Videos Stopped Working on PS4

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've been using the PlayStation 4 to play GB videos in glorious full-screen on my TV for the past year or so. My premium membership expired a couple days ago, I re-subbed today...and now videos won't play. They just stay black forever.

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By UncleDisco

Sounds weird. I was using mine less than 24 hours ago, to watch the lastest Metal Gear Scanlon. The screen does stay black for a while, but it's less than 15 seconds.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Same here, it seems like a 50% split of when it will work when it won't. I'll tell you what works for me, I will press triangle and go to the address bar and hit R2 to "go", just refreshing the page doesn't work for me. It can take 2,5, or 10 attempts for the video to load using this technique but it always loaded eventually for me

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Same here, it seems like a 50% split of when it will work when it won't. I'll tell you what works for me, I will press triangle and go to the address bar and hit R2 to "go", just refreshing the page doesn't work for me. It can take 2,5, or 10 attempts for the video to load using this technique but it always loaded eventually for me

Yeah, that's the same workaround I'm using.

This has been happening for me for about a month or so now.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By EthanielRain

I cleared the PS4's cookies/cache/history and it's worked fine again since. Thanks for the feedback/workarounds though, and good luck with this sometimes finicky way to play GB's vids :)