Stream archives not on /videos API endpoint

Orbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Orbi

Recently (as of this week?) some stream archives are not appearing on the /videos API endpoint. They still appear under their respective shows but are just missing from /videos. Given archives now go up very quickly after streams end, I'm guessing there was some workflow change that precipitated this. Are we now meant to use shows instead of an unfiltered video feed (i.e. /videos being deprecated) or is this just a bug?

edit: I'm slightly wrong, archives do eventually appear in /videos but not concurrent with when they go up on the site.

HansGr00ber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HansGr00ber

They're also not showing up on the RSS feeds which I guess is connected

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes, I can confirm this is an issue. I had to manually add them on my site.

Calling @rorie@wcarle

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They're also not showing up on the RSS feeds which I guess is connected

I was just coming to report that yeah, bunch of videos are missing from the rss feeds. Seems like this could be related.

OneFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same issue here. The shows aren’t showing up on the Xbox GB app so definitely an API issue.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

There seems to be more than one issue reported here, though possibly related.

1. Die Another Friday 12 and Altered Beast 10 are not under Latest or Premium on the website, but are under their respective show pages. These are the same videos that also do not appear for the API endpoint.
  2. As @hansgr00ber mentioned, they're also not in the Premium RSS feed. But there's a bigger issue there, because Playdate: Some RPGs and UPF 03/01/2019 also do not show up even though those are fine on the website and API endpoint.
stratofarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same issue here!

simonk83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V_Ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, having the same issue. Streams just aren't showing up - didn't even realize there was that RPG stream with dave until I checked the site!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update on the rss feed issue specifically, Die Another Friday 12 and This is the Run AB 10 popped in there today. However, no sign of latest UPF or the RPG Playdate.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By rorie

Thanks for the heads up, we'll look into it!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UPF and RPG Playdate showed up on RSS feed too, so assuming it all works right and in time going forward that part of the issue is now settled.

No idea about the other part though.

processr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this issue also relate to download links not immediately populating on stream archives? (See comments on latest RE2 Playdate and This Is The Run)

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@processr said:

Does this issue also relate to download links not immediately populating on stream archives? (See comments on latest RE2 Playdate and This Is The Run)

We recently made a change that will let us put up a VOD immediately after a stream ends for anyone who wants to watch it in a browser; the video still has to be encoded at various bitrates before the download options will appear, which can take a while. It's not super clear that that's what's going on right now, which is a little confusing, but I'm going to see if I can make that a bit more obvious.

HansGr00ber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The latest This is the Run (ep 12) seems to have got lost somewhere in the system too.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hansgr00ber: The upload just got busted on that one; the issue should be resolved now I think.

HansGr00ber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks @rorie, yep it looks like it's all fixed.

smek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it could be made so the download specific rss don't populate until there is a valid link that would be great.

ATM my rss gets the feed with blank links for these specific files and never updates as its already gotten the item with that name :(

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the two streams today just never made it to our encoder and I'm not sure why. I'll ping some people but not sure anyone is around on Friday night.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

@rorie said:

I think the two streams today just never made it to our encoder and I'm not sure why. I'll ping some people but not sure anyone is around on Friday night.

Thanks for the updates (on Twitter as well) :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like UPF is again missing from this video feed at least. https://www.giantbomb.com/feeds/video/

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I know the feed speaks for itself, but yeah, I can confirm that the RSS isn't working properly and, in this instance, is missing UPF from this past week. Hope I can get back to enjoying more of the de facto voices in video games soon!

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Just trying to bump this again so it gets some attention, I also noticed that the latest UPF doesn't appear to be in any of the premium video feeds.

EricSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: This is the Run 14 is still missing as well. Most East Coast streams seem to be at least 12 hours behind on getting into RSS.

It normally isn't a huge problem, but I watch most of my stuff through Xbox, and the main site doesn't really work with the browser. You either watch on the site player and it buffers constantly (I have 300/30 internet, so it shouldn't be an issue), or if you watch using the internal video player, if you pause and walk away for 5-10 minutes, you get an error message saying "video not decoded" or something. That happens on PS4, too.

Akamai just doesn't like having to keep the connection going, or something.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ericsmith: I will try to figure this out; sorry for the trouble.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of the old missing videos have now popped on the feeds it seems. The latest pokemonday night combat is the exception, it doesn't show up in the mashup feed (maybe because it's still a vod?) but shows up in the all videos feed (even though it's still a vod). On the flipside the all videos feed already shows a video that's live right now. ?‍♀

I really hope that the feeds are on the docket for some kind of overhaul sooner rather than later. It's just an incredibly inconsistent experience and lately I can't even trust that the feeds have all the shows. And don't even get me started about how the mashup feed has 4 different entries for the bombcast now.

simonk83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it's still wonky.

I can't seem to find TITR - Altered Beast 15, and the video file for the current Playdate is missing

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mostly use the unofficial Firestick app and the phone Video Buddy to watch content so this has definitely been a frustrating issue. Seems to take much longer than before for files to be available even if the listing is there.

Recognise the change has helped people watch in browser quicker but would be good to get the best of both worlds.

Thanks for looking into it!

HansGr00ber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any chance while RSS feeds are being looked into to make one for the 8000kbit videos? Pretty please.

villan8755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnymcginley: I do the same. I work away from the city so my internet connection is pretty weak. I download any new content at home before I head out. I hope this gets fixed soon.