Trans/Post/Metahumanism - what would you have augmented?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I've three very specific augmentations in mind for myself.

• To add photosynthesis to my organism, as well as imperviousness to weather conditions, turning me into a fully autarchic greenskin survivalist living on sunlight and air moisture - in the flippin' nude. Talk about moring wood. Organic augmentation achieved with gene-therapy/splicing.
  • Transfer my mind into a songbird-sized angelic shaped mechanical body (human with wings). Capable of unlimited personal flight. Powered by a nuclear battery/revolutionary miniature nuclear reactor. Full-blown conversion from organic to pure cybernetic/robotic being.
  • Realistically, I'd be happy with a new set of legs (or at least knees) - mine are kinda busted, because of a sports injury in my late teens - that'd be real swell.

What about you guys?

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Example1013

It'd be nice to be able to sit still for 5 minutes.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I'd like nanobots that would erase memory's safely, Watch a good movie, forget, repeat.

Also anything that makes me look like Raiden.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

dontsaypenisdontsaypenisdontsaypenisdontsaypenis

...I got nothing

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The future of transhumanism is genetic rather than cybernetic. It's not about putting microchips in your body, it's about writing custom genes. Cracking the coding language of organic life. You want to live forever, wait until we can create genes that don't shorten as they copy themselves. Want blue hair? Wait til we can print genes that inform the body to naturally produce blue pheomelanin. Rather than just affixing metal to your spine, genes designed with the instructions to create bones as dense as steel. More efficient hemoglobin. Eyes as advanced as the osprey.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I want titanium bones, reinforced spine, cybernetic vital organs, improved eyes, wings, and a robotic left leg...

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ares42

I'd probably go the Shadowrun route and do something systemic like augmenting the nervous system or other glandular augments for enhanced bodily functions.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spine, shoulders, elbows and knees.

I'd like to be a contortionist without the effort.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By psylah

Dope-ass wings

Bitchin robot arms and legs

I'd keep my torso and head, but I want a fresh Geordi LaForge visor.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Gimme what Raiden has in Metal Gear Solid Rising. Specifically THAT and not his Metal Gear Solid 4 version. Having to use dialysis on your blood every few days or whatever would be awful but the cyborg body he is using in Rising seems to be self sustaining on its own.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By datarez

I would pretty much take it all but this shit is going to be so expensive. Plus the maintenance costs.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Capum15

At least one cybernetic eye. Both would be cool. Well, if you were able to turn off any HUD elements at will.

Increased memory capacity / better memory would be nice too.

And then of course just upgrades to various organs. Heart, lungs, etc. Just overall better. But the eye and memory thing would be awesome.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brain mods, ASAP.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

I'd be happy with augmenting my penis off at this point

NyxFe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By NyxFe

I would take want a Ghost In The Shell style synthetic body a la Major Kusanagi.

I would take pretty much any cybernetic enhancement bar some sort of horrendous security or health risks. Bring on the cyberpunk dystopia/

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ravenlight

I'd like to defeat entropy and live forever.

The future of transhumanism is genetic rather than cybernetic. It's not about putting microchips in your body, it's about writing custom genes. Cracking the coding language of organic life. You want to live forever, wait until we can create genes that don't shorten as they copy themselves. Want blue hair? Wait til we can print genes that inform the body to naturally produce blue pheomelanin. Rather than just affixing metal to your spine, genes designed with the instructions to create bones as dense as steel. More efficient hemoglobin. Eyes as advanced as the osprey.

Transhumanism is amazing. Every new articleI read about it explodes my mind a little more than last time. Got my fingers crossed that modifying humans for the better will gain mainstream appeal sometime during my lifetime.

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it is an awesome concept. I would grow some horns and have some cool color shifting tattoos. I already have superpowers so I don't need much more than aesthetic upgrades. Other than that the technology is super scary. No neural implants for me. I don't want ads in my brain.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Let me genetically engineer eyeballs that aren't fucked, please. Yay for double astigmatisms and being shortsighted. At least I don't have colorblindness on top of that, I guess.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@techhits said:

dontsaypenisdontsaypenisdontsaypenisdontsaypenis

Oh man you have no idea. Fucking Swiss Army knife of sex toys down there, I'd be all over that shit.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robot Arm, nothing special.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos said:

Gimme what Raiden has in Metal Gear Solid Rising. Specifically THAT and not his Metal Gear Solid 4 version. Having to use dialysis on your blood every few days or whatever would be awful but the cyborg body he is using in Rising seems to be self sustaining on its own.

Yep, Raiden looks super cool. Although I would like to have a dick, augmented or normal, doesn't matter just let me have something.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Justin258

The only way I would do this is if I were guaranteed to not have my computer bits connected to the internet. Partly because of ads, but also because I don't want some asshole making a robotic arm virus that forces you to do things that you don't want to.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be happy with just having a cyberbrain that I could move from prosthetic host body to prosthetic host body like in Ghost in the Shell. To no longer be locked in the body I was born with and to have the freedom to express myself physically in a way of my choosing is the ideal form of posthumanism for me. If I'm not happy with it, I can just change it again, with enough money. Keep the spares around to cycle through like my favorite outfits.

New eyeballs would be great, so I can see. New arms that don't have tendonitis. A lower back that isn't completely fucked from years of horrible posture.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Head, shoulders, knees, and toes

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything. I won't be satisfied until science can digitize my consciousnesses and upload it directly into the internet, and have the ability to stream it out to a robot avatar when I need to interact with the physical world.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How 'bout the power to kill a yak from two hundred yards away… with mind bullets?

But seriously, Ray Kurzweil is an asshole.

I would choose death over transhumanism.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How 'bout the power to kill a yak from two hundred yards away… with mind bullets?

But seriously, Ray Kurzweil is an asshole.

I would choose death over transhumanism.

As if you'll have a choice. You'll die in the first wave of The Great Cyborg Rebellions.

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By DizzyMedal

I want to be able to eat incredibly unhealthy food, all day every day if I wish, and still be of average weight and in good health. So cyberstomach? Or something? I guess cyberpancreas as well, just to be safe.

Basically I just want a way to to eat all the really enjoyable foods until the end of time, without having to constantly think about diabetes or heart attacks or whatever. And hopefully a way so I don't have to exercise too.

I never want to see lettuce again.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like improve knees also (mb some sick ligaments), I'll take some sort of eye surgery to fix my vision + night vision + HUD. That's about it, mb some secret knives ala wolverine.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Maybe robot eyes so I don't need glasses and I guess I could have a HUD thing or something.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By McGhee

All I would really want is immortality. If that meant transferring my mind into a full android at some point, then I'd go for that. Right now just being in a normal, healthy body is fine. Although I wish it was a little easier to cut weight. Need to lose another thirty lbs and it's killing me.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Hunter5024

Cyber teeth.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Replace my legs with tank treads.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My stomach, because disease yo.

After that, probably cyber eyes with a HUD. It'd be all Watch Dogs up in hurr.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dungbootle

Without boring everyone, I was born with a really shitty body and the fact that I am extremely handsome doesn't make up for it enough so I'd replace a lot. Also retractable spider-legs coming out of my back just for funsies.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By inkerman

Metal skeleton and synthetic organs, cybernetically enhanced brain, pretty much the works, but I wouldn't want any of it to show externally. Changing the colour of my eyes at will would be cool though.

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd only augment parts of my body that were failing. I'd leave anything still healthy alone.

From the looks of things, though, that'll probably mean I'll be completely robotic at some point.