Videos in Chrome Not Loading and Other Weird Stuff

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

The videos in Chrome aren't loading but I just checked on Edge and it seems to work fine. Also comments aren't loading by default (I have to hit load comments) and the comment box is missing image files. And hitting things like "Img" doesn't bring up the little pop up menu to select one. The only reason I was even able to do things like add images here and make things bold is because I used Microsoft Edge...

There might be other weird things going on but I just didn't notice it yet.

Chrome version: 59.0.3071.104 64bits

Extensions: I have the default ones that come with chrome and I have a norton security and the GB emote app for live chat. I just unenabled both of those (Norton and the GB one) and reset chrome but it's still a problem.

NOTE: I have already uninstalled and reinstalled chrome. I did keep my browser data though when I did it.

This is a problem on all videos. Below is a screen shot of one video page and what I see.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Thanks!

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Anything on this? I'm still can't watch anything on GB on Chrome, and I actually can't comment on anything on Chrome either.

iruga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've been running into this problem no videos loading on chrome tried edge and brave same thing. Uninstalled chrome cleared cache still won't play.

noble_yorik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am now running into this issue as of two days ago. I did not have any problems before then other than some periodic buffering issues. I am currently running windows 8 using chrome as my browser (though I did try to running the videos through internet explorer and experienced the same issue)

So at the moment every video I try to run on GB either says "Loading Video" or shows no play icon/message at all.

Not sure what is causing the issue, I have not made any changes to my pc lately, and I can still play the same videos in question when I pull them up on Utube

noble_yorik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I realized the reason for my problem as soon as i finished posting. For some reason, probably due to a chrome update, the adobe plugin for chrome changed its default setting to block all videos and ask for permission to play. I guess for some reason the request to load videos message does not pop for GB.

The fix is easy, go to the GB home page and click on the image of the green lock icon before the url then change the settings for flash and popups to always be allowed for the site.

lawl3rbawl3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too am now getting the same problem. I have allowed flash on gaintbomb and still have the same problem.

santiagocr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had the same problem in Firefox and Chrome. Solved it by disabling uBlock for the site.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lettuceman44

Just here to confirm.

Having this issue on Edge, with ublock. Turning ublock off works.

lawl3rbawl3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lawl3rbawl3r

I didn't know you could disable uBlock per site until now. This worked for me.

TheMadMan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had the same issue for the last few days. Chrome didn't work, Edge did. Disabling uBlock on Chrome solved the issue.

Bobafeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Had this issue as well for the weekend. Disabled uBlock for Chrome and it's working now.

thrillhowse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thrillhowse

@bobafeet: Had this issue for the last week or two, doing that worked - thanks for the tip!