• 99 results
#1 Posted by super2j (1700 posts) -

#2 Posted by super2j (1700 posts) -

Personally, i love the length of the cast, its perfect for my life as i spend a lot of time on the bus. I really cant get enough of the stuff, it makes bus rides legitimately enjoyable/ this also applies for when i walk, bike or drive. If you are saying that the cast is too long, why not just skip thru parts u don't care for? We have a lot of savvy people, why not have someone edit it to be shorter for that crowd? I mean if they shortened the cast bc of the people who are saying its too long... that would break my heart.

(Jeff, don't listen to those who say its too long!)

#3 Posted by The_Nubster (2152 posts) -

Absolutely not. Their off-topic ramblings are some of the funniest things of the week. Anyone who wants it cut down needs to realize that there's a pause button for a reason. Doesn't hurt anyone to get a long-ass Bombcast.

#4 Posted by Jolt92 (1552 posts) -

If you want it any other way just listen to some other podcast.

#5 Posted by 49th (2758 posts) -

It's not too long. If you don't have time pause it and come back to it later. That's what I do. It could be 6 hours long and I wouldn't mind since I can listen to it on different days.

#6 Posted by Milkman (16810 posts) -

You say this like anyone is complaining about the length of the Bombcast.

#7 Posted by buft (3318 posts) -

@49th said:

It's not too long. If you don't have time pause it and come back to it later. That's what I do. It could be 6 hours long and I wouldn't mind since I can listen to it on different days.

this is what i do

#8 Posted by Simulacrum (462 posts) -

It needs to be even longer.

#9 Posted by mosespippy (4189 posts) -

It would be great if they could talk about video games less and keep the podcast length the same.

#10 Posted by CaLe (3988 posts) -

Life is too long.

#11 Posted by Zuldim (288 posts) -

No! I love the fact that it's so long! The longer the better!

#12 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5011 posts) -
#13 Posted by 49th (2758 posts) -

@buft said:

@49th said:

this is what i do

High five

#14 Posted by Hells (69 posts) -
#15 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

@49th said:

@buft said:

@49th said:

this is what i do

High five

Yeah, same here. I don't see the problem with pausing.

#16 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

You tell 'em, Emmerson Cod.

#17 Posted by Fallen189 (5010 posts) -

I havent finished a bomcast in about 6 months because I always fall asleep when I listen

#18 Posted by joshm83 (11 posts) -

@Zuldim said:

That's what she said.

#19 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11061 posts) -

Can't get enough! CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

#20 Posted by stalefishies (332 posts) -

The bombcast is too fucking long, and it's been too long for too fucking long.

There, I said it.

#21 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

NO WAY!

I love the 4hr+ E3 podcasts.

#22 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3873 posts) -

That's crazy talk. I'd be happy if it were longer.

#23 Posted by Dixavd (1358 posts) -

I chose the second option not due to the entire bombcase being too long but because I find that quite often to stay on the same topic or dawdle on the same points for a little too long so certain moments can feel a little tedious (these are the moments that I end up telling myself "wow, there is a lot more to go from this bombcast" which otherwise doesn't bother me).

#24 Posted by Irvandus (2880 posts) -

Nope. You guys just need to find a better listening style, personally I tackle it at half hours at a time and it lasts most of the week.

#25 Posted by wrecks (2260 posts) -

If its too long, you're too old... or no. If it's too long, you're too short. Yeah, that.

#26 Posted by The_Nubster (2152 posts) -

@wrecks said:

If its too long, you're too old... or no. If it's too long, you're too short. Yeah, that.

sick burnnnnn

#27 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

No. Who said that it was?

#28 Edited by MattyFTM (14386 posts) -

Personally I'd listen to and love a 10 hour bombcast. Or even longer. BUT that doesn't mean that it's not too long. We are in the minority. People who frequent the forums and vote in polls on this sort of poll are the super enthusiastic fans of the site and the bombcast. We aren't the average listener. And we certainly aren't the random internet users who may stumble across the podcast on iTunes. I know if I was looking for a podcast to listen to and I was browsing iTunes or whatever, I'd not even consider a 3+ hour podcast. I'd dismiss it as too long.

That's not to say they have to cater to random iTunes users, but having a podcast catering entirely to the most "hardcore" listeners and ignoring everyone else isn't a way to run a podcast either. There has to be a balance. A happy medium. The 2-2.5 hour mark is probably that sweet spot from this point of view.

#29 Posted by Pkshields (810 posts) -

It's a long podcast, but I love it. I dunno how fast other people go through podcasts, but it pretty much lasts me every Wednesday and it's fantastic.

#30 Posted by Modedude (36 posts) -

Using something like an ipod is good, because I can pause it and come back to it whenever I want, so I'll be listening to it in small chunks sometimes.

#31 Posted by super2j (1700 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@JasonR86 said:

On the podcast, after the email about how many total hours they recorded on the cast. Jeff said something along the lines of, and im paraphrasing, "The podcast is long, we know guys"

It sounded like he meant that as a bad thing and that there were people complaining, and in my mind Jeff would not even acknowledge them unless they made up a large number of people. Maybe i was reading too much into it?

#32 Edited by Sin4profit (2935 posts) -

i tend to do other things while listening to the Bombcasts so i'll listen to it 3 or 4 times before i get everything out of it.

[edit] ...and by that i mean it's great for gauging my time when doing things and for long drives so i'm pro 3+ hours.

#33 Posted by SplitsOff (4 posts) -

The bombcast is the perfect length. I seriously look forward to this all week, and it makes my daily commute tolerable. Please, don't shorten it.

#34 Edited by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

Nope, 3+ hours is perfect.

@SplitsOff said:

The bombcast is the perfect length. I seriously look forward to this all week, and it makes my daily commute tolerable. Please, don't shorten it.

Yep, I do the same.

#35 Posted by wewantsthering (1568 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

You tell 'em, Emmerson Cod.

Man, I miss that show! :-)

#36 Posted by Yummylee (21691 posts) -

@super2j said:

@Milkman said:

@JasonR86 said:

On the podcast, after the email about how many total hours they recorded on the cast. Jeff said something along the lines of, and im paraphrasing, "The podcast is long, we know guys"

It sounded like he meant that as a bad thing and that there were people complaining, and in my mind Jeff would not even acknowledge them unless they made up a large number of people. Maybe i was reading too much into it?

I remember that too and it gave me the same impression. Which is weird because, as evidenced by the posts in this thread, people like that the bombcast is as long as it is.

#37 Posted by super2j (1700 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@super2j said:

@Milkman said:

@JasonR86 said:

I remember that too and it gave me the same impression. Which is weird because, as evidenced by the posts in this thread, people like that the bombcast is as long as it is.

Well, i think @MattyFTM has a decent explanation of who would want it shorter. I do contend that if an itunes user dismisses the podcast based on its length, they also would not post a review.

#38 Posted by Hunter5024 (5691 posts) -

NOOOO. I listen to the Bombcast at work, and whenever its over I get depressed because that means all I have left is This American Life or some shitty music I've heard one thousand times. Instead how about they post a 24 hour long podcast every day.

#39 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

Wah there is not enough content. Wah there is too much content. You can't please everyone but I love the longer bombcasts off topic or not.

#40 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -

Where's the "not enough time in the day" option?

#41 Posted by Lava (668 posts) -

NO. It is fantastic. I always want more. They have such great chemistry for random off-topic conversations and it provides awesome entertainment.

#42 Posted by Hailinel (24867 posts) -

I honestly can't

#43 Posted by Hailinel (24867 posts) -

GOD DAMN THIS MOBILE SITE INTERFACE.

I honestly can't recall the last time I listened to the whole Bombcast. I don't like listening to it in chunks and have too much else to do to spend time listening to the staff for three plus hours a week.

#44 Posted by Carlos1408 (1509 posts) -

I cannot get enough. :D

#45 Posted by spiceninja (3062 posts) -

I love how long it is and I'd love it to be longer. I even listen to it multiple times a week. I can't get enough.

#46 Posted by Bandit_Fox (143 posts) -

If you have time to play video games, you have time to listen to the whole Bombcast.

#47 Posted by flippyandnod (387 posts) -

Yes,it is most definitely too long right now. They are just babbling about nothing. I understand it's been a slow time for games. Great, so make the bombcast shorter during those times and then expand it again when the flood of games returns.

You'll be glad in the long run anyway, because right now they are starting to repeat themselves in their diversions anyway. So not using up material will leave them more for next time.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm thinking of dropping the Bombcast from my podcast rotation.

I'm not saying I don't like banter. I like it. But when there is less content, don't feel the need to fluff up the banter to fill up the time.

More isn't always better.

#48 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

fuck are you listening to it for if you think it's too long?

#49 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

Wah there is not enough content. Wah there is too much content. You can't please everyone but I love the longer bombcasts off topic or not.

Pretty much this.

#50 Posted by bilbomarks (69 posts) -

YEEEEEEHHHHHH

@Zuldim said: