Anyone else find it refreshing without Klepek?

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EricNStuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EricNStuff

These past few weeks with the original bomb crew have been some of their best stuff in a while in my opinion. They reminded me of their 2008 shows that I listened to way back when. Anyone else thinking this?

shootermcclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shootermcclay

I agree that the crew has been at their best in the past month or so, but I don't associate that with Patrick being gone. Maybe the guys are finally feeling settled into their new office, and are more relaxed and that is when they produce the best content. Patrick brings a unique flavor to the crew and he should be appreciated for it. I hope to see him back soon.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Milkman

Oh, this is a necessary thread.

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By illmatic19
prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By prestonhedges

You know I forgot this site ever even had a guy named "Klepek" on it.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By YoThatLimp

I don't think this has anything to do with Patrick but more of a fact that 5 people is too many for a podcast. They have room to talk and play around a bit more than normal. Patrick is awesome.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I think everyone should leave the bombcast except Vinny. Then he should rename it the Vinnycast.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@shootermcclay said:

I agree that the crew has been at their best in the past month or so, but I don't associate that with Patrick being gone. Maybe the guys are finally feeling settled into their new office, and are more relaxed and that is when they produce the best content. Patrick brings a unique flavor to the crew and he should be appreciated for it. I hope to see him back soon.

Pretty much. The bombcast has been great lately. I think it is because of the reason you mentioned plus summer is the off season so they go off topic more often.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I know I'll speak blasphemy here, but the podcast was really perfect last week without Brad too. Vinny, Jeff and Ryan was just amazing.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmilingPig

@InfiniteGeass said:

I think everyone should leave the bombcast except Vinny. Then he should rename it the Vinnycast.

Yep, Vinny talking to himself for 3 hours about what ever crazy stuff he is trying to learn.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By beargirl1

last week's podcast was one of the best podcasts in a long time, but i miss Patrick being around.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jozzy

I don't agree, but that is mostly because I like them to actually talk about games instead of Californian supermarkets and fast food chains. I understand there is not much coming out, but I wouldn't mind hearing more deeper insight on the backlog games they are playing. Anyway, problem will be solved the next few weeks.

Oh, and Patrick is fine on the bombcast.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Hizang

Last week was one of the very best Bombcasts.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Hey, could we have this thread one more time? I don't think you clowns have really expressed your opinion enough on this matter so far.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By The_Nubster

Oh. My. Fuck.

Come ON.

Can we go one motherfucking week without someone smearing Tricky? For fuck's sake, guys. Just stop it. If you have a legitimate criticism, voice it, but enough of these threads that boil down to saying one staff member or another is ruining things.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#16  Edited By c_rakestraw

The last few Bombcasts have been pretty amazing.

Don't think it's related to Patrick's absence, though.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By chrissedoff

I'm not happy about the absence of Brad last week, but otherwise it's been great. I believe the Bombcast (and really, all podcasts) are at their best when all of the persons featured enunciate clearly.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chrissedoff

@illmatic19 said:

Oh boy. You just opened up a hardcore can of worms buddy. Prepare to get ripped apart.

I agree with you BTW. The Bombcast has been exceptional these past few weeks.

Well, I think people will fall primarily within two camps: Those who agree, and those who secretly agree but will play the role of white knight.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Akyho

You know. I would be fine with such topics like this...if the one fact wasnt around.

Patrick's Father died very recently. That is why he is out of the office and then followed up with his wedding WITHOUT his father.

I cannot feel fine with these topics, is just seems insensitive beyond the natural (The natural being "Oh we dont like you...that hurts your feelings? tough.") as if you are celebrating his fathers death for making him leave the offive.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Ruiner

I like Patrick, but the site was great before him, so him leaving for a while and it still being great is no real surprise... I will say the TNT really needs all the guys to be fun..the latest one felt really empty...

sissylion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sissylion

I HATE THIS GUY WHO CAN WRITE WELL AND HAS GENUINE ENTHUSIASM FOR VIDEO GAMES THAT THE REST OF THE CREW SEEMS TO LACK AT TIMES WAAAAAH

trav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By trav

I disagree, but I really enjoyed when Jeff hosted. Not too many people, some hilarious ideas, it was a nice short break from the usual format.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aegon
@Bobby_The_Great said:

I know I'll speak blasphemy here, but the podcast was really perfect last week without Brad too. Vinny, Jeff and Ryan was just amazing.

Brad just chimes in every now and then, and he's good for a laugh every once in a while. Mostly he's in the background so it doesn't affect the hilarity of the rest.
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@The_Nubster said:

Oh. My. Fuck.

Come ON.

Can we go one motherfucking week without someone smearing Tricky? For fuck's sake, guys. Just stop it. If you have a legitimate criticism, voice it, but enough of these threads that boil down to saying one staff member or another is ruining things.

Wow, you his brother or something?
All the OP said is he found it refreshing and really liked how the guys were getting back into their old groove.
Nowhere did he 'smear' Patrick, he did not insult him, his hair, his writing or anything else.

My legitimate criticism: I think Patrick is annoying, takes too much attention to himself when he's around and kind of thinks too highly of himself (which he also shows in his behaviour to others) so I kind of prefer to avoid him, you know as a grown up, where I can.

Guess I'll be listening to the bombcast today then.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Yup.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By ez123

I think Quick Looks have been the real winners. I'm not going to pretend the podcasts have been awesome just because I'm not a Patrick fan.

Avatar image for corpulateguitar@
corpulateguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By corpulateguitar

i think the GB Crew is fucking awesome, and i love off-topic talk so yeah everything is gravy here...... but i miss shoemaker and kleptok.

Over all the years of gaming journalism ive followed (mind you ive been reading Gamepro, EGM, and NinPow since grade school and im 30 now) i honestly feel the GB Crew are my favorite hands down, it doesn't matter whose their or not as long as i get at least 1 of the 5 im cool.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Deusx

I hope this thread gets closed soon because it is a waste of bandwith.

legendlexicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By legendlexicon

Arguing over how to make emergent humor better just feels weird to me.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bane122

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@shootermcclay said:

Pretty much. The bombcast has been great lately. I think it is because of the reason you mentioned plus summer is the off season so they go off topic more often.

Yeah, the bombcasts are great this time of year when game releases are dry. It has nothing to do with Patrick being gone.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zella

I really think the Bombcast being so good these past few weeks is because there have been no major releases. My favourite part of the bombcast is when they don't talk about games. I don't think the lack of Patrick had anything to do with it.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By casper_

i dont know dude, patrick brings up games that usually wouldn't be on anyone else's radar which can lead to some interesting discussion.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Deusoma
@shootermcclay said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I agree. Quick Looks have been watchable lately. I need to get around to listening to the Bombcasts though.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mrpandaman

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@The_Nubster said:

Oh. My. Fuck.

Come ON.

Wow, you his brother or something? All the OP said is he found it refreshing and really liked how the guys were getting back into their old groove. Nowhere did he 'smear' Patrick, he did not insult him, his hair, his writing or anything else. My legitimate criticism: I think Patrick is annoying, takes too much attention to himself when he's around and kind of thinks too highly of himself (which he also shows in his behaviour to others) so I kind of prefer to avoid him, you know as a grown up, where I can. Guess I'll be listening to the bombcast today then.

The topic sounds like a jab at Patrick. It could've just been titled "Anyone find the Bombcast refreshing these last couple of weeks?" and totally avoided stuff like this.

It might not have been intended as a jab, but still the topic does kind of invite the less than likely constructive criticism of Patrick.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#36  Edited By Little_Socrates

One: No, I haven't found it refreshing. I enjoyed last week's episode full of complete fucking nonsense because it was absolutely balls-to-the-wall complete fucking nonsense with just Ryan/Jeff/Vinny, and I enjoyed the episode Jeff hosted because it was similarly nonsensical and also had Drew. Those things were abnormal, but they also happened the last couple timeshalf the podcrew vanished. But the other two episodes were totally normal episodes that got boring whenever they tried to talk about video games because nobody on the crew is seriously playing everything right now. No one is passionate about any game and the news has been relatively slow lately, so I haven't really enjoyed any part of the podcast about that stuff since everyone played Spec Ops. And I miss Patrick and his work on a backlog he actually cares about, not to mention the fact that he's as funny as the other guys.

Two: Fuck off. Now I get how the "Brad is leaving" haters feel. If there was any novelty to these comments at this point, it's been lost from the weekly necessity to wade through this shit, so if you don't have some actual specific criticism or conversation about Patrick, leave him out of it, or at least just post in one of the old threads. If you're just trying to say that it feels like the old shows, why bother bringing up that Patrick is gone? The show was just as stupid and nonsensical on the July 3 podcast and the Globetrotters podcast before it, so why leave that out?

This shit feels like fucking grade school and I'm sick of it.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@mrpandaman: If you're actively looking for it perhaps, he just posed a question and wanted to know if people shared his feelings.
I too think its refreshing without Patrick.
That's not a jab, that's a opinion.

I'm out though, this topic is giving me a very bad taste in the mouth, people can't respond to a few lines of text normally.
jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jjnen

I miss him.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39  Edited By aurahack

I'd attribute their renewed sillyness to the complete lack of game releases and news to cover over Patrick being gone. :T Tricky can get just as silly as the rest of the crew when the opportunity arises, mang.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

I loved last week's podcast, I don't listen to all of them but this was certainly the best I had heard in a while. But I don't associate that with Patrick being gone. Like previous posters said, I think it's a combination of the fact that the summer season allows them all to get off topic more, and that the lower headcount allowed them all to have more breathing room. And for what it's worth, I do enjoy Patrick's presence on the show a lot.

On the other hand, TNT really suffered without many people in the office. The GameSpot staff popping in for a while was pretty awesome, and Vinny's effects tricks were hilarious, but it would've been better if there was just one more person there

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PillClinton

@Akyho said:

You know. I would be fine with such topics like this...if the one fact wasnt around.

Patrick's Father died very recently. That is why he is out of the office and then followed up with his wedding WITHOUT his father.

I cannot feel fine with these topics, is just seems insensitive beyond the natural (The natural being "Oh we dont like you...that hurts your feelings? tough.") as if you are celebrating his fathers death for making him leave the offive.

It's sad because I have indeed seen these sentiments voiced on these forums and frankly, it's disgusting.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sockemjetpack
I miss him
I miss him
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#43  Edited By Vinny_Says

4 people on a podcast just flows better than 5, it has nothing to do with the material.

But you are right about the last few podcasts being awesome, I just don't think it has anything to do with Patrick being there.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like Patrick a lot on the TNT's. I've noticed his absence and actually miss him; he always seemed the most informative to me.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By eskimo

I'm missing Mr Klepek and am awaiting his triumphant return.

djhicks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By djhicks1

This is dumb. Patrick is a good guy.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By J12088

Yup. Hopefully it's a long honeymoon.

neverdeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By neverdeed

half the time he cant even pronounce the words he is trying to say

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By valiantgrizzly

@jozzy said:

I don't agree, but that is mostly because I like them to actually talk about games instead of Californian supermarkets and fast food chains. I understand there is not much coming out, but I wouldn't mind hearing more deeper insight on the backlog games they are playing. Anyway, problem will be solved the next few weeks.

Oh, and Patrick is fine on the bombcast.

FUCKING THIS. GOD.

At least Patrick makes the effort to play old games and then talk about them on the bombcast. Maybe it's because I'm not American, but half of the stuff they talk about on the last few podcasts I simply can not relate to.

More on topic: Patrick has grown on me. Found him a bit too much at first, but now I like his input in the bombcast. I used to like him on the 1UP podcast as well.

flushpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By flushpockets

You guys do realize Patrick is an actual human being right? How would you feel if you took time away from work or school only to find that everyone left notes all over your desk about how nice it was that you weren't around? If the people working at a website is this big of a deal to you, perhaps you should take a step back and re-examine your life.