It won't let me write reviews?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kevlar101

I have gone on to two different game wikis and clicked "Write a review" , and all it does is load the same wiki page again. It did this on Red Dead Redemptions page and Far Cry 3, and those are the only two that I have tried so I assume it would happen on others.

I am just wondering what is going on...

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@kevlar101: Tested both of those pages and they seem to be working normally for me. Can you try running your browser without any extensions or trying a different browser to see if that fixes the problem?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I figured it out. It is saying that I am not allowed to write a review. Why is that? Have I done something wrong? :P :O

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@kevlar101: Lists and reviews count as part of your five/posts per day limit until you hit 25 posts and are able to post as much as you want. This is an anti-spam measure, but once you get to 25 posts total on the forums, you should be able to post as many lists and reviews as you like.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Ohhh okay, I was unaware that they counted toward that. Thank you for clarifying :)

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Uhmmm.....it is still not letting me write a review? It has been about 20 hours since I last tried to, and it still won't let me.

And...also, I wonder about what you said. If you say that it is blocking me from making a review because I am at my daily post limit, then why was I still able to post this topic and the two replies in the same day? And then it still won't let me write one anyway. Not trying to be an ass or anything, really, i'm just wondering...

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevlar101: Hmm, not sure on the latter part, it could be a bug. But the unlocking normally happens after 24 hours since your last post, so I'd wait a few more hours and try again. If it's still not letting you post a review in five hours, let me know and I can look into it.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

@kevlar101: Hmm, not sure on the latter part, it could be a bug. But the unlocking normally happens after 24 hours since your last post, so I'd wait a few more hours and try again. If it's still not letting you post a review in five hours, let me know and I can look into it.

Soooo...... it still won't let me write reviews. When I click "Write a review", It just keeps redirecting me back to the same page.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevlar101: Are you trying to write a review from your profile or directly on the game's page?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

@kevlar101: Are you trying to write a review from your profile or directly on the game's page?

Both. It does this on both the games page and my profile.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not able. Seriously, I don't get this. I tried on Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer (eww).

I really apologize if I am being too whiny about this, really, I am sorry. I just really value being able to write reviews.... it's like my memory log.

gba1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By gba1989
@rorie said:

same thing here, click the "write a review" button and a green notification appeared on the top screen saying: "You are not allowed to write a review." Funny, 'cause I was able to write one just yesterday.

wth did I do wrong?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rorie

@kevlar101: Hey, super sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It looks like this has been popping up for other users on Comic Vine as well and I'm trying to get an engineer to look into it; I've never seen that error message before. Let me see if @mrpibb might have some clue as to what's causing it.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not letting me write reviews .. *sigh* I give up.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevlar101: I think we actually fixed the problem; we're just waiting to actually push the code out to the live website. Hopefully within a day or two.