What kind of podcast would you personally like to hear?

• 109 results
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Hey guys, I just got done listening to this week's Bombcast and I'm excited for the music podcast Jeff mentioned coming next year. It's a good idea.

Me personally, I would love a podcast with Vinny, Jason, and Austin talking about Hanime. :D

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

A books podcast (they did a couple of book club ones)

Get the Alex + Rorie film podcast cranking regularly (I used to like listening to Screened's podcast)

A board game podcast (Austin, come on)

Danswers to come back regularly again.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Danny to force others into a football podcast. Were he talks about it seriously, and they just say dumbshit.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bane122

I'd love to see book club become regular, once a month or so. One of the guys mentioned Congo and I love that idea as, like Sphere, there's a bad movie to go along with the book.

I loved Danswers but think it just ran its course and there's not much to talk about now. Seems like they were getting the same questions a lot. Would love to be wrong, though

A board game one could be neat but Austin seems the only one really into them and I wouldn't care to listen to non-GB people talk about them.

Perhaps my favorite would be a Giant Dadcast. Vinnie and Jason with guests Will Smith, Dave snider, and Jeff Green pick up the torch from Tested's dadcasts.

DrunkleFrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Stories from the Jammed Desk Drawer of a Journalist" segment where they each tell stories from their past both on and off the clock. I intentionally left out "Games" on there because throughout the times they have reported on multiple mediums.

"Deep Dive" segment where the bombers come prepared to dive into one subject through an extended period with multiple opinions on the matter.

"Shit's Weird" segment similar to Danswers where the listeners send in weird factoids about the world around us. Or, fuck it I'll just send those in to Dan and wait six months for a response.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a music podcast every two months or so could maybe be cool.

Jeff and Austin talk about hip hop, Alex talks about metal, Vinny and Brad talks about dad/butt-rock, Jason talks about K-pop, Rorie talks about whatever indie garbo he likes. And if Dan actually starts liking good music maybe he can make an appearance too.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Seikenfreak

Movie podcast.

I somewhat enjoyed the previous few they did. I'll give some honest feedback.. I think perhaps someone other than Rorie should be the lead host of it? Also more regular schedule of course. I'd be happy with once a month maybe? Every two weeks if they were really into it?

Not expecting just new movies but anything. Basically like the bomb/beastcast equivalent but with movies. A few people on it. Rotating 4th seat perhaps. I'd like a Sunday/Monday posting time.. Most of my podcasts roll out in the middle of the week it seems so I'm overrun with stuff but then on Monday when I need it for my 3 hour tire pick-up run to Delaware and back I tend to not have something unless its leftover. And also don't have something for Tuesday because Bombcast goes up at afternoon/night for me.

I guess the problem is a lot of them don't have the free time to watch movies these days.

Iunno.

Oh yea and I always liked the Dadcast things Will Smith would do.. but those like never happen. And it happens so infrequently and not with a set crew that they'll have a fresh parent and end up going over all the "Dos and Donts" of parenting etc. Even that still ends up being funny. I just love hearing Vinny talk about his parenting adventures.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Parent cast (wouldn't mind getting Jason's & Vinny's wife's on the show)

- Book club

spitz1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Football or more frequent danswers with different cast(can't really call it Danswers anymore though) would be awesome.

DookieRope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want an entire podcast devoted to Jeff's cat. What's the cat like? Is it soft? How's its temperament? Does it get high off catnip? What's its name? You know basic stuff.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

9 hour Taco Cast let's do this.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beforet: 5 hours of that is just soft music playing while they take a nap.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By csl316

A Cross-Cast, where guys from both offices participate. I liked Patrick and Alex doing their morning show, and having guys from both coasts chat can lead to some new perspectives.

@seikenfreak said:

Movie podcast.

I somewhat enjoyed the previous few they did. I'll give some honest feedback.. I think perhaps someone other than Rorie should be the lead host of it? Also more regular schedule of course. I'd be happy with once a month maybe? Every two weeks if they were really into it?

It was basically a continuation of the Alex/Rorie Screened podcast, so that's why Rorie came back. To each their own, but I loved their dynamic and Rorie as the host.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hatking

Haven't listened to the podcast yet, so I don't know the details.

The crew are really informative hosts for video game podcasts, but most of the time they get into other mediums I sort of feel like they don't have as much to say. Movie podcasts are a dime a dozen, and most of that dozen are very informed people who've spent their lives learning how to articulate their thoughts on movies. Half the information the crew spits about movies is wrong, the other half is stuff I overhear walking out of the theater. I don't mean disrespect, but just the same I wouldn't go to a dentist for car advice.

Jeff, Austin, and Dan all seem pretty well informed on the genres of music they listen to, so I'd at least be willing to give that a shot.

All that said, there are other people out there making podcasts. I don't need Giant Bomb to be the only place making podcasts I listen to. More than two a week is plenty for me, unless they're bringing new personalities on.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Music podcast, eh? Hmm...it might be good?

I didn't think most of the staff (except for Alex and maybe Austin) were that into music to justify a podcast. I know Jeff likes stuff more than rap, but I don't know. I guess I have to hear the pitch on the Bombcast. I listen to music podcasts, but it's from industry critics who know more about the industry and music than the typical fan.

I would like the movie podcast to come back, but I understand Matt is pretty swamped. Also, going to the theater is over-rated.

Book club was a great idea, but I'm not reading Sphere, heh.

I wouldn't mind more spoilercasts, even if it's just 2-3 people. Brad seems like he wants to talk about games more in-depth, but (rightfully) can't on the Bombcast. Or a Retronauts-style cast with Jeff and guests.

I think the Power Bombcast needs to only happen during major PPVs. As someone who has started to watch PPVs since WM31, the only PPV worth watching was WM31. I tried. Jeff's right. Wrestling does kind of suck, still.

@bane122 said:

I loved Danswers but think it just ran its course and there's not much to talk about now. Seems like they were getting the same questions a lot. Would love to be wrong, though

I think you're right.

I would have it on the background now. I understand they try to switch it up and I appreciate episodes with guests like Samantha Kalman, but I think the fact that they aren't "experts," they tread the same ground over and over.

They go on several tangents, a lot of times assuming things that aren't there. The weird self-congratulatory conversations about how Danny and Dan aren't like "those other guys." (I think they eventually became self-aware of that last one, so there's hope).

Sorry, not to hate, but I could go with Danswers once a month. They just need a consistent schedule. Have a "different interests" podcast once a week.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Wouldn't mind a community based podcast, discussing the best of the stuff on the forums and blogs.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime and manga would be nice, especially when it is not their forte.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Three hours worth of Jeff talking shit about Shenmue. If not that, then more in-depth discussions about specifc games, like Snakecast, Bioshock Infinite and the likes...I guess we get some of that in GOTY debates and there's also the fact that not that many games are interesting enough to them to deserve a lengthy inspection...but anyway.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would honestly love a politics based Podcast, it seems that the guys shy away from disclosing stuff like that in fear of alienating some of the audience.

There is a general lack of interest in discussing important matters in the gaming world outside of free speech and hate speech which has been discussed ad nauseum for the last couple of years now.

There are occasional glimpses of Austin and Brad recently talking about some of the presidential debates on Twitter but nothing else after that really so i know there is an interest with the crew about these topics.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

If Dan is involved in the music podcast in anyway I am not touching that thing with a bargepole

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Regular episodes of the Powerbomb cast. It's the only reason I have a subscription.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tiamatsword22

I would like a return of Unplugged in (at least) podcast form.

Avatar image for electrictrotsky
ElectricTrotsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A music podcast but solely about Jeff's musical career

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Christoffer

Would be interesting to hear a more scripted and edited format from the GB crew. Maybe a shorter series of podcasts dealing in one specific issue/theme/story/murder case.

(Maybe this music podcast was exactly that. I haven't finished this weeks episode yet)

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spacecast with Brad Starmaker

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't know the specifics but I'm not sure if a music podcast is a great idea. The only person on the staff that seems to really stay up on current music is Austin and maybe Alex.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hentai Anime podcast would be cool. I couldn't listen to a podcast about music i don't think, i'd rather just listen to music instead. I haven't listened to the bombcast regularly sense 2013, but i think it would be cool if they had a camera in there. I used to watch feedback with adam sessler like that, and i think video keeps my interest more than just audio discussions, plus you get to see facial reactions to the dumb shit that gets said sometimes lol.

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was coming to make an Anime joke

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I would like to hear Danny and a few more dudes on a UFC podcast, too bad nobody else on GB staff seems to give a shit about UFC

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Dan and whoever is the biggest food snob on staff to do a show where in every episode Dan is forced to eat a grown up thing but food snob is forced to eat something Dan picks, and then they discuss.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By ch3burashka

That Sphere book podcast was awesome. Book Club needs to be a regular thing.

I'd say a food podcast, but that would be incredibly depressing given the food habits of the Bombcast.

I effing love video game music, and Jeff appears to have a certain appreciation for it. They should do a VGM podcast to complement the erratic schedule of Encyclopaedia Bombcastica.

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Japanimation podcast could be pretty good. It would probably have to be monthly or something though. Jeff can talk about how fucking weird Ghost in the Shell 2 is and Dan can find a new role model in Golgo 13. Drew talked about maybe going to see Hatsune Miku; that's like a skip and a jump away from Black Rock Shooter.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RAP CAST. Jeff and D-Leazy AKA Leezus AKA Chicago's Least Favorite Son Dave Lang.

NO GUESTS. NO FILLER. Multiple hours of rappin about rapping.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I really have no interest in a music podcast at all. It just sounds like no fun to listen to. I'm a guy who likes and listens to a lot of music too (new and old).

I would like to see more of Giant Bomb doing a "Club" format podcast. Book club stuff is cool but I would like a Game Club the most (which is a cool format, used to enjoy Rebel FM doing it). I like deep dives and discussions on game mechanics. Picking odd games and coming to it ready to hear what they have to say is fun especially if you play along with them. I think this would work very well.

Maybe they could sustain an "Unplugged" RPG in podcast form? Or board games if they are ones that work in just audio.

I would like more frequent Spoilercasts as well. If there's a game that has a good story ready for a discussion maybe even just with a couple of the guys who played it in the office that could be fun to hear. Seems like we don't get that on this site a ton until GOTY and then it's during an argument and a weird format.

Some kind of RPG game focused podcast could be interesting. Maybe that would pull in outside guests or something. I just think that area of games is under represented on the site.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mellotronrules

@artisanbreads said:

I really have no interest in a music podcast at all. It just sounds like no fun to listen to. I'm a guy who likes and listens to a lot of music too (new and old).

that's my initial reaction as well. i'm a huge music nerd, and in theory i should love this idea (giantbomb music podcast). but i'm not sure they'd be offering what i'd want out of it- more specifically, exposure to new artists, deep dives on artist histories, and thoughtful interviews. it's not that i think they're incapable (giantbomb does great interviews, for one)- i just don't think they'll put the requisite time and work in.

i WOULD be 100% ok with a podcast where the hosts do deep dives into artists they feel passionate about and then posted accompanying spotify playlists. jeff could do a killer bay-area rap episode, give dan the opportunity to make the case for lynyrd skynyrd, give rorie a sleater kinney episode, etc. let people construct an argument for why [fill-in-the-blank] is the best [fill-in-the-blank] ever.

i just hope it's more advocacy and less criticism, because i'm not sure i'd have fun with a music podcast that followed the same format as the bombcast or powerbomb cast (in other words, let's-talk-about-the-week-in-music). it's just too damn subjective and (at a certain point) a little TMZ.

edit: also, i have no idea how licensing and fair-use goes for music shows, but this thing becomes substantially less interesting to me if they aren't able to play choice tracks (2 or 3, i don't need a full playlist) in the show itself.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By alexl86

With the Bombcast and now the Beastcast going every week, my podcast needs are met. I don't really care about wrestling or formula 1, though I have heard a few of those too.

I guess a movie podcast with Alex and Rorie (and guests) would get an infrequent listening from me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I'd like to listen to one hosted by three New York improv comedians that watch a bad movie and give a synopsis all while cracking wise. They could call it We Hate Movies.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a music podcast every two months or so could maybe be cool.

Jeff and Austin talk about hip hop, Alex talks about metal, Vinny and Brad talks about dad/butt-rock, Jason talks about K-pop, Rorie talks about whatever indie garbo he likes. And if Dan actually starts liking good music maybe he can make an appearance too.

Dude, you can't have a dadrock podcast without Dan.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More frequent wrestling podcast.

Deeper dives on specific games.

Possible mini anime podcast.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#42  Edited By raidingkvatch

Hmmm... Maybe an Off-topic podcast with a different main subject to focus on each time, that way they don't have to focus solely on anime, or books, but can chat about stuff as and when there's enough to say about it. Also I'd like to hear a comics podcast, but I'm not sure any of the guys are that into comics.

I'm also really into the idea of a music podcast, particularly if it was Jeff and Austin talking hip-hop.

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strangely, I don't find myself wanting another podcast out of these guys. I feel like every single Podcast I listen to suffers as they do more and more podcasts.

Think about just how much of the bombcast is tangents into other topics. That kind of thing goes way down as there are dedicated spaces for talking about it.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@mellotronrules: Feel the same way. Music is just subjective for me unless someone is really passionate about one area and they're just discussing that, I don't see the appeal. And it's not like a game where I need to hear someone's take before I check it out (I just listen to the music myself).

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A soccercast would be worth it just to explain how Jose Mourinho's season went.

blackblade500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would like a movie podcast back for sure. Also the Powerbombcast being back on a regular schedule would be great. I also second the idea of a politics podcast, something that could be really interesting. Book podcast would be cool too. I will listen to anything these guys do really, I mean after Alt-F1, I now watch F1 racing so, I am very opened minded and will to try what ever they come up with

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movies, music, and tv. The first two mostly. Also a another video game podcast would be cool too I guess.

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By timeshero

"Force Dan to try new things" the [Video] Podcast.

Episode 1: Miracle Whip vs Hellman's

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

A wrestling podcast done consistently.

One of the main reasons I cancelled my auto renew sub.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By hassun

Definitely nothing about anime! EVER!

Danswers is probably the one I liked the most right now but if I were to suggest something else I might say something similar like a series where someone from GB interviews someone from the industry.
Either way it would have to be something the host(s) are passionate about or interested in. They definitely shouldn't do something just because some GB users ask for it.