#1 Edited by DSale (135 posts) -

Whenever going to Full Screen mode on the new site, the search/information bar doesn't minimize properly. In fact, it plasters itself all over the middle of the screen! Here's a Screenshot.

Windowed mode however, does work fine. It requires me to resize the browser window to the full size of the monitor, and is not an ideal solution.

Yes, I understand I could just use a different browser. I like Safari and don't want to use a different browser.

#2 Posted by Szlifier (508 posts) -

@dsale: How about windowed mode and pressing F11?

#3 Edited by DSale (135 posts) -

Unfortunately, pressing F11 was not effective. It served to bring the screen back to normal mode, not to make the splash information go away.

#4 Posted by mrpibb (470 posts) -

what safari version and OS?

thanks

#5 Edited by DSale (135 posts) -

@mrpibb:

Mac OS X version 10.6.8

Safari 5.1.7 (6534.57.2)

UPDATE: Also, this only seems to happen on the page for the video. I am able to go full-screen if the video is featured on the main page just fine.

#6 Posted by DSale (135 posts) -

Bump for visibility. This issue still occurs for me every day.

#7 Posted by alexisg (394 posts) -

Oh geezus. I'll take a look. I need to reinstall 10.6 on one of my machines or get safari 5 some other way. Kind of a bummer that Apple was unable to give 10.6 users Safari 6. I'll see what I can do. I may just be able to hide that menu completely when in fullscreen mode. HTML5 fullscreen is supposed to do this automatically but clearly its not doing it in Safari 5.