California beverage import laws

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By DJ_Lae

Quick question for anyone in California (or anyone in the US, really, not sure how import laws vary from state to state) - are there restrictions on the import of beverages, either plain or alcoholic?

I've got a couple of very British Columbian energy drinks to send in as well as some fantastic local microbrew, but I have a feeling some stodgy old coot in a darkened room might decide to open up my package as it crosses the border, deem it unacceptable for import, and drink the damn things.

If not, I'll send the energy drinks by themselves, but I feel sorry for the Giant Bomb guys attacking their hearts all the time with caffeine and taurine - surely it's the liver's turn by now.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Captain_Fookup

What's the name of these "British Columbian energy drink" are you talking about Beaver Buzz?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

people from Uk has sent them drinks before so it is possible. Just ask your post office what the laws are they should know.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DJ_Lae
Captain_Fookup said:
"What's the name of these "British Columbian energy drink" are you talking about Beaver Buzz?"

Yeah, I have a bit of a soft spot for the stuff as they use sugar instead of corn syrup. Plus, the hopelessly tacky name.

I also want to hear the four of them mutter expletives after trying the green tea one.
Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Captain_Fookup

haha yeah I tend to drink Beaver Buzz now and again, the other day I was thinking about mailing them a box of assorted flavors.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hexpane

Energy drinks are just diabetes and tooth decay in a can.  But yes, CA has some confusing and archaic beverage laws.  Somehow after a few years tho we FINALLY have

DOGFISH ale in CA w00t.  90 min IPA rocks! (like 9% and tastes like a good IPA not some barely wine shit)

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DJ_Lae

Done.

I decided to pass on the more conventional flavours, instead focusing on the standard saskatoon berry and mouth-violating green tea.

I'll have to go back for the green tea ones, though - didn't realize the increase in shipping was minimal. If I only send a single case I'm paying twice the value of the drinks, which is crazy.