Why do you re-listen to Bombcasts?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KensterFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By KensterFox

I know I'm not the only one that does this. Here's why I do:

1. Hearing the crew taste Djungelvral/Hockey Pulver/Bird's Nest Drink for the first time never, ever gets old.

2. To snicker at people talking about the certain inevitability of EA purchasing 2K Games, or that the 10-year-cycle was a fallacy, and SURELY we would have at least one new console by 2011.

3. To remind myself that things like Wii Music actually existed at some point.

4. Jeff Green and Paul Barnett.

There's probably more, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Wemibelle

1.  To listen to all the funny moments that I can't remember which episode they are in. (tempted to make a guide my next time through) 

2.  To have something to do when playing games like WoW, games where I don't need to pay attention to the in-game sound.  Love listening to the gang while I do just about anything. 

3.  For some reason, I really enjoy hearing them talk about games from a few years ago.  It's a fun trip to the past. 

4.  They are scary accurate with some of their predictions and I am amazed each time I hear them be right on the money months in advance.
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I don't. I have a hard enough time just trying to keep up with all the podcasts I've subscribed to.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShaggE

@KensterFox said:

1. Hearing the crew taste Djungelvral/Hockey Pulver/Bird's Nest Drink for the first time never, ever gets old.

Which one is this? I must have missed it.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By coakroach

I'm too god damn poor to afford any other source of entertainment.

Ksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ksaw
  1. I'm a courier, stuck in a car all day long.
  2. Can't/won't listen to anything on the radio.
  3. Somehow managed to get sick of the 5,000 songs on my Ipod.
  4. It's a really good podcast.
Avatar image for cackatalltrades
cackatalltrades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By cackatalltrades

1. Been on Giant Bomb since the beginning, but never listened to the bombcasts until late 2010, so I'm catching up with what I missed. Generally, I'm not a podcast-listener, as I don't commute, but the bombcast is too funny to ignore. When I've caught up with current bombcasts I may look to subscribe to other podcasts to enjoy while I wait for new bombcasts to drop.

2. Really enjoy listening to the bombcasters when I'm playing a game that I don't need to pay attention to the narrative/commentary (generally sports titles, or games I'm re-playing after completion.)

3. Gives me something to do while I'm out having a smoke.

4. Can't afford a lot of new games, so play a lot of older titles that are mentioned on older bombcasts. I enjoy hearing the guys' opinions/experiences as I'm playing through.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Because it's sterile and I like the taste.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Meltac

I don't, too time consuming.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By beargirl1

because i go to sleep with the bombcast on and there isn't a new episode everyday. even at that, i still like to listen to old ones because i like hearing certain discussions or maybe it was just a pretty good episode

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Slaker117

There was a period were I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep, so I ran old podcasts just to break the silence. It gave me something interesting enough to distract from the minor torment of sleeplessness, but still simple enough for my tired mind to follow.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RazielCuts

I like to listen to specific gems peeps have uploaded to the youtubes.

KarmaPoliceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KarmaPoliceman

Because my rate of listening to Bombcast and This is Only a Test is greater than the rate of there release.

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By _Nuno_

Some people turn on the TV while they're working on something at home, not to watch it, just to have something to cut the silence. I listen to the bombcasts for this reason usually.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CptBedlam

@KarmaPoliceman said:

Because my rate of listening to Bombcast and This is Only a Test is greater than the rate of there release.

This.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Tennmuerti

1. slow paced games
2. for the lulz (literally)

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Sooty

I don't, I prefer other podcasts these days so I have a hard enough time keeping up with new episodes as it is.

Lately I've been listening to nothing but Stuff You Should Know.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By david3cm

I still find them funny after numerous listens, and I do a lot of driving and enjoy those guys on the ride.

@CaLe: you dont watch movies twice, really?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Hizang

It's why I also rewarch movies, replay games and re listen to music.

PurpleOddity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By PurpleOddity

They help me get to sleep and there aren't enough bombcasts to cover the number of times I am required to sleep.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maajin

I love listening to old stuff, like Bombcasts from 2008 or Hotspots from 2006... Makes me feel like I'm some godly creature from the future, laughing at the ignorance of puny humans. Or something.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vexxan

Never do, all I do is listen to some specific moments which can usually be found on youtube anyway.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Red12b

i go to the best bits on utube, goddamn some of their shit is funny

Im fuckin thor I'm busy! I'M ODIN'S SON! SON!

Then you've got stuff like the DJ unglevrau, the "Full of win", Silky the fairy and Saucepanman, and the return of Silky the Fairy and saucepanman, and much much more!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AlexW00d

I don't.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ervonymous

I don't, but I might in the future. I have a ton of old casts I haven't listened to, put a bunch of them on my ipod for a 10 hour car ride and boom.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MeierTheRed

I don't. The only podcasts i re-listen to is MBMBaM and You Look Nice Today.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By avantegardener

@mylifeforAiur said:

I don't. I have a hard enough time just trying to keep up with all the podcasts I've subscribed to.

This, same applys to old games, and games I have played 20 years ago that have been 're-imagined'. Only foward, never backward.

GnolTac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GnolTac

Because I like listening to podcasts whenever I'm doing something like driving to work or doing stuff around the house, so I listen to about 2 hours of podcasts/audiobooks a day. This means I go through them quite quickly, and I don't mind relistening to the really entertaining podcasts I last heard a few months ago.

That being said, if anyone has any other recommendations for entertaining podcasts this would be most welcome. So far I have:

• Giant Bombcast
  • Drunken Gamers Radio
  • Gamers with jobs
  • Ricky Gervais podcast
  • Downloadable content
  • The geekbox
  • Rebel FM
MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By MrMuscle

I didnt know about this site back in 08 when they started, so i got lots of catching up to do. Im listening to the one where GTA4 came out and they are so incredible stocked about it. I never hear that kinda passions from them about any particular game anymore though.

TWiSTEDmerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TWiSTEDmerc

I like to have something enjoyable to listen to while I browse the net and take care of business on my computer. I used to listen to the hotspot and still do on a seldom basis. Then one day, after having listened to the bombcast a couple of times, I found myself just enjoying the bombcast more than the hotspot. It's probably because of the rambunctious personalities and sometimes absolute gold that gets unearthed.

The bombcast can sometimes make me smirk or give me trouble just controlling my laughter and I usually do end up listening to the weekly invasion of hilarity.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You seem to assume that I do, which I don't.

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kristov_romanov

The same reason people have sex more than once in their life.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I don't, barely enough time to listen to one a week

unordinarily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By unordinarily

I listen to ones I find to be hilarious. The one that the fake radio commercial was mostly made from? Amazing! 

Also the sounds of their voices > most of the shit on the radio.

piropeople13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By piropeople13

@Ksaw said:

1. I'm a courier, stuck in a car all day long.
  2. Can't/won't listen to anything on the radio.
  3. Somehow managed to get sick of the 5,000 songs on my Ipod.
  4. It's a really good podcast.

What exactly to couriers do on a day to day basis? I've always wondered, do you work for a specific company or are you part of a dispatch like a taxi?

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RobertOrri

There's just so many great moments in each of them. Those guys are hilarious when together.

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SammydesinasNL

Seen as how I have only listened to anything since the beginning of season 3 I have quite some catchin up to do. I guess that doesn't really count as 're' listening though.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Azteck

Because the guys are hilarious. Usually when there's a specific moment I want, I look it up on YouTube but when I grind and stuff like that I like listening to them. It's fun going back to the beginning too.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I have a kind of crappy job, that allows and almost requires aural entertainment.

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I recently started re-listening to all the Bombcasts from back in the Arrow Pointing Down days....again. I believe this is my third time doing this, and I love it every time. I can't really put my finger on what exactly it is that makes me want to just re-listen this stuff all over again, especially when there are so much else I've hot on lists that I want to listen to and watch. It may just be all about pure nostalgia, mixed in with a bit of anxiety of letting go. =)

Also, I just 'necroed' this thread because I Googled "Re-listening old Bombcasts." =D

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't because a day only has 24 hours in it.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RetroMetal

This.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like listening to best of the bombcast clips and collections mostly, though I do sometime relisten to the most recent bombcast. I don't always pay full attention to them at that point, but as I work from home it is nice to just have some stuff going on in the back ground. Music makes me wanna sing along which takes my focus away but the bombcast (and the other two podcast tied for my favs the beastcast and stuff you missed in history class)' don't oddly enough. Plus I just miss hearing Ryan...so old bombcast are great for that.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For fun mostly.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either for something to listen to in the background while Im playing a game where there isnt a story to pay attention to. Also it's really hard for me to fall asleep at night because my brain wont stop thinking. Putting on a bombcast and focusing on a single thought helps me a lot. GBEncore is great for that. You have to refresh the page when a new episode plays which i initially didn't like, but its really good for sleeping. That way after I pass out and the bombcast ends I dont get waken up in the middle of the night from somebody screaming about something.

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By indieslaw

So, I've been listening to the bombcasts since the beginning, and as you might expect, my life has changed pretty significantly since then. And so what will often happen is, I'll listen to an older bombcast, and it will take me back to that moment in time; what I was doing then, how I was feeling, what my life was like, in a way that very few things can.

Like, I remember exactly what was up in my life during the E3 podcast where Jaffe showed up late, complained about <>-person, and gave an honest/revealing answer about remaking Twisted Metal being a somewhat safe choice as a game to make, even though he was still into it. I was cleaning out my college apartment to try and salvage my deposit that night, and was wondering about safe choices in my own life, because I was shortly to go move in with my grandma, where I would ultimately be her caretaker until she passed away. But, and this is the point, I only remember it so vividly because I can pin it to that specific moment in time, and I happened to relisten to that show very shortly after she did pass away.

So, it's a weird phenomenon, but thats what relistening has done for me. It's given me access to some of those moments of my own life in great clarity.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to listen to ThisYearCollections at work few years ago still, but haven't touched 'em since the guy stopped making those.

I do frequently dig up clips on Youtube and some of those I could listen on repeat for a whole day.

Bukktown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bomb cast hits just the right spots for me.

-Great humor

-Early/mid 90s cpu and internet culture

-Partying too much in your late teens

-Ryan Davis was awesome

-I'm the same age as the old crew and they are basically my favorite friends (they just don't know it)

-It sparks memories of what I was doing when I first heard it

I listen to GBencore probably more than I listen to all of the new podcasts on my feed. New podcasts of the same genre get to be too samey and it's the people/hosts that keeps me coming back

Brand-Old

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Brand-Old

I re-listen for lots of reasons, but I mostly double dip the old Bomcasts for Ryan.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listening to something helps me sleep, so I'll just put one on at random before bed.