Do you really think that the bomb cast is too long???

• 98 results
Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Honestly, I wouldn't mind at this point if someone just sampled their speech patterns and crossed them with random Wikipedia pages, procedurally generating a theoretically infinite amount of off topic conversations. I already dream up enough of these in the night, only to forget them in the morning, so it'd be swell if someone'd do it in a more permanent manner.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#52  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I love my bombcasts stupidly long and full of pointless tangential discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b847dda3e8d2
deactivated-5b847dda3e8d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have an 8 hour day at work.......feel free to go ahead and make it even longer. I have to fill my long ass workday with something. Keep up the good work guys.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Aronman789

No, I love pointless tangents and discussions about nonsense, it's stupid fun and I learn stuff sometimes. That said I rarely finish them myself, but that has more to do with Flash sucking ass and crashing pretty much every time I listen to it.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#56  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Are you fucking high?

BulimicBalzac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BulimicBalzac

I hate to say things, or type things rather. Lets just say I like em long, wide, and I like deep in my... ummmmm... Ear drums honey. A nice 3 hour aural experiance will send me in to ecstatic bliss, curling of the toes and goose bumps on my privates.

I listen to work at podcast and I have to say without these long podcasts I would have driven off the side of a cliff. So keep em' long, keep em' strong, and keep this "LISTENER" alive!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#58  Edited By csl316

I thought so, til I started rationing between multiple days on the way to work. Now it's quite fine.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Mirado

I'll let Agent Smith tell it like it is:

@flippyandnod said:

Yes,it is most definitely too long right now. They are just babbling about nothing. I understand it's been a slow time for games. Great, so make the bombcast shorter during those times and then expand it again when the flood of games returns.

You'll be glad in the long run anyway, because right now they are starting to repeat themselves in their diversions anyway. So not using up material will leave them more for next time.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm thinking of dropping the Bombcast from my podcast rotation.

I'm not saying I don't like banter. I like it. But when there is less content, don't feel the need to fluff up the banter to fill up the time.

More isn't always better.

There are only three types of people that visit this website: those who like video games, those who like the staff's personalities, and those who like both. I cannot understand for the life of me how any of the first type have stuck around. It's been pretty clear for years that this is one of the least "video gamey" video game websites, or to put it a different way, the most personality driven of all of them. Taking 40 minutes to actually get to anything game related isn't a new phenomenon, and even the E3 casts (which should contain the most game content) are full of Hawktaku and Time Belt bullshit, and they are better for it. The filler won't decrease when you get a lot of video game news happening, you'd just have a four hour long Bombcast instead.

Hell. even quick looks and TNTs are less about them competently showing of the game and its features, and more about them fucking around.

More is better. I understand what you are saying and I get that it isn't for everyone (believe me, I'm not trying to sway your opinion), but I have no idea why you still listen to the Bombcast when it has been very clear that video games occupy a 2nd tier in the rotation and have done so for a long time (if all games all the time is your thing).

Personally, I'd take 3 hours of how Jeff is/was a horrible tenant with a light sprinkling of video games over the reverse. That's just me, however.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Nux

Hell no. I have a long drive to and from school. The longer the Bombcast the better.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By ShaggE

Nah, it's perfect as is. My favorite GB moments tend to be unrelated to games, and three hours gives me both uncompressed game talk as well as plenty of the ridiculous ramblings I come here for.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By Brendan

@MattyFTM said:

Personally I'd listen to and love a 10 hour bombcast. Or even longer. BUT that doesn't mean that it's not too long. We are in the minority. People who frequent the forums and vote in polls on this sort of poll are the super enthusiastic fans of the site and the bombcast. We aren't the average listener. And we certainly aren't the random internet users who may stumble across the podcast on iTunes. I know if I was looking for a podcast to listen to and I was browsing iTunes or whatever, I'd not even consider a 3+ hour podcast. I'd dismiss it as too long.

That's not to say they have to cater to random iTunes users, but having a podcast catering entirely to the most "hardcore" listeners and ignoring everyone else isn't a way to run a podcast either. There has to be a balance. A happy medium. The 2-2.5 hour mark is probably that sweet spot from this point of view.

I was going to write something all smart like this, but I'm glad you did because now I no longer think I'm alone. Sometimes I think the Bomb crew should be a little more business driven, but I never say that because everyone immediately jumps to the douche-iest possible definition of that term when I do.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#63  Edited By AndrewB

Weren't they poking fun at the people who debate this?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#64  Edited By DarthOrange

@MattyFTM said:

Personally I'd listen to and love a 10 hour bombcast. Or even longer. BUT that doesn't mean that it's not too long. We are in the minority. People who frequent the forums and vote in polls on this sort of poll are the super enthusiastic fans of the site and the bombcast. We aren't the average listener. And we certainly aren't the random internet users who may stumble across the podcast on iTunes. I know if I was looking for a podcast to listen to and I was browsing iTunes or whatever, I'd not even consider a 3+ hour podcast. I'd dismiss it as too long.

That's not to say they have to cater to random iTunes users, but having a podcast catering entirely to the most "hardcore" listeners and ignoring everyone else isn't a way to run a podcast either. There has to be a balance. A happy medium. The 2-2.5 hour mark is probably that sweet spot from this point of view.

I actually first found the bombcast while looking through the lists of podcasts on Media Go trying to find German podcasts to download on my PSP Go and help me learn the language. Some of the randoms do in fact become forum regulars :)

falconpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By falconpunch

They could be a little longer...

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#66  Edited By ThePickle

Depends. Some Bombcast really drag, but others are great for the 3 hours.

I definitely am a pauser, but I still haven't finished most of the recent ones.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67  Edited By HairyMike87

It's a little long, but they know how to keep me listening.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By kindgineer

Honestly, I wish it was longer. I know that's a fan-boy comment, but I love the side-discussions they have. Half the time I don't even care about the "literal" game talk. They are a funny bunch and it really shows when they let their personalities take over the discussion rather than an agenda. (Not to say they aren't good to listen to when they talk about games. Just when that's all they are focused on.)

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By cmblasko

As someone who has a 1 hour commute to work, I appreciate the Bombcast being as long as it is. I could see why people would prefer a shorter version, though.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By AngelN7

I haven't listen to full Bombcast in a while the one with Will Smith was the last I heard entirely as opossed to other people I don't like when they go on weird tangets for too long sometimes because the topic is too local or too specific to something in the US that I don't know or care and sometimes because it feels like the same thing... that probably doesn't make sense but is like their style or rutine kinda repeats itself a lot sort of like when they said " oh how many.... all of it , all of the [insert thing] or the -est" that or someone brings something about a movie or a show that's clearly bad and they talk about how is the best thing. Stuff like that is what makes the Bombcast funny but ehh I don't know maybe is just me but it's like the same joke with a different subject , I do like when they talk about some weird story in the industry or some specific game but I haven't been interested , reading the desciption tells me if I want to listen to the Bombcast more than the lenght of it.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#71  Edited By Slag

I'm going to say yeah it's a little on the long side.

I love the content but I wouldn't mind if it was two hours instead creeping on 4. As it is I only have time to listen to it in one hour chunks basically anyway.

The other things that strikes me is I don't know if all the guys should to be there throughout the entire cast, I'm not sure it's the best of their time for some of the members of the cast to basically just chime once an hour when it's not their turn to be the lead.

I think if Ryan were to host and the other guys were to come and go as needed it might actually be smoother. 5 people is a lot of dudes on a cast.

but whatever it's a great cast and you can't please everyone.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

If anything they're too short. I like listening to the podcast while jogging sometimes and listen to it in sessions. When I finish an episode I may sometimes replay it.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By ArtisanBreads

People don't really say it's too long and the staff are joking about it when they say that it is. There is a reason it's a solid 3 hours every time, if not longer now.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By fugie7

no i don't think the bombcast the is to long.

kyelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By kyelb22

I'd love it if it was longer, actually. I listen to the podcast on my commute to and from work, and I'll usually finish during the weekend, I think, shit, now I have to listen to other, lesser podcasts until Tuesday.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SlightConfuse

i think its good at around 3 any longer and it would be crazy

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By EXTomar

Where is the "sort of" option? I sometimes wonder if they should have a Monday/Tuesday and a Friday one that both would be shorter than 1h:30m. Or if that doesn't work, move the Bombcast to Friday.

FirebirdINF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By FirebirdINF

Bombcast is king. Don't rush the king.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BabyChooChoo

It's not long enough. 6 hour podcasts of gtfo.

aratto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By aratto

No!

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By Zleunamme

Never, the three to four hour bombcasts during E3 are insane. I don't know how those guys can keep up. Considering all the stuff they had to do through out those days.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#82  Edited By BisonHero

I think it's pretty commonly known that Jeff is the only person who thinks the Bombcast is too long.

FirebirdINF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By FirebirdINF

But seriously, the leisurely format is what allows Ryan to sus out some amazing pearls from his team once in a while. I will take the few slow parts, although Ryan is usually pretty good at moving things along to keep the temperature up. I really get irked by podcasts that stick to the plan a little too much and are too tight. Its not the evening news or a business meeting. When you got good interesting people you need to give them the environment to open up. If that requires talking to them about something non-work-related that they are excited about, then whooptee-do: they are human. And the more we know about the critic, the more value we can extract from their criticism.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#84  Edited By Hector

I wouldn't want more than what they already offer. It's perfect as it is now.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#86  Edited By Sogeman

It's not long enough. I can only squeeze like 2,5 commutes out of it.

Just because all of your attention spans are 5 minutes doesn't mean that the Bombcast is too long.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f39c75856922
deactivated-5f39c75856922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People complain about not enough content, then complain about too long of a Bombcast. Can't win.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#88  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Nope. Whether I have free time or am working on things a lot, sometimes I just want to burn away hours with something on in the background and a nice long Bombcast suits that need perfectly.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Moonshadow101

Not at all. It's quite comfortably long.

potatomash3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By potatomash3r

This question gets asked every few weeks and the answer is always a resounding; NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE IT LONG!

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#91  Edited By MetalBaofu

@pyromagnestir said:

You tell 'em, Emmerson Cod.

Your post made me simultaneously happy and sad.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#92  Edited By rachelepithet

Much too long! Listen to hotspots from 2005, and how many stories and laughs they could get into a 15 minute cast. They need to bump up the pace otherwise I drift off during it. Sometimes you can barely tell what game their talking about because the convo starts so nonchalant. More music cues between topics (stories) and individual games to discuss would help, too.

And maybe they should do separate podcasts for new releases/reviews/whatchabeenplayin, and another for news/stories/personal stuff/emails.

Its amazing they hit 3 & 1/2 hours WITHOUT Nintendo readouts.

And you can tell that the sheer length makes them seem bored, tired, hungry... that they themselves are distracted by their iPads and other work.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

If anything I wish it were longer. I spend a lot of time driving so I generally end up listening to the new one and older one every week.

Liquidsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Liquidsolidus

I usually listen to the bombcast while playing games, and my gaming sessions can go for a good while at times, so the longer the better really, it's given me a lot of memories of gaming that I pair with certain bombcasts, like during the E3 2011's, I was playing alot of Okami and Infamous, and so I sorta think of those bombcasts when I think of those games. I'm sorta getting off of the question though, I say that the pause button should be the perfect feature for people who think it's too long, as itunes will save where they are, so they don't need to listen all at once.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#96  Edited By nightriff

Out of the two answers no, but yes it is long but I take what I can get and would NEVER tell them to shorten it

monsterelite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By monsterelite

It's fuckin great, longer would be even fuckin greater!

PompousDawson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By PompousDawson

Why wasn't there a 'C' option for seeing XL Special Edition bombcasts running 4 hours. Sign me up for that.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Bell_End

no.

i realised awhile back that i don't have to listen to it in one sitting. what i can do is listern to a bit of it on my way to work, stop the podcast and then resume it on my way home. i can repeat this process as many times as i like untill the podcast is over.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Bell_End

also if you are listening on a ipod/iphone you can play the podcast back at 1.5x the speed. they do sound a little spend up but it means you can listen to the same content only in a shorter format.

you can go to 2.0x the speed but it just sound to silly.