• 70 results
Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Castro

I would just like to let people know that there is an episode about halfway through the third season of Lost, it's the episode where Nikki (sp?) and Paolo die, that is awesome. The show sucks through the second season and into the third, but starting with that episode, it gets fucking awesome. Not only does it get awesome, it actually gets awesomer as it goes along. All the way up until the end of season five. Season six started awesome, but on a completely different level.

Also, there was a writers' strike a few years ago. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the writers decided to have an end date at that time. The first new episode that aired after that was (I'm assuming) the aforementioned Nikki (sp?) and Paolo episode. The idea being that if they had a set number of episodes, they could plan everything out to the ending. The show has been pretty amazing since then so I have no reason to think that this one will disappoint.

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Adamantium

Aw this thread saddens me! I love 'em both so much. I had to vote LOST since it's been around longer, but it hurt me to do so...

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TheGremp

I love me some Lost, but Bombcast takes the cake. 

And about it being way too confusing...  Just watch it from episode 1 with an open mind.  The storyline and characters are very well made.  A lot of my friends are like "Yeah I tried watching an episode in the third season and didn't have a clue what was gong on"...  Well, duh.  You don't read a book starting with the 10th chapter, now do you? 

And contrary to popular belief, they aren't making it up as they go along.  There's some stuff in Season 1 Episode 1 that foreshadows what goes down at the end of the fifth season.  J.J. Abrams must be some kind of mastermind. 

[/LostFanboyDefense]  

Anyways, Bombcast wins.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By CptBedlam
@TheGremp said:

"And contrary to popular belief, they aren't making it up as they go along.  There's some stuff in Season 1 Episode 1 that foreshadows what goes down at the end of the fifth season.  J.J. Abrams must be some kind of mastermind.  [/LostFanboyDefense]   "

They can still make all that stuff up later and just make it related to earlier events. No mastermind required and I'm pretty sure there is none involved.

I'm pretty convinced that at the time of the the early seasons they didn't know what they would go for in the end.
rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By rawrz

Ive never seen Lost so by default i have to go with the Bombcast. Though even if i had id still choose the Bombcast since its always funny and entertaining, unlike a tv show where you know some episodes will just be filler

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Meltac

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. That's the only real answer.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By General_D23

Why must one choose?

:(  

Lost....

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By Whisperkill

There is no alternative to Lost, while there are many many gaming podcasts out there

so Lost.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By RTSlord
@LaszloKovacs said:
"LOST got too dumb for me after the first season.

Then I watched an episode of it a couple years ago and there were ghosts and then the island moved because of a wood wheel in the basement.

What. "
thefreshmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By thefreshmaker

I love how polarizing people's opinions on LOST are.  Its either extreme loathing or blissful praise.  Personally I love the show, its basically the only show on television that requires the viewer to put more into the experience than an ass in a seat.  I love the Bombcast, but like others have said, there is simply no replacement for LOST.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#61  Edited By spiceninja

Oh god DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By jkz

I have absolutely no interest in Lost

OnlyWonderBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By OnlyWonderBoy
@Demigonis said:

From listening to people discuss the show and break it down it really does sound like they were just making things up as they went along with little to no continuity. "

It may sounds that way, all but the major plot points of the show were planned out from the very beginning, that's how they knew the show was going to last around 6 seasons. I'm surprised by the amoumt of Lost hate on this forum. Major problem is people don't seem to want to accept that the show is really sci-fi in it's nature. Even though the first season started out normal, all the paranormal stuff was planned out in advance. Also the fact that it doesn't answer any questions for a long time, makes it really rewarding when something is finally explained making events on past episodes make much more sense in retrospect. On top of that I'm a fan of the well developed characters and how the events on the island have shaped them.  Although I guess it's just not for everyone 
demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By demigonis
@OnlyWonderBoy: I don't know, I'm not really hating on Lost, because I don't have any personal feelings towards it at this point. I'm just going off of what I hear people saying. (no, not just random trolls, people who seem to have intelligently thought out opinions on Lost) It really seems like they intentionally do things that make no sense in an effort to appear clever in a strange sort of way.

I also found this quite humorous, have you heard it yet?  SPOILERS
Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Hourai

I watched the first season of Lost on TV a long time ago and never really bothered watching more after that. 

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MarkWahlberg
@Castro said:
" I would just like to let people know that there is an episode about halfway through the third season of Lost, it's the episode where Nikki (sp?) and Paolo die, that is awesome. The show sucks through the second season and into the third, but starting with that episode, it gets fucking awesome.   
This could not be more true. The best part about the Nikki and Paolo episode was that before then, I had been really pissed that they had decided to introduce these new people. It was like 'why the hell are they here they're serving no purpose whatsoever OOOOH FUCK" (The oh fuck being my realization that they were the impetus for possibly the best episode of the season).   

And I've said this in my blog (that no one read *cough*) but  rewatching the final Mr Eko episode after seeing the season 5 finale totally explains what the Smoke Monster is, which is why you can tell that at least from that point on, they knew what they were doing.

@TheGremp said:
" J.J. Abrams must be some kind of mastermind.   
JJ hasn't had anything to do with the show since the first season. Common mistake. Apparently people ask him about what's going on all the time and he's all 'I have no idea! I'm not writing it anymore!". That's not to say he isn't a mastermind regardless...
ATalkingDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ATalkingDog

is this really an issue? why don't you just listen to the Bombcast after Lost?  

Plus, the Bombcast and Lost go together like peas and carrots or PB & J, and they have weird similarities. 
Like how Jeff is the Jack of the podcast...Ryan is Sawyer....Vinny is Locke...Brad is Kate....and Dave and Drew are Sun and Jin...

Rirobuge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Rirobuge

The bombcast usually doesn't show up for me until after Lost anyway, so I'll just have both.

ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ryoma122

dude you had to ask now there are specialy trained ninjas coming to get u because you shouldnt be watchin lost in the 
first place

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#71  Edited By ProfessorEss

Hmmm...
My favourite podcast versus a show that I can't stand watching...

OnlyWonderBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By OnlyWonderBoy
@Demigonis said:

" @OnlyWonderBoy: I don't know, I'm not really hating on Lost, because I don't have any personal feelings towards it at this point. I'm just going off of what I hear people saying. (no, not just random trolls, people who seem to have intelligently thought out opinions on Lost) It really seems like they intentionally do things that make no sense in an effort to appear clever in a strange sort of way.

I also found this quite humorous, have you heard it yet?  SPOILERS

"
Haha i hadn't seen that, but I do actually find that quite funny. Maybe its just blind faith at this point but i foresee them having closure to all the major questions. I enjoy the fact they don't explain everything right away and like i said it makes it more rewarding when something is finally explained. I feel as though the cleverness lies in this. Of course I suppose that isn't for everyone.