#1 Posted by Embryonic (145 posts) -

ever been away simultaneously for a bombcast? I'm curious to hear what it would be like if hosted by one of the other three.

#2 Posted by Casey25 (141 posts) -

EMAIL ONLY PODCAST

#3 Edited by Ben_H (3444 posts) -

I honestly don't think so from what I remember. There is a small period in 2011 that I haven't listened to but I from what I remember, they have never both been away.

#4 Posted by ajamafalous (12165 posts) -

Vinny hosted the HotSpot for a while.

#5 Edited by EuanDewar (5104 posts) -

i swear down that there is a brad/vinny/patrick/drew or some combination of those people podcast somewhere in the archives

#6 Posted by Nightriff (5367 posts) -

I don't believe so....I think either of them host every episode

#7 Posted by davo (141 posts) -

It shall never come to this.

#8 Edited by AlexW00d (6449 posts) -

Vinny should host them. The TNT when Vinny and Verlyn hosted was the best.

#9 Posted by dungbootle (2428 posts) -

Cosmically impossible.

#10 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3791 posts) -

You know damn well you wanted me to complete that sentence to: fucked.

This is not that, and I don't think your scenario has ever happened, either.

#11 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07 said:

You know damn well you wanted me to complete that sentence to: fucked.

I'm sure there's some Giant Bomb slash fiction out there somewhere that could suit your purposes.

EDIT: Who am I kidding? More like "everybody's" purposes.

#12 Edited by McGhee (6075 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that I have heard Vinny host one going back a couple of years.

#13 Edited by Soapy86 (2623 posts) -
@mcghee said:

I think I remember this as well.

Also, was there ever an episode where everyone was out except Jeff and he did it by himself? Am I making that up?

#14 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1258 posts) -

I think the Mass Effect 3 one with Casey Hudson was Vinny hosting, Brad was on it too, but I am not sure if Ryan or Jeff was on it.

#15 Edited by Pr1mus (3952 posts) -

Without Jeff and Ryan a Vinny/Drew/Dave podcast is a recipe for awesomeness.

#16 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

I like when people use ellipses in titles. And when I say like, I mean dislike.

Stop being needlessly unclear.

#17 Posted by Subjugation (4743 posts) -

@mcghee said:

I think I remember this too. Or maybe we're both crazy.

#18 Posted by RedCricketChase (446 posts) -

During their honeymoon they were both away, but it was over a weekend, so no podcast effect.

#19 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

Remember that week late last year when Vinny ran Giant Bomb? It produced the Euro Truck QL and the Sleepy Dogs DLC QL. Also most of the computers at the office wound up with a virus on them. I could imagine similar results if he took to hosting a bombcast.

#20 Edited by Embryonic (145 posts) -

Thanks for the helpful responses, gentlemen.

@jjweatherman: Apologies, personal pet peeve. Long thread titles just look unseemly to me.

#21 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

Thanks for the helpful responses, gentlemen.

@jjweatherman: Apologies, personal pet peeve. Long thread titles just look unseemly to me.

No worries, I was just ranting about something that really doesn't matter. 'Tis my wont, it would seem.

#22 Edited by NorseDudeTR (429 posts) -

@poppduder: Yeah, that was a full on awesome week.

#23 Posted by MattyFTM (14433 posts) -

I don't believe so. There was one a long ass time ago where Jeff was the only regular bombcaster not out of the office. Alex (before he became a Screened or Giant Bomb staff member) was in town, so he was on it. And Dave was on too. So Jeff, Alex and Dave. It was a pretty awesome podcast. If I remember correctly I think it was the first time they properly discussed the formation of Giant Bomb and how easily it could have been videogamemountain.com or snakesnakesnake.com.

Vinny did used to host the Hotspot for a good while, though. He was a pretty awesome host. I'd like to see him get the chance to host the Bombcast sooner or later.

#24 Edited by Snail (8662 posts) -
@mattyftm said:

I don't believe so. There was one a long ass time ago where Jeff was the only regular bombcaster not out of the office. Alex (before he became a Screened or Giant Bomb staff member) was in town, so he was on it. And Dave was on too. So Jeff, Alex and Dave. It was a pretty awesome podcast. If I remember correctly I think it was the first time they properly discussed the formation of Giant Bomb and how easily it could have been videogamemountain.com or snakesnakesnake.com.

Vinny did used to host the Hotspot for a good while, though. He was a pretty awesome host. I'd like to see him get the chance to host the Bombcast sooner or later.

Please tell me you know the date of that Bombcast.

#25 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2432 posts) -

@snail: www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-11-25-2008/1600-53/