks them all the time). Rocksteady and WB are all over the place/opening scenes etc. To publicly blame an unnamed 3rd party (that takes seconds to look up) is uncool.

Also people forget that Arkham City PC DX11 was never completely fixed (still stutters today), and bad breaking bugs in origin were never fixed.

Hopefully this will be different.

Kimozabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kimozabi

This PC port was apparantly done by 12 people in 2 months. That it is playable at all is amazing.

This isn't Iron Galaxy's fault from what I can tell. It's a result of simply overall poor handling of the PC-version.

The game runs amazing on PS4, and it's UE3. There's no good reason for the state of the PC version.
And yes, the game eating 3 GB of VRAM is expected when setting textures to Normal. Rocksteady say as much when you change the option in-game.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By brutushayesosu

Ive tried everything with this 970 and I am left with only one thought.....

Loading Video...

richard_buttz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't even get the game to launch. It freezes on the first splash every time.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#PRAY4LANG

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesnt seem to matter what graphics options you use. I just got to one of the later islands in the game, and the frame rate got about 3x worse. I dropped everything to low, and 720p....Im running a GTX 770 4 GB, and would hit complete stand stills in the frame rate, or somewhere between 2-15 FPS for about 5-6 seconds. The game is just all over the map with the frame rate. Runs decent for 5 mins or so, then tanks, runs ok, tanks....Gets worse the longer the game runs.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By zenmastah

Well, i guess thats one way to react.

Right?

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got an i7 @ 4 Ghz, 24 GB RAM, a GTX 980, and a 660 ti for a physx card. The game runs great for me maxed out at 1080p with 60 fps unlocked. When in doubt throw all the teraflops at the problem. Not bad for a free game. Batman was bundled along with Witcher 3 with my 980 purchase.

...the only thing I think is odd is that the textures go from low to normal in theoptions menu. Seems like there should be more options.

gizmo88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By gizmo88

@bluefalcon said:

I've got an i7 @ 4 Ghz, 24 GB RAM, a GTX 980, and a 660 ti for a physx card. The game runs great for me maxed out at 1080p with 60 fps unlocked. When in doubt throw all the teraflops at the problem. Not bad for a free game. Batman was bundled along with Witcher 3 with my 980 purchase.

...the only thing I think is odd is that the textures go from low to normal in theoptions menu. Seems like there should be more options.

No PC currently exists that can play this game at a steady 60fps, and since SLI actually degrades performance, you can't use that option either. Even with a 980TI, if you turn of FPS monitoring you will see dips into the 20-30's. AMD users are seeing dips as low as 5-10fps.

Nvidia users have a bit less to worry about, it's much easier to notice a drop from 60fps to 10, then it is from 60 to 30.