Editing Pre-Upgraded Site Blogs is Problematic

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

I haven't tried to write a blog post on the new site yet (though I plan to do an analysis of Demon's/Dark Souls) so I'm not sure if it applies here, but I was trying to fix the formatting on one of my old blog posts and when I saved my changes, it saved it all as a comment at the bottom of the blog instead of just fixing the original. The original appears unchanged in any way. It's a weird issue.

Also, it was mentioned in a month-old thread, but I can't even figure out how to delete unwanted old blog posts either. If anyone could help me out with that, I'd appreciate it.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can see it in my history feed on my profile page. It's kind of obnoxious, really.

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By alexisg

@mormonwarrior: Can you site a specific piece of text that you changed that didn't get updated on the blog article? So that we can spot the difference in the wall activity vs the blog itself.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MormonWarrior

It was my Zelda series blog. I was trying to get the Link to the Past title ("4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past") lower and below the picture from Phantom Hourglass since it's the only one out of format.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By rchen

Hey duder,

Looks like the blog-as-a-comment bug happened when we migrated data over from the old site to the new site. This is not a critical bug but we're aware of it.

To delete a blog it's at the bottom of the blog entry. Screenshot for convenience.

No Caption Provided

Can you test editing the blog again? I just edited a blog entry of mine and added a link and it worked.

Also, your entire blog should not show up on your activity feed anymore. Let me know if you have more issues.

Thanks!

rchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mormonwarrior Just wondering if you're still having issues with your blog.