Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PhantomGardener

I can't remember the last time I was able to post something in the comment section of a video. I ALWAYS get the Sorry, server error. Try again. message. What the hell?

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By rick

@phantomgardener: Does this only happen on Videos? Can you send me links to pages where you cant comment, also try again and if it fails note the time and send that to me (along with your timezone) so I can see what is happening.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By jslack

@phantomgardener: Let's get this fixed. Wonder what extensions you are running. Would love to have you part of the discussions!

StoutLager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By StoutLager

Yes, this happens to me on occasion as well. Latest Firefox with all content blocking extensions disabled. The one thing I think maybe triggers it is when I have two tabs of Giantbomb open; logged out on one and logged in on the other. It also seems to only happen when I am trying to post a comment to a video from the general video page. Meaning I am not on the video's dedicated page but watching from videos/latest and just clicking on the comments tab- only applicable when the video in question is the latest posted and automatically on top of the videos/latest page list.

I am able to correct the issue by closing and relaunching Firefox.

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By north6

This happens almost every time I try to post something. Pretty annoying.

Edit - just tried in Firefox, Google Chrome, and Edge, same issue in all three. Trying to post to part 2 of MGS video. I'm not able to correct it by closing / relaunching anything.

I am 100% confident this is caused by what the above poster said - not being on the video's dedicated page, i.e. this only seems to happen when on the http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/metal-gear-scanlon/ page, when going to http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/metal-gear-scanlon-v-part-02/2300-10705/ I'm able to post without issue.