David Jaffe: F*** her!

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By Ghostiet
@rebgav said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

OMG that David Jaffe is so edgy! He's definitely the bad boy of video game development. Now only if could develop games as well as he can talk shit.

Between Twisted Metal and God of War he's had two successful franchises across all three generations of the Playstation. Not good enough?

Wanna bet he'll answer that with "successful =/= good"? Because that's the greatest argument.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Animasta

@Ghostiet said:

@rebgav said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

OMG that David Jaffe is so edgy! He's definitely the bad boy of video game development. Now only if could develop games as well as he can talk shit.

Between Twisted Metal and God of War he's had two successful franchises across all three generations of the Playstation. Not good enough?

Wanna bet he'll answer that with "successful =/= good"? Because that's the greatest argument.

if he doesn't consider those games good than yes, that would be a great argument?

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Sooty said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

this is the best post in this thread.

Twisted Metal and God of War were pretty amazing games when they game out. But onto Leigh pretty much every thing she writes is how sexist the video game industry is. I mean cant you write about something else. She has no idea how money works, like saying activision hired the Staples Centre for 775 million dollars to throw a party would even make Paris Hilton and Kim Khardashian face palm.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Animasta

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Sooty said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

like saying activision hired the Staples Centre for 775 million dollars to throw a party would even make Paris Hilton and Kim Khardashian face palm.

that was 2 years ago when she was super drunk, get the fuck over it

also game industry is mad sexist so why not write about it? (that's also not all she writes but hey)

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#105  Edited By obcdexter

Watched the livestream, thought Jaffe was awesome. F* Leigh!

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Animasta said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Sooty said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

like saying activision hired the Staples Centre for 775 million dollars to throw a party would even make Paris Hilton and Kim Khardashian face palm.

also game industry is mad sexist so why not write about it? (that's also not all she writes but hey)

How can I get over something so hillarious, every time i see that name thats what I will think about. Pure comedy gold.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Animasta

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Animasta said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Sooty said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

How can I get over something so hillarious, every time i see that name thats what I will think about. Pure comedy gold.

yeah just write off well written articles because someone was obnoxious on a podcast after drinking too much

way to go

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#108  Edited By Shady

@Animasta said:

ugh jaffe sucks. Leigh may be a terrible drunk, but at least she writes pretty well.

I see what you did there.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Ghostiet
@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@rebgav said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

if he doesn't consider those games good than yes, that would be a great argument?

If a dude makes games that are mostly critically acclaimed, have loyal fans and sell good, then I'd say David Jaffe is pretty fucking good at his job. So now, his opinion doesn't matter shit, since we're talking about how good Jaffe is at his job, not how good his games are.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Animasta

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@rebgav said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

If a dude makes games that are mostly critically acclaimed, have loyal fans and sell good, then I'd say David Jaffe is pretty fucking good at his job. So now, his opinion doesn't matter shit, since we're talking about how good Jaffe is at his job, not how good his games are.

I suppose, does that make the angry birds guys the best developers around, objectively?

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Animasta: Show me one well written article from her, I try reading her articles but they are just so self promotion bullshit.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Animasta

@Bourbon_Warrior: http://gamasutra.com/view/news/167655/Opinion_Fish_Blow_make_auteur_a_more_interesting_word.php

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Animasta That article is so good, Gamasutra dont even have it on their website now lol. Broken link

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Shady

Why do video game journalists hate paragraphs? Like, two of three sentences isn't a paragraph, but go ahead and hit the return key since fuck writing conventions. Still, I guess it's better than the wall of text garbage Tim Rogers spit's out.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

#115  Edited By Sdoots

Jaffe is the hero we deserve.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By donchipotle

Leave Leigh Alone

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By chilibean_3

Jaffe is a fantastic guest. He's honest and produces very intelligent and insightful discussion. I hope every E3 includes a podcast with him.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#118  Edited By Lukeweizer

They both kind of annoy me.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Arker101

I can't keep up with the flood of content so I'm trying to slowly wade through all of it once it hits the archives or JTV. Does anyone know if this one from last night will be archived?

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Ghostiet
@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@rebgav said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

I suppose, does that make the angry birds guys the best developers around, objectively?

They managed to execute a simple idea in a good way and turn it into a cultural phenomenon. So far their track record suggests that yes, they are good developers.
DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#121  Edited By DeF

@H2Oyea said:

If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a hint: 775.

I DO know what you're talking about but I don't understand the hint lol

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Animasta

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@rebgav said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

They managed to execute a simple idea in a good way and turn it into a cultural phenomenon. So far their track record suggests that yes, they are good developers.

oh no, I'm not going to hate on them for making shitloads of money (I'd agree with you), I was just wondering what it was that made him a GOOD developer, if it was taste or if it was success.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By BraveToaster

The livestream would get entertaining as soon as I leave. It was boring as all hell last night.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Ghostiet
@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@rebgav said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

oh no, I'm not going to hate on them for making shitloads of money (I'd agree with you), I was just wondering what it was that made him a GOOD developer, if it was taste or if it was success.

Both. The first two Twisted Metal, Twisted Metal Black and God of War were not only appealing thematically, but they also played damn well - there's a reason GoW2 is considered to be the PS2's peak. While I'm no fan of Angry Birds, I'll never deny that the execution and the idea (the birds are probably the most bankable mascot around) are good. Which is also the reason why it became so big, considering how many of similar games existed even before AB.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#125  Edited By Sooty

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@rebgav said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

Both. The first two Twisted Metal, Twisted Metal Black and God of War were not only appealing thematically, but they also played damn well - there's a reason GoW2 is considered to be the PS2's peak. While I'm no fan of Angry Birds, I'll never deny that the execution and the idea (the birds are probably the most bankable mascot around) are good. Which is also the reason why it became so big, considering how many of similar games existed even before AB.

The peak of the PS2 is Persona 4. Get outta town!

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Ghostiet
@Sooty said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@rebgav said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

The peak of the PS2 is Persona 4. Get outta town!

I'd say swan song. Although I won't argue either way, I love that game.
TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#127  Edited By TentPole

@Animasta said:

ugh jaffe sucks. Leigh may be a terrible drunk, but at least she writes pretty well.

What is your point? Jaffe is no writer, but he has a valid reason for his feelings about Leigh as opposed to most of the people on this site.

If she wants to shit on his games that is fine but it is out of line to shit on the people who worked really hard trying to bring the games out. Of course Jaffe is going to stand up for his team when she tries and throw them under the bus. Are you saying he shouldn't?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#128  Edited By JJOR64

Got a giant smile on my face when he said that.

<>

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@TentPole said:

@Animasta said:

What is your point? Jaffe is no writer, but he has a valid reason for his feelings about Leigh as opposed to most of the people on this site. If she wants to shit on his games that is fine but it out of line to shit on the people who worked really hard trying to bring the games out. Of course Jaffe is going to stand up for his team when she tries and throw them under the bus. Are you saying he shouldn't?

Yeah, I have no sympathy for her. I don't give a shit about the stupid things she's said while drunk a few years back but when you start a personal attack on people for no other reason than you didn't like their game, you deserve to be called out as a piece of shit.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#130  Edited By mikemcn

That sounds like the most amazing thing ever, I really hope he was talking about who I think he's talking about.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#131  Edited By ThePickle

Seriously, what gets in the minds of these people making threads about specific things in the Bombcasts? Especially something this minor. Take it to the comments.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#132  Edited By cornbredx

Ya, last nights live stream was great. David Jaffe still knows how to speak his mind haha- the "fuck her" comment was funny.

ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ChickenPants

Love Jaffe - they should have him on the podcast every year - he may talk a lot but he doesn't do it in an obnoxious way like some other people. He actually comes up with great topics and draws other people into the conversation.

Thought his comment about Leigh was pretty hilarious. For those who haven't watched the stream I recommend actually trying to see that part as Brad's reaction after he said it is the best part.

Good to see some of Leigh's white knights are on patrol tonight too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

David Jaffe is pretty annoying and loud. I think he likes the sound of his own voice a little too much.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By sirdesmond

God, just re-watching some of those old livestreams with Leigh reminds me how horrific she is, so obnoxious.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By ch3burashka

I thought it was harsh. Unless he's so vindictive that he's still steaming a year later, that was uncalled for.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By DukesT3

I liked how it seemed he couldn't stand it when they were talking about John Carmack.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#138  Edited By Brendan

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Animasta said:

@Ghostiet said:

@rebgav said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

Agreed. It's like the post-it note, or other similarly successful yet simple inventions. Are you going to tell me that because the inventions weren't complicated that the people behind them weren't incredibly talented for creating that specific thing? Angry Birds is a simple concept that shares similarities with other games, but the details of its execution are where its success lies, and those details that don't ever get credit by most unperceptive people are what takes such talent.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Milkman

Is this really worthy of an eight page thread?

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@H2Oyea said:

@EVO said:

@Grissefar said:

@EVO said:

A link would be nice.

What the fuck? Aren't you watching the E3 stream?

Nope. And neither are you if you made that post.

Multitasking EVO, multitasking.

According to EVO, tabs do not exist in browsers, and if you are watching a livestream, it is utterly impossible to do anything else, like browse forums.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CH3BURASHKA said:

I thought it was harsh. Unless he's so vindictive that he's still steaming a year later, that was uncalled for.

I dunno If somebody who has no experience making games takes a shot at a product I've put a lot of long hard hours into and a team that I've worked with for a long time, I'd probably have the same opinion. A negative review is one thing, what she was saying is another.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Milkman said:

It was funny at the moment it happened live, but yes I agree, not that big of a deal.

ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By ChickenPants

@CH3BURASHKA: Geez, he just said ''Fuck her'' off handedly, pretty benign all things considered. People are too sensitive here.

@LooseChange: Didn't pick up that vibe at all. He came in and talked about how nice a guy he was and how he had first met him this year.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By myke_tuna

@Chicken_Pants said:

@LooseChange: Didn't pick up that vibe at all. He came in and talked about how nice a guy he was and how he had first met him this year.

Same. His facial expression wasn't the best, but I'm just going to chalk that up to straight up fatigue. I'm sure that guy had a busy day.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By psylah

@Milkman said:

775 Million sexy Nazis.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#146  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Seriously it's been two years...

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By psylah

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Seriously it's been two years...

NEVER FORGET.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#148  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Okay, the last thing Giant Bomb needs is another Leigh Alexander hate train, and the podcast is up now so if you want to comment on it you can do so in the comments section for that episode. This needs to not be a thing now.