Video player is all messed up

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I've been having a lot of difficulty with watching videos on the site recently. I usually use the streaming option but videos have started jumping back and forth, hanging on the load bar or constantly switching quality. I tried progressive but that has proven even worse with videos just hanging on a single frame for minutes at a time while the audio still plays. Watching stuff on Youtube has become my only option and this would be fine but it means I miss out on premium stuff unless I watch it live.

I am currently using Firefox.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

I have the same issue with chrome, for whatever reason streaming quality has the habit of putting the quality down to what i assume is the lowest setting for large portions of the video.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Osaladin

The video freezing is happening quite a lot for me too, and it's just started to skip randomly, and I know it's not my connection.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@sear said:

I'm finding it very common for video to either freeze up for a few seconds or jump back in time a moment or two and replay what I just saw. Didn't happen a few weeks ago.

This issue sounds familiar, although I thought it was more my browser or connection than the site (YouTube has video issues, too).

And I might as well mention that the bug I describe at the bottom of this thread is still in effect. I'd have posted there, but the double posting rule prevents that.

Avatar image for presidentofjellybeans
PresidentOfJellybeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I don't know if I'm just missing an option here, but videos always starting at MAX VOLUME is quite annoying. Seriously.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Osaladin

A new thing that's happening to me is the video randomly finishes playing in the middle of the video, then when I click play it takes me back to the beginning of the video. This is super duper annoying considering how the seek isn't precise and I have to end up watching like a minute of video again. It's not the biggest deal in the world, but it's just another unnecessary thing to put up with.

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Stimpack

@osaladin said:

A new thing that's happening to me is the video randomly finishes playing in the middle of the video, then when I click play it takes me back to the beginning of the video. This is super duper annoying considering how the seek isn't precise and I have to end up watching like a minute of video again. It's not the biggest deal in the world, but it's just another unnecessary thing to put up with.

I've certainly run into this problem for many months now. It sucks, but I'm kind of just getting used to it by now. I don't say this to excuse the issue, though, it's still a total pain in the ass.

ashaman456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ashaman456

@osaladin said:

I've been running into this same issue a lot lately.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So I found out that I had conflicting Flash Player installs which was causing the issue I was mentioning. I disabled one of the installs and now everything runs fine. I've also started using chrome. Hopefully this helps someone else.