#1 Posted by Scratch (628 posts) -

So I just finished the game last night. While casually glancing through the credits I noticed Dave Lang under "Special Thanks". So what exactly did Dave do in this game (other than hangout in the Lang zone)?

#2 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

Motion capture for the robot horse

#3 Edited by Ghostiet (5328 posts) -

The "Charge" Vigor works like a divekick. THINK ABOUT IT

#4 Edited by expensiveham (291 posts) -

Iron Galaxy worked on the PS3 port

#5 Edited by EXTomar (4951 posts) -

The idea for tears came from The Lang Zone. Think about that!

#6 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2405 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite is just a giant ad for Divekick. THINK ABOUT IT.

#7 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

So Bioshock Infinite is like the Soda Drinker Pro of Divekick?

My mind is blown.

#8 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

Because he is fucking Dave Lang. Give the man his propers.

#9 Edited by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

Special thanks could be anything. It's the same reason Jeff has a credit in Guitar Hero II

#10 Edited by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -

He mo-capped Elizabeth.

#11 Posted by SerHulse (688 posts) -

A better question would be:

Why isn't Dave Lang credited in every game?

#12 Posted by poperamone (78 posts) -

Dave Lang has been sent back through time to destroy himself who is actually Ken Lavine through the power of Dive Kicking

#13 Posted by UltraSoda (18 posts) -

Why wouldn't you credit Dave Lang

#14 Posted by AlisterCat (5726 posts) -

Not one serious answer so far... ha. I assume it has something to do with Iron Galaxy doing the PS3 port?

#15 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

Not one serious answer so far... ha. I assume it has something to do with Iron Galaxy doing the PS3 port?

If that was the case, they would be credited proper. If it was related to the PS3 version, it was most likely just friendly help as colleagues in regards to making UE work well on the PS3.

The credits for Uncharted 2 have Infinity Ward and Bungie in their special thanks, but they certainly didn't work on the game. They do know a thing or two about online multiplayer though, so I'm sure some friendly discussions took place between them

#16 Posted by AlisterCat (5726 posts) -

@mildmolasses: I said something to do with, not because of it. I also believe Iron galaxy is mentioned itself. Dave Lang's thanks could be to do with his contribution specifically. We can't know for sure, but whatever got him a mention is probably related to the contact they had because of the port.

#17 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

The game actually started as a project to digitally capture the Lang Zone.

#18 Posted by ShaggE (6711 posts) -

If you clip through the Songbird model, you'll see Dave Lang's digitized head on a stick.

#19 Posted by 49th (2848 posts) -

If you follow a specific route at the end of the game you end up in the Lang Zone™.

#20 Posted by Tearhead (2214 posts) -

The mind-boggling story of Bioshock: Infinite could only be plausible in the Lang Zone.

#21 Edited by expensiveham (291 posts) -

@alistercat said:

*clears throat*

#22 Posted by Reisz (1527 posts) -

@serhulse said:

A better question would be:

Why isn't Dave Lang credited in every game?

#23 Posted by Humanity (10111 posts) -

I'm willing to bet thats actually Dave Lang inside that Songbird suit

#24 Posted by Daveyo520 (7003 posts) -

The spoiler to Bioshock Infinite is that it all takes place in the Lang Zone.

#25 Posted by expensiveham (291 posts) -

#26 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2405 posts) -
#27 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

They had to license the lang-zone as the basis for Elizabeth's powers.

#28 Posted by Subjugation (4741 posts) -
#29 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

He mo-capped Elizabeth.

I laughed my ASS off. XD

#30 Edited by StarvingGamer (8558 posts) -
#31 Edited by psylah (2185 posts) -
#32 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

@alistercat said:

If that was the case, they would be credited proper. If it was related to the PS3 version, it was most likely just friendly help as colleagues in regards to making UE work well on the PS3.

I don't know whether they worked on Infinite directly but Iron Galaxy did port the Bioshock 2 dlc to PC and were involved in patching that game, according to their website.

#33 Posted by mrfluke (5346 posts) -
#34 Edited by GaspoweR (3516 posts) -
#35 Edited by Mijati (951 posts) -

@mildmolasses: I said something to do with, not because of it. I also believe Iron galaxy is mentioned itself. Dave Lang's thanks could be to do with his contribution specifically. We can't know for sure, but whatever got him a mention is probably related to the contact they had because of the port.

Iron Galaxy did indeed get mentioned in the Special Thanks too, along with a bunch of other studies (Ubisoft Montreal is one I remember).