Script not working on XBMC App 'Latest' Tab

thedanshires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi,

I watch my premium account on my XBMC PC in my living room. For the past couple of days the 'latest' tab on the menu throws up a scripting error each time I try to access it and won't let me view the videos.

Just thought i'd better let you know

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hi,

I watch my premium account on my XBMC PC in my living room. For the past couple of days the 'latest' tab on the menu throws up a scripting error each time I try to access it and won't let me view the videos.

Just thought i'd better let you know

I don't think that we maintain that app? That is probably something that is done by a community member. But I'm not sure who that would be.

TDot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

yeah, it's broken for me too.

tctimmeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tctimmeh

@rorie: The xbmc wiki page for that plugin says "Author: Whiskey Media". Here is the source: https://github.com/WhiskeyMedia/xbmc

I dug into it a bit. It's 404'ing on this URL: http://www.giantbomb.com/api/chats/?api_key=YOUR_API_KEY_HERE&format=json

I got mine working by replacing the "default" API key in the script with my personal key from http://www.giantbomb.com/xbmc/, then commenting out the "if user_api_key" block in the CATEGORIES function at the top. Hope this helps anyone until we can get an official patch!

GnolTac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a workaround listed in the other thread: http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/xbmc-openelec-addon-problem-1500604/#7

Someone also created a proper fix for it in a pull request.

Giacom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnoltac: Yeah I made a pull request but if you want the fix now without modifying the code, and you know how to manually install plugins, you can download the fixed version from here: https://github.com/Giacom/xbmc/tree/giantbomb

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@rorie: @gnoltac: Do we have any idea who maintains the addon then? Would be nice to get the pull request approved :)

wario64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm trying to install the fixed version from https://github.com/Giacom/xbmc/archive/giantbomb.zip manually on XBMC but it's telling me that it doesn't have the correct structure. Any ideas?

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bollard said:

@rorie: @gnoltac: Do we have any idea who maintains the addon then? Would be nice to get the pull request approved :)

As far as I can tell it was created by @sdornan, while he was an engineer for the site. He left two years ago though, and I guess nobody formally took over.

Deckard42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Deckard42

@wario64: You need to unzip the file you downloaded from github and then rezip the plugin.video.giantbomb folder into plugin.video.giantbomb.zip

However once I did that it still wouldn't install on xbmc 13.2 because of a dependencies error. I thought it was similar to the problem in this thread so I changed my python version from 2.0 to 2.14.0 as per xbmc's wiki but now I get the "doesn't have correct structure" error message again. Anyone have any ideas?

Giacom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fixed the zip so it could be installed right away without repackaging it but I do not know how to solve your dependency error, this is my second time I have modified xbmc plugins before, sorry.

RazorRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RazorRamen

@giacom: @deckard42: I was getting the dependency error too, I'm currently running Kodi Helix 14.0 RC 2 so I edited addon.xml to python 2.19.0 and that did the trick. For anyone that needs a working version for Helix this should work.

thedanshires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the guidance everyone, will give this a try in the morning - hope it works - will have a lot to catch up on!

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wish we could be more of a help. This is actually a 3rd party app that we don't control. If you work on this app, get at me, and I can help resolve issues you may be having.

Giacom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Giacom

I updated my github branch to hopefully fix the dependency error, if you still can't get it working then I'll try raising the version as I do not want to break compatibility with earlier versions of XBMC.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

jporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've actually been maintaining a version of the Giant Bomb XBMC app for my own use for a while now. In addition to working correctly (mostly), I also added a bunch of new features, like the ability to watch videos via YouTube, multiple pages of results, and support for the (non-premium) podcasts. I also wrote some hacky code to record history for the add-on, so it'll mark the videos you've already seen: https://github.com/jimporter/giantbomb-xbmc

I'm also happy to work with the folks at Giant Bomb if they have any input on this (the last time I asked though, they said they had their own plans).

(I registered this account just now since I don't want to associate my main Giant Bomb account with my real name.)

obedox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jporter said:

I've actually been maintaining a version of the Giant Bomb XBMC app for my own use for a while now. In addition to working correctly (mostly), I also added a bunch of new features, like the ability to watch videos via YouTube, multiple pages of results, and support for the (non-premium) podcasts. I also wrote some hacky code to record history for the add-on, so it'll mark the videos you've already seen: https://github.com/jimporter/giantbomb-xbmc

I'm also happy to work with the folks at Giant Bomb if they have any input on this (the last time I asked though, they said they had their own plans).

(I registered this account just now since I don't want to associate my main Giant Bomb account with my real name.)

@jporter! Thanks man, your updated add-on is working great. Would be awesome if your updates made it into the add-on stored in the Kodi repo.

jporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obedox: I've considered submitting my add-on to the official Kodi repo, although I'm not sure they'd accept all the changes (that's why I have a separate branch for the playback history stuff). I haven't done so until now though because I didn't want to step on the toes of any of the devs at Giant Bomb. Since Rorie's apparently a bit confused about who owns that add-on, maybe that's not actually an issue, but I'd still want to run it by the devs before I did anything.

hexxagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jporter: Thank you very much.

I've been watching Giantbomb recently via Chromecast because the plugin stopped working. I just installed your plugin over the existing one (Raspbmc on a Rapsberry Pi), all the settings are still there, and it seems to work fine.

I don't know how many users there are watching Giantbomb with XBMC/Kodi, but if this plugin can be in the official repo, that would be great!