Ads during Twitch Stream despite premium

Axl159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know technically it's not a bug but I found it really annoying that during Brad's Watch Dogs Stream on Oct 29 2020 I tuned in only to watch a bear go to the bathroom for 30 seconds. I pay for premium to get away from these ads and I don't know if you have a way out of it but please do something if you can.

pjpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah people are getting 45-second ad breaks every 10 minutes. Is this going to be a continual problem now that Twitch have worked out how to bypass blocklists?

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catching the bombcast/beastcast live is going to be terrible with all these ads if they keep using the Twitch player. I'm getting 2 ads every 10 minutes.

Avatar image for davesavedtheday
davesavedtheday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was able to watch a good portion of Brad's stream w/o ads, but eventually got one myself. I know it's not GB's fault or anything, but man, bad look for Twitch.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had saltybet on all morning and only noticed the normal ads. Same with Warframe community team streams throughout the week

I vaguely recall when there was the mid-roll controversy a few weeks back that it was only the channels that don't have dedicated ad breaks at regular intervals?Gets a bit annoying but, theoretically, if the non-premium twitch streams had a dedicated ad block every hour or two it might help?

Or is this just some weird thing based on what tier of creator a given channel is?

sanderjk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Basically you can't watch live, because the ads just cut off the conversation. I missed how Brad died for instance on the latest stream. He was next to a guard, then I caught the tail end of a loading screen and talking about permadeath 30s later.

Twitch /says/ if you run ads as a streamer this won't happen. But afaik they don't document yet what counts as "run an ad recently"

I had 4 30s interruptions in 50mins of watching which isn't crazy, but the cut-off effect makes it terrible.

Nanerpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. It sucks but there really isnt anything GB can do.

I thought the twitch forced ads were only for partnered streamers. Its amazingly shitty to force low view or new streamers trying to build up a stream to run ads that they dont even get a portion of

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

We have shifted the Beastcast over to YouTube for the moment. We'll keep an eye on the Twitch ad situation, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a particular reason why they're running live shows through twitch vs the website?

Its mostly podcasts but there have been a few play dates and stuff that run through it. I can only assume it has something to do with not being in the office.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@reap3r160 said:

Is there a particular reason why they're running live shows through twitch vs the website?

I assume it's because twitch allows them to potentially reach a wider audience, and thus, new viewers. Can't fault them for wanting that, I think.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By BisonHero

@tds418: Yeah I think at this point, it seems only the premium streams are using the GB/Gamespot livestreaming tech. It seems like most free/public streams use Twitch/YouTube streaming, just to reach that extra audience and because it’s relatively easy to embed on the GB live chat page. It does leave the weird issue of a largely ignored chat on Twitch/Youtube, but oh well.

Nanerpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its mostly podcasts but there have been a few play dates and stuff that run through it. I can only assume it has something to do with not being in the office.

From my understanding they have been done some shows as being open to non premium members to try and introduce people to GB and to also to try and convince some people to sub

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm pretty sure all non-premium livestreams have been through Twitch for quite a while now

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

While I didn’t see any ads during Alex’s drum stream today, (I’m a premium subscriber.) there was a few points where, instead of an ad, a Twitch screen popped up with an ad countdown timer.