Community GOTY voting issues go here!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'm going to throw up the Community GOTY voting sometime...soon!™ If you notice any issues voting on games please let us know here and we'll get it sorted.

TouchyHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Howdy. Oxygen Not Included listed as a 2017 game but actually just came out of early access in July of this year. I imagine that's gotta be pretty common for early access games. Cool list! First time voting here :D

Pfhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I can vote for FFXIV: Shadowbringers (my no. 2) but not Destiny 2: Shadowkeep (my no. 1). Unfortunately I'm not going to vote if I can't vote for my number 1 game of the year.

PizzaDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to include 10 Beautiful Postcards by thecatamites in my top ten but, understandably for a small game, it's not on the list. Any chance it could be added? Thanks for running this btw.

xk1x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Judgment comes up as a 2018 release in the list due to the Japanese release, but it didn't come out in the US until 2019, so it should count, right?

tinySouffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would include Wow: Classic on my list but not sure if that should just be a vote for World of Warcraft 2004?

Avatar image for mongolianmisfit
MongolianMisfit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judgment is only listed as a 2018 game. I understand this is due to it being originally released on Dec 13th of 2018 in Japan, but other territories did not see it released until June 25th of 2019.

alpha_bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By alpha_bit

Not as much a bug as an observation: I would absolutely love functionality of reorganizing the list items by drag-and-drop, a la Steam Wishlist. It would be reeeeaaallly helpful to be able to type all of my votes out and then organize them.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would include Wow: Classic on my list but not sure if that should just be a vote for World of Warcraft 2004?

I'd also like to know this Matt

Asteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Asteri

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne doesn't seem to be popping up either..

[edit] or is this considered DLC for Monster Hunter World and should I then list Monster Hunter World as my item?

cltuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may already be accounted for, but Slay the Spire was an early access game.

Official release was this year and the database says 2017. Thank for all you do, rorie!

lawl3rbawl3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too second or I guess third the WoW Classic question.

shamanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

another down for WoW Classic option

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tinysouffle: @sombre: @oddjob86: @shamanick: @lawl3rbawl3r: I don't believe we generally make separate pages for re-issues or remakes of older games unless they are substantially different than the previous versions. If you vote for the base World of Warcraft game from 2004 we'll count that as WoW classic. Or any WoW votes really since there wasn't an expansion this year.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scottieh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to put in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep. I know it is an expansion but doesn't it count? Not showing up as an option.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asteri said:

[edit] or is this considered DLC for Monster Hunter World and should I then list Monster Hunter World as my item?

I'd also like to know about how I should vote for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. Can't get it to pop up, as it's just considered a DLC in the system, but it was also a separate release. Will voting for the 2018 base game count, or will it just get filtered out?

thecomfypanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi! I'm not able to find Pic-a-Pix: Pieces by Lightwood Games (released Jan 2 this year). Any chance this could be added? Thanks!

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#20 Marino  Staff

@asteri said:

I'd also like to know about how I should vote for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. Can't get it to pop up, as it's just considered a DLC in the system, but it was also a separate release. Will voting for the 2018 base game count, or will it just get filtered out?

Yes, it's not a separate game. Just enter it as MHW.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Marino  Staff

Hi! I'm not able to find Pic-a-Pix: Pieces by Lightwood Games (released Jan 2 this year). Any chance this could be added? Thanks!

The beauty of the wiki is that anyone can add a game. I've done it for you though.

Pic-a-Pix Pieces

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Marino  Staff
@scottieh said:

Trying to put in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep. I know it is an expansion but doesn't it count? Not showing up as an option.

It's not a separate game. Just enter it as Destiny 2.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Marino  Staff
@xk1x said:

Judgment comes up as a 2018 release in the list due to the Japanese release, but it didn't come out in the US until 2019, so it should count, right?

Yes.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Marino  Staff
@pfhor said:

I can vote for FFXIV: Shadowbringers (my no. 2) but not Destiny 2: Shadowkeep (my no. 1). Unfortunately I'm not going to vote if I can't vote for my number 1 game of the year.

MMOs uniquely carry a heritage of expansion packs dating back to the days before DLC or "ongoing games" were a concept, which is why they still get separate pages in our system. For games like Destiny, Monster Hunter, etc., they are listed as DLC.

So, you can enter Shadowbringers on your list and you can add Destiny 2 to your list. They will both count towards the overall tally.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Marino  Staff

Judgment is only listed as a 2018 game. I understand this is due to it being originally released on Dec 13th of 2018 in Japan, but other territories did not see it released until June 25th of 2019.

You can still add it and it will count.

thecomfypanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino: Thank you very much! My apologies, I wasn't aware of this.

OHNOgc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was actually going to ask where it was that I cast my votes in for the community GOTY, because I legit couldn't find it in any obvious spot on the site. I had no idea when or where it was going up. But I dug into the Community Highlights and found it there. Here's the link if anyone needs it.

Sorla10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@marino: can i vote for card game for their expansions this year that ive enjoyed and have it count? even though those games themselves are years old

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Marino  Staff

@sorla10: Not sure if you're talking about a physical card game or a game that we would actually list in the wiki.