Why I love the bombcast

BreatheEasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BreatheEasy

Basically, I love it cus it got me through some shitty, shitty times. I recently had this job at the Royal Mail where I had to sort letters and packages into slots for hours on end. I listened to the bombcast while doing it, and if not for it, I would have probably taken an overdose from depression or topped myself already (jk btw).

Has the bombcast ever helped you out in such a way?

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Wildfire570

Totally, I was so stressed out about my finals last semester I was about to freak. I decided to take a break and listened to the bombcast which makes me rofl as usual and help relieve that stress that was no longer built up. Bombcast should be used as a pharmaceutical product for depression. Just a suggestion. 

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By cstrang

i mean, I like listening to the Bombcast when I'm forced to do something monotonous or menial (like maths homework).  But I don't attribute my overall mood to it.

pepper_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pepper_2000

Gives me something to listen to. I can listen to the same one multiple times. I can't say that for any other podcast. Hell, I don't think anyone can say that about my own podcast.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By EpicSteve

I still remember listening to The Hotspot in high school classes. Not the BombCast, but close enough. Good times. Now I listen to the BombCast while working out, thus making it easier. But I feel awkward when I just randomly laugh in the gym.

Hjels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hjels

It's great for listening to when I trudge around at work. Has it gotten me through anything in particular? No, but it does make me smile. Get alot of confused looks from co-workers when I start laughing out loud while walking right past them. :P

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By buzz_clik

The Bombcast is great for me because it's mid-Wednesday here when it goes up. Wednesday's my deadline-o-rama day, and I'm balls deep in work - having the Bombcast to listen to is the perfect antidote.

mattbirdy1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By mattbirdy1986

it makes me laugh and helps pass the time on my 3 mile a walk into town to catch a bus in the morning :(

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By DanielJW

Spent the night in the hospital when I was diagnosed with diabetes; listened to Bombcasts through the night. That helped a lot, made me forget about the smell of hospital and relax. 

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mrfizzy

Iv listened to it every time iv been studying for my mid-year and end of year University exams. Was majorly stressed about the last lot due to some subjects that i wasnt so hot in. It kept me laughing and helped me to relax a little bit. Good stuff. 

DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By DarthMaul

I haven't listened to one in a long time. ;_;

I need to start coming here every day again.

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By misterpope

Basically no one around me has the same passion for video games I do, and coupled with some pretty depressing stuff in my life, I was kinda down. Bombcast helped me get through it, and confirmed my suspicions that other people out there like video games.  

Long live Giant Bomb.
unreal999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By unreal999

It brings me so much entertainment and helps me kill time. I often listen to the same bombcast multiple times, because they are often so fu****** funny.  Cant wait for tonights podcast.

Avatar image for generalnonsense
GeneralNonsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GeneralNonsense

The Bombcast is one of the highlights of my week.  It never fails to cheer me up, and it is my favorite podcast of all time.
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Andorski

The Bombcast makes my long commutes seem instantaneous.  This and 4 Guys, 1up are life savers.

Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Win

I was designing a poster for a school play and it was taking me forever and I was starting to get frustrated, luckily the Bombcast made the process so much easier and I finished before the deadline.

Thankfully, the Bombcast is always there for me when I am doing something art related.

BreatheEasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BreatheEasy
@misterpope said:
" Basically no one around me has the same passion for video games I do, and coupled with some pretty depressing stuff in my life, I was kinda down. Bombcast helped me get through it, and confirmed my suspicions that other people out there like video games.   Long live Giant Bomb. "
wow, that's strong, but kudos anyway man, good luck
misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By misterpope
@BreatheEasy said:
" @misterpope said:
" Basically no one around me has the same passion for video games I do, and coupled with some pretty depressing stuff in my life, I was kinda down. Bombcast helped me get through it, and confirmed my suspicions that other people out there like video games.   Long live Giant Bomb. "
wow, that's strong, but kudos anyway man, good luck "

Thanks man. Doing good now. Bombcast is great. Nuff said.
ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By ki11tank

it's entertaining and my friends aren't really gamers so it's great to hear like minds with a subject like at times.

Osietra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Osietra

A close friend of mine took a huge overdose of pills, and while she lay in a coma I played her various Bombcasts. It didn't seem to do any good, but I certainly lol'd softly a few times!

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By dichemstys

The Bombcast has accompanied me through the past year of my gaming life. I can't play any games without it.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By natetodamax
@Kingofallya said:
" I love it because jeff + ryan= erection "
Wow.
vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vasta_narada

I love it because my opinions line up so well with the GB crew's. Most of my friends aren't as into videogames as I am, though the ones that are, have wildly different opinions, and often call me out for it. It also helps me through a rather traumatic period of my life. Looking good so far; I just need to graduate high school (last year, thank god), and get out of this house.

Additionally, I'm one of those pessimists that relives all of their worst moments (in every sense of the term) when in silence, or playing games sometimes, so I like to have the Bombcast on, just as some background noise. Sleeping is much easier with my favorite ishditions.

dyslekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dyslekt

because  of Brad;)