Continue watching history deleted?

UnknownBeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

At some point in the last week, my whole "continue watching" history seems to have been deleted. For a few days, I couldn't even see a continue watching carousel. Today it came back, but only has one video in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-647f76b346730
deactivated-647f76b346730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep me too.

mrizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah same here. Nothing is showing as watched anymore.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I noticed this today as well. All of my watch history seems to have been reset on the site, but is still present in the Video Bomb app.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hey Will said this elsewhere so I'll copy/paste:

Yes we had an outage this past Sunday and some continue watching data for the homepage carousel was lost. We keep that data in an "in memory" data store like the ram on a PC. We try really hard to keep an on disk backup but that backup failed this weekend when the system went down, we're working to stabilize that service so this doesn't keep happening. Because of the nature of the way the data is saved (every user is saving watch progress data every few seconds while watching a video) we have to keep that data in a more quickly accessible but unfortunately not as backup safe location than the rest of our data.

The good news is we also keep a local copy in your browser of your continue watching progress so your videos *should* resume where you left off still. We just lost the listing of all your in progress videos on our servers.

Sorry for the hassle; the Sunday event sounded kind of exceptional.