Live chat: Icon to view original message being replied to is hidden sometimes

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By whitegreyblack

This is a bit hard to describe so I have a couple of photos that I hope will help.

Icon is behind Sparky_Buzzsaw's avatar. Bad!
Icon is behind Sparky_Buzzsaw's avatar. Bad!
I forced the spacing to allow the icon to show but bosonhero's name is now half hidden behind the avatar.  Better, but not quite good!
I forced the spacing to allow the icon to show but bosonhero's name is now half hidden behind the avatar. Better, but not quite good!

What you are seeing is the little icon that allows you to view what message someone is replying to being hidden behind the reply-er's avatar in live chat (occurs when the two usernames fills the entire horizontal line space); and then the workaround of using the << / >> button to either hide or reveal the chat/replies/polls buttons to force the little bugger out of hiding (depending on the situation; you can also resize the entire chat frame and get the same result, I should think).

This has actually happened for me since day 1 of this newest incarnation of live chat, but I usually just do the workaround described above to see the icon if I want to view original messages that are being replied to.