CrimsonJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By CrimsonJester

Hello all: 

What is the best way to share one gold account between two boxes?  I have one downstairs used for Netflix and some gaming if in the mood.  And one upstairs that is hooked to the Gaming computer.  I hate to recover my gamertag each time, Is putting profile on a memory card, moving hard drive, and recovering gamertag the only options?  Am I missing a much easier method?  

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

Switching hard drives or using a memory card are the easiest ways without getting in trouble with Microsoft.  I recall one person writing into the Bombcast saying that they got their achievement points reset or something because he had the same account on two 360s.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By keyhunter

Yeah don't fuck around with multiple XBOX's. Just go about moving your hard drive

Monoxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Monoxide

My room mates and I switch between each others systems all the time. We've never had a problem recovering gamertags.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a512bb9699
deactivated-5b4a512bb9699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@Br3adfan said:
" Switching hard drives or using a memory card are the easiest ways without getting in trouble with Microsoft.  I recall one person writing into the Bombcast saying that they got their achievement points reset or something because he had the same account on two 360s. "
Actually he got reset for gamesaving a couple of games, there's absolutely no harm in switching a hard drive or memory unit that has your profile on between consoles since it actually is perfectly acceptable under MS's rules to do so
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

Just move the HD between consoles.

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Brad

Get a memory unit and keep your profile on that, and move it between consoles. That's what we all do here (except Jeff, who brings his hard drive back and forth, because he crazy). I saw the 512mb memory unit with Worms XBLA included at Best Buy for $29.99 last week.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Babble

Yeah, memory cards would probably be the easiest. Though if you don't want to buy one the hard drive will do fine.

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Brad

Yeah, that totally works as well. I should have clarified, the memory unit is more ideal if each Xbox you're using already has a hard drive attached to it. If you only have one drive, you can just move that around.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Psynapse

I use a memory card, so when i go to a mates place or whatever i can just take it with me.
SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11  Edited By SgtReznor

yeah, the memory card thing. Or if you're way too lazy, just make sure that you're never online with your account on both xboxs at the same time and you should be fine