Editing pages is destroying assocations again.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@rorie: I've just noticed that pages that game pages that have been recently edited are losing certain associations, like platform, characters, locations, concepts, and items. I don't know how widespread this is, but this seems like a recurrence of a bug that hit back when the new site design first launched.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@hailinel said:

@rorie: I've just noticed that pages that game pages that have been recently edited are losing certain associations, like platform, characters, locations, concepts, and items. I don't know how widespread this is, but this seems like a recurrence of a bug that hit back when the new site design first launched.

Yep, sorry, filed this yesterday as a high-priority bug. I wasn't aware of the original bug, though. We should hopefully be able to restore the pages to an earlier version, but I'll have to let @mrpibb speak to that.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

this is in queue.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By reverendhunt

There's got to be some sort of specific trigger that's wiping pages. I double-check every game I've edited (and I edit a lot), and it's never happened after I've edited something. Meanwhile, I'm still seeing 3-4 new pages a day that are completely blank on the right-hand column after someone else has edited it.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

@reverendhunt: I also went back and checked a whole ton of pages I have worked on and could not find one.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I was wondering, might affected pages might have had associations that were no longer valid? I know that the database was slow to update if a page had been deleted on account of being a duplicate. Is there a chance that pages that had these "dead" duplicates still populating associations might have something to do with it?

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By mrpibb

we're actively working on this issue, the associations seem to have been deleted during a bad code push late last year. I think they should be working now, but doing some validation to make sure.