NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NickL

so a couple weeks ago jeff talked about high school musical on the bombcast

today i am pretty sure i flipped to it at the exact moment he did, they were dancing in a junk yard then they crawl under a truck and are kids then they roll on top of tires.... wtf is wrong with that movie?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I don't even want to see it.  Sounds like a wanna be Grease.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By gingertastic_10

ahhh i hate high school musical crap.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NickL
@JJOR64 said:
" I don't even want to see it.  Sounds like a wanna be Grease. "
i suggest not seeing it, i just watched the junk yard scene and now i feel dirty for seeing it
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By teptom

I watched the first two movies....still have nightmares.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine
@JJOR64 said:
That's really what it is, a really corny version of Grease.
thefreshmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By thefreshmaker
@Wolverine said:
" @JJOR64 said:
"
And THAT is saying something.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bubahula

never ever ever under any circumstances should anybody ever anywhere at any time ....ever!  should that movie be watched

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wolverine
@TheFreshmaker said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @JJOR64 said:
"
And THAT is saying something. "
Haha, yeah Grease is a pretty corny movie but hey at least it is kind of respectable. They perform it at schools, the day High School Musical is performed at schools will be a very sad day.
NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolverine
@Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @TheFreshmaker said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @JJOR64 said:
"
Haha, yeah Grease is a pretty corny movie but hey at least it is kind of respectable. They perform it at schools, the day High School Musical is performed at schools will be a very sad day.
"
They do that.
"
Yeah, a high school near my town just performed it and a girl I know was in it.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#12  Edited By ArbitraryWater

High School Musical is meant to appeal to preteen girls (as well as soccer moms). I have only seen brief clips of the movies, but those were enough to convince me that I would never see the whole thing.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NickL

*i do not endorse the viewing of the scene i linked above and will not be responsible for any side affects that may occur*

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolverine
@Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine: My school will be performing it next year I think.  "
Grease or High School Musical?
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolverine
@Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
"
High School Musical. They did Grease this year.
"
Wow, your school's drama department has a lot of money then. It costs a ton to get the rights to perform a currently popular play like High School Musical.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By gingertastic_10
@NickL: Yeah, i totally do that in junk yards. Often on weekends.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolverine
@Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
"
High School Musical. They did Grease this year.
"
Wow, your school's drama department has a lot of money then. It costs a ton to get the rights to perform a currently popular play like High School Musical.
"
Yeah, the drama department is big at my school. But now that you say that, I'm not quite sure if they will. Money's tight around there and they are already doing major building changes. The department may settle with something else.
"
Is your school public or private?
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolverine
@Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine: A very strange public school. "
Your pretty lucky then. My drama department isn't broke but it isn't well off either. I act in the dramas at my school and they expect us to bring in food and drinks for them to sell and have our parents sell tickets. We give them three hours of our time every night for a month the way it is.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolverine
@Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
Your pretty lucky then. My drama department isn't broke but it isn't well off either. I act in the dramas at my school and they expect us to bring in food and drinks for them to sell and have our parents sell tickets. We give them three hours of our time every night for a month the way it is.
"
Tha's why I say my school's strange. I always hear about art and drama departments getting funds depleted at other schools, but ours stays constant for the most part. The only thing that needs help is the improv shows they do. They usually do bake sales to help pay for costs. I don't exactly know how that will be now with all  the add-ons they're doing to the place. That's supposed to cost a crap load.
"
Wow! They do improv shows, that is pretty awesome! I love doing improv in my drama class and I wished we had improv shows. Every year we have one drama, one musical, and one showcase. I just do the drama.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wolverine
@Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
"
Tha's why I say my school's strange. I always hear about art and drama departments getting funds depleted at other schools, but ours stays constant for the most part. The only thing that needs help is the improv shows they do. They usually do bake sales to help pay for costs. I don't exactly know how that will be now with all  the add-ons they're doing to the place. That's supposed to cost a crap load.
"
Wow! They do improv shows, that is pretty awesome! I love doing improv in my drama class and I wished we had improv shows. Every year we have one drama, one musical, and one showcase. I just do the drama.
"
Yep, they do a few shows every so often. I went to a couple. They were good.  I was always interested in drama, but never did anything.
"
Yeah I used to be the same way until a few years ago I decided to try out for the school play and I got a really small part. Since then I have been getting pretty important roles :)
ponyslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By ponyslayer
@NickL: i am legitimately anger after watching that, how did that grow into a cultural phenomenon? also did they actually attack a car with lead pipes?!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still bet it's better than Transformers 2.
At least HSM doesn't appeal to the lowest common denominator of HOT CHICKS, EXPLOSIONS, HIP MTV SLANG AND LINKIN PARK!

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wolverine
@Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
"
"
"
Yep, they do a few shows every so often. I went to a couple. They were good.  I was always interested in drama, but never did anything.
"
Yeah I used to be the same way until a few years ago I decided to try out for the school play and I got a really small part. Since then I have been getting pretty important roles :)
"
I'm probably going to be a bit more ambitious since it's my senior year. I'm still kicking myself over not trying out for something in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
"
Yeah I'm also going to be a senior. You might as well try out. You could probably get a small part. It is a pretty good experience and you meet a ton of girls :)
Quesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By Quesa
@Wolverine said:
"@Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
"
"
"
"
"
I'm probably going to be a bit more ambitious since it's my senior year. I'm still kicking myself over not trying out for something in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
"
Yeah I'm also going to be a senior. You might as well try out. You could probably get a small part. It is a pretty good experience and you meet a ton of girls :)
"

Except most of them are stuck up or crazy. Just speaking from personal experience.
Also, quote pyramid is growing.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolverine
@Paperlink said:
" @Wolverine said:
"@Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @Shini4444 said:
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
Except most of them are stuck up or crazy. Just speaking from personal experience.Also, quote pyramid is growing. "
I guess some can be stuck up but a lot of the girls that act are cute and just nice in general.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By trophyhunter

it's sure no s club 7
cookies to anyone that even know what that is

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

There's a show on MTV called "True Life" it used to have Serena Altschul watching people take drugs in public bathrooms and stuff like that.  The last time I turned on MTV and saw True Life it showed High School Musical being performed by campers at a fat camp.  That's all I've ever seen of High School Musical.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kohe321

I can proudly say I've never watched any of the High School Musical movies. I intend to keep it so...

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HandsomeDead

That scene is great.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Tiwi
@TeflonBilly: dude 5 robots? NO 6!  that was soo fucked up, how can they screw that up??
Quesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#31  Edited By Quesa
@trophyhunter said:
"it's sure no s club 7 cookies to anyone that even know what that is "

There was, somewhere in my head, a memory of that show. It was locked, hidden, because it was not meant to be found.

You have changed that.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By trophyhunter
@Paperlink said:
" @trophyhunter said:
"it's sure no s club 7 cookies to anyone that even know what that is "
There was, somewhere in my head, a memory of that show. It was locked, hidden, because it was not meant to be found.You have changed that. "
some parts of that show were quite funny
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Fallen189

It makes up revenue that other films don't. If you havent seen it, you have no right  to moan.

Grease rocks.

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vitefish
@Kohe321 said:
" I can proudly say I've never watched any of the High School Musical movies. I intend to keep it so... "
I can not-so-proudly say that I have managed to sit through all 3 of them. I consider it the ultimate test of endurance.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wolverine
@Strongba1 said:
" @Kohe321 said:
" I can proudly say I've never watched any of the High School Musical movies. I intend to keep it so... "
I can not-so-proudly say that I have managed to sit through all 3 of them. I consider it the ultimate test of endurance. "
I saw the first one because my parents went out with there friends and they had me baby sit their friend's daughter. It was horrifying!
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@Wolverine said:
" @TheFreshmaker said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @JJOR64 said:
"
"
There is a Stage Version. That is performed at High Schools. It is called High School Musical: The Musical.
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bubahula said:
" never ever ever under any circumstances should anybody ever anywhere at any time ....ever!  should that movie be watched "
I tried to approach it with a, for teh lulz kinda attitude, it failed miserably. 
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wolverine
@JeffGoldblum said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @TheFreshmaker said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @JJOR64 said:
"
"
There is a Stage Version. That is performed at High Schools. It is called High School Musical: The Musical. "
That is a very creative name.
NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NickL

oh wow why is this topic still alive?

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vitefish

'Cause you bumped it.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@Wolverine said:
" @JeffGoldblum said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @TheFreshmaker said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @JJOR64 said:
"
"
There is a Stage Version. That is performed at High Schools. It is called High School Musical: The Musical. "
"
Yeah so if a school called Central High School did this play it would be called:
Central High School Presents: High School Musical The Musical
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wolverine
@JeffGoldblum said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @JeffGoldblum said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @TheFreshmaker said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @JJOR64 said:
"
"
"
Yeah so if a school called Central High School did this play it would be called:Central High School Presents: High School Musical The Musical "
Isn't Central High School the school in Arkansas that Little Rock Nine occurred? (I love history lol)
NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NickL
@Strongba1 said:
" 'Cause you bumped it. "
the guy before me responded 6 minutes before i did, i said that cause i thought this topic was done with a long long time ago
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I have never understood the cultural obsession with High School Musical and frankly I think it's just a load of absolute crap the Disney corporation are attempting to squeeze for every last penny they can get.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#45  Edited By dietmango

I saw the first movie. It was the biggest mistake of my life.

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By CountRockula

I find that watching High School Musical can actually be quite an enjoyable experience, provided you do so with friends for the sake of comedy.

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By KillaMaStA

I saw bits of the first one when it was accidentaly on TV and thought it was quite terrible.

When I saw that they were making another one I wondered how much more awful can they make the sequel and saw it. I had to  turn off the TV becauseI couldnt watch any more of it.

Im not going to risk it again so Im staying the fuck away from this one.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PowerSerj

It goes down alright with alcohol.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers