The live video being bigger than the window it's in

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1 sombre  Online

I know we've had this problem for almost 5 years now, probably longer. Have we ever received any information if this is being considered? As in, if you disable the chat and have no side tabs open, the video doesn't fit on the screen. If you don't have the video "Fullscreen", it's too big for the window.

And for someone that NEVER has chat on, for OBVIOUS REASONS, this is really frustrating. I feel like we've asked about this for years, but never heard anything about it.

Any ideas pals?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't really have this issue, because I'm either watching it live so I have it full screen, or listening live, so I have it the chat up, or I'm watching and engaging in the chat. I assume it is something that is probably harder to do than it seems on the surface level.

I'm more curious why you NEVER have chat on for OBVIOUS REASONS?

In my experience with the chat here, it's mostly been pretty okay? Damn near saintly compared to most chats on some popular streaming programs.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sombre  Online

@sethmode said:

I don't really have this issue, because I'm either watching it live so I have it full screen, or listening live, so I have it the chat up, or I'm watching and engaging in the chat. I assume it is something that is probably harder to do than it seems on the surface level.

I'm more curious why you NEVER have chat on for OBVIOUS REASONS?

In my experience with the chat here, it's mostly been pretty okay? Damn near saintly compared to most chats on some popular streaming programs.

I don't want anything to do with any chat, on any website ever, because it's just people spamming emoticons and in jokes 24/7

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: What browser do you use? If you're using Firefox, you can use its built-in picture-in-picture option that will pop the video out into its own window, and resize it to cover the window that originally had the page open. You would then see the video the full size of the window without seeing chat. The problem with that is that the video will always be in the foreground, so it's not a good option for a single monitor setup. Works great for dual monitor setups, though.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@sombre said:

I know we've had this problem for almost 5 years now, probably longer. Have we ever received any information if this is being considered? As in, if you disable the chat and have no side tabs open, the video doesn't fit on the screen. If you don't have the video "Fullscreen", it's too big for the window.

And for someone that NEVER has chat on, for OBVIOUS REASONS, this is really frustrating. I feel like we've asked about this for years, but never heard anything about it.

Any ideas pals?

Yep, noticed this again today. I know I've raised the issue before but I will see if someone can look into it.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sombre  Online

@rorie said:
@sombre said:

Any ideas pals?

Yep, noticed this again today. I know I've raised the issue before but I will see if someone can look into it.

Appreciate it

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Throwing my hat in for this idea. I've taken to minimizing chat to a sliver, and then scrolling down slightly so it doesn't auto-scroll with new comments.

soulmanim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A browser fill or theater mode for the live stream would be great!

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sombre  Online

Still no feedback?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I believe we are now working on a new chat layout entirely which will hopefully resolve this issue. I don't have an ETA on when that's due but I've seen wireframes so hopefully not an incredibly long time.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sombre  Online

@rorie said:

I believe we are now working on a new chat layout entirely which will hopefully resolve this issue. I don't have an ETA on when that's due but I've seen wireframes so hopefully not an incredibly long time.

Cool man, thanks for the update :)

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sombre  Online

Maybe I need a different resolution, but I still have this issue

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sombre  Online

The video is still bigger than the window

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sombre  Online

This is still ongoing.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sombre  Online

The video is still too big

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I appreciate the timestamp timeline of this support ticket

Avatar image for butterednoodles
butterednoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely an issue I've noticed before. My workaround is usually to just toggle polls or something that isn't gonna update constantly. I don't have the same issues with chat as OP, but I just don't have any interest in participating in chat for most streams. I do agree that a fix for this would be dope though!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Definitely an issue I've noticed before. My workaround is usually to just toggle polls or something that isn't gonna update constantly. I don't have the same issues with chat as OP, but I just don't have any interest in participating in chat for most streams. I do agree that a fix for this would be dope though!

This is my exact workaround as well; turning on polls or replies.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sombre  Online

This is still ongoing

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers