Is posting bust for anyone else?

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By leebmx

When I try and post a comment a lot of the time it waits for ages and then says 'Oops, something is broken, we are working on it.' or words to that effect. It will do it until I refresh, and then when I do it will have multiple posted my comment.

Anyone else getting this? I am seeing some multiple posts so I am guessing some people are. As much as I like staring at Johnny V's face it would be good if it was fixed.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

yep I felt it too.

That stupid face pops up and it doesn't likes to load, it can be quite annoying. Funny how the old GB layout never had these problems.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, and also even if it does post if you keep the page open to long it will post again without you noticing, then if you return to the thread later you have a double post.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup same here.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There has pretty much always been something busted with this forum since the launch of the new site over 6 months ago.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@marokai said:

There has pretty much always been something busted with this forum since the launch of the new site over 6 months ago.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I am having this issue, as well. @rorie mentioned a few days ago that they'd be turning off some new servers, and things did seem to be better for a good number of hours. But today everything is back to busted, if not more so than it was. Hopefully they'll get a handle on it on Monday.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's totally screwed up. The only way to not double or triple post is to wait a few seconds after you post and reload the page. I'm guessing that's why there's tons of 'the message was deleted' around here and not mods going berserk.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jking47

Yeah it has been pretty broken for a while. I find myself just not posting.

Edit: This one worked!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

yup, ditto

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By ThePickle

Yeah it's still pretty messed up.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#13 gamer_152  Moderator

The site's been doing this on and off but it's been especially bad lately. It's prone to not performing operations, taking a long time to do so, and double post/sending double PMs. Any top men around @rorie?

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I'm finding the ' post, wait, reload, check if posted ' method to be the most effective right now.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm finding the ' post, wait, reload, check if posted ' method to be the most effective right now.

Mine is to post, wait a few seconds of JohnnyBomb, and then click the Giant Bomb logo on the upper-left to go home, and check the thread I just posted in. It never double the posts, whereas reloading almost always did.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

S'all fucked up, dawg.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. At first I thought it was cause I embedded a video or an image or just typed too much text. But I can't even get simple posts out without that loading bomb perpetually morphing into Johnny V's face. Not that I mind seeing that, I'd just rather know whether my post made it in or not.

sanmier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sanmier

Yup same here.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@greggd: Yeah, I think the current workaround is to give the post a few short moments and as soon as you notice posting takes longer than it should - leave the particular page immediately. Either by using F5 (I usually do this successfully) or quickly navigating to another page.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I don't even wait - I just post and then crawl back up to the top of the screen (don't know why the forums don't have cookiecrumbs on the bottom of the page) and go back to forum index. Usually the post is there and if it isn't then oh well.

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By kmg90

Wasn't the site down around the time the Panel started for planned maintenance to fix the lengthy post/comment submission delay?

The wait time for posts to go through improved greatly after the maintenance, this afternoon it's returned slightly with every other POST taking 30+ seconds to go through....

I have yet to double post, I guess I'm just lucky or patient when waiting for the submission to complete. my guess is it would only happen to those using Google Chrome.. (My disdain for the browser has grown over the past few months, I hardly use chromium anymore)

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kmg90: It's not only Chrome and patience doesn't help either. I use firefox and I always wait until the loading is done and it still displayed two of my posts twice. At the moment it's really rough.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i use firefox as well, and it's not patience like i said before I've found that if you keep a tab/page open right after posting for a certain amount of time it will double post, or triple post even. Only time i get one post is if i close the tab and then just re-open the thread. I also found that sometimes if it's taking long to post, just close it and re-open and your post will be there and it won't double it. I do forget though and get quite a few double posts still lol.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is so bad it's not even funny.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This has happened before when they did an update; I guess they'll just have to roll back again and get to the bottom of it?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@altairre@oursin_360 Well consider myself lucky I guess, or maybe I just have been totally oblivious to any doubles I've made since this issue came up (I don't post or comment a lot)

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@altairre@oursin_360 Well consider myself lucky I guess, or maybe I just have been totally oblivious to any doubles I've made since this issue came up (I don't post or comment a lot)

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rapid

Seens that when I try to post anything it ends up becoming a double post.

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kmg90

And I jinx it, consider me in reader only mode for awhile until the double-posting is fixed

My educated guess would be instances of their databases are not "in sync" as images and other postings are getting duped too also forum posts are instantly marked as edited sometimes... or everything is on fire