Trouble with Xbox One App

clutch414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hi,

I upgraded my premium membership from monthly to yearly and now I’m getting the error message video (the one Jeff narrates that says my credentials can’t be verified) on the Xbox One third party app. The videos are selectable and I was able to watch the live Bombcast feed, I just can’t watch premium videos.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By frytup

But you can watch and download premium videos on the site?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

did you try signing out of the app and loging back in?

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait there's a GB Xbox app? Why isn't it on the store? Do you have to jailbreak or something for it?

Just search the app store for "Giant Bomb Video Player".

Lucifunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having a consistent issue where videos are showing watched or midstream. On the site itself or the Android Video Bomb app they are unwatched or where I left them. For instance I loaded the app up today and the FF15 Windows Edition QL is up and the first time I've seen it in the site, Android app, or Xbox app and it is showing it halfway through and will start there as well. I've refreshed with X with no change and I've went in and changed the API key with no changes. I love the app otherwise, it's the easiest way for me to watch live streams on my TV. I would be concerned my credentials were in the wild if it didn't behave normally in all the other methods of watching GB content.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By htr10

@lucifunk:

I have had the same issue for a while now. Not sure what to make of it.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hey, apologies for not getting back to this sooner. This is usually caused by an account being incorrectly set as a free trial when upgrading (or actually being in a Free Trial, which doesn't allow for downloading, which is what apps use to stream videos). I can fix it pretty easily if this is still happening for anyone in this thread, but it's quicker if you get in touch via support at giantbomb.com.

greased_ltng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andythemez: This is news to me too! I don't recall an announcement of having an app on the Xbox One!