#1 Posted by vegetashonor (636 posts) -

First off, I found out that I'm not the only one who has this problem here, but it didn't garner much attention, so I am attempting to post my previous message again. Here it is...

"Samsung Galaxy S3 here"...I'm not sure if this is a problem others are experiencing or not, but on the side bar, I can't select any of the "drop down" options. For example, if I select "podcasts" I can only go to the main bombcast page and cannot select from any other content. The same for videos and forums. It's REALLY unfortunate. Is there a fix coming? Am I the only one??? Thanks guys.

#2 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

I've been having some issues lately with the drop down menu as well. But on the iPhone.

#3 Edited by RonGalaxy (3222 posts) -
#4 Posted by vegetashonor (636 posts) -

@breadfan: @naru_joe93: This seems to have gone unnoticed by the techs. I really cant get to anything I need to when not around my computer. The only work around I have found is by typing the name of the show on google, and going through that. It is literally toooo much of a hassle.

#5 Posted by mindgarden418 (59 posts) -

Same issue here on an S4.

#6 Posted by AlexW00d (6308 posts) -

I'll be honest I didn't even know there was a drop down. Mobile site now is so much worse than the old one, they should have just stayed with it really

#7 Posted by Humanity (9604 posts) -

While we're at it what's going on with the site overall? Is anyone even left to work on it? Some issues have stuck around since launch while new ones seen to pop up intermittently. We gave up quests, achievement tracking and a working mobile site for a modern page layout that throws up errors half the time.

It's gotten to the point where if I get an error I know the post/review/blog probably went through anyway.

#8 Posted by mrcraggle (1956 posts) -

The mobile site needs major work especially if you're a Windows Phone user where videos just do not work unless you're a subscriber so you're given the option to stream through the download option. The drop-down being broken right now is worse though as you can't access any of the podcasts, only the most current one. The most current forum posts at the bottom of the site also seems to randomly appear and disappear too. So many of these issues have been brought up in the bug reporting section of the forums yet go unchanged. I'm guessing right now, the engineers are focusing towards the redesign of Gamespot and other stuff rather than GB.

#9 Posted by EVO (3919 posts) -

Yeah, the mobile site needs attention. You can't even quote people.

#10 Posted by Pezen (1635 posts) -

The only issue I have with the mobile site (iOS) is that when you open the side bar, it is stuck and you can't scroll. If you try, you'll inadvertently select something on that menu. So you have to close it, open it again and that's when you can scroll it and select where you're actually going. Didn't use to, it's a pretty recent issue.

#11 Edited by jimmy_p (278 posts) -

iOS with latest Chrome, cant use dropdown menus either. And there is no reason why only two video/news items fit on a page at once and only one when holding the phone sideways. Does it really need to be so zoomed in?

#12 Posted by alanm26v5 (459 posts) -

This probably needs moved to the bug reporting forum. Also yeah, I can't use the drop downs on my phone, though when resizing my browser on PC, they work fine.

#13 Posted by vegetashonor (636 posts) -

@alanm26v5: Your right, and thanks. It's a frustrating issue.

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

I do believe rorie hinted that the engineer team is currently pretty bogged down with work. My guess is comic vine stuff.

#15 Posted by beepmachine (618 posts) -

Just reporting the same issue here.

#16 Posted by chilibean_3 (1657 posts) -

Weird. It appears to be adding additional question marks to your questions.

Yeah, just checked and same thing is happening in Chrome for iPhone.

#17 Posted by Rorie (3117 posts) -

Yep, there's a lot of issues with the dropdowns on the mobile (and live) sites. I believe they're all bugged and are waiting for some engineering love. Sorry for the trouble.

Staff
#18 Posted by Rorie (3117 posts) -

The dropdowns should be working now. Sorry for the trouble.

Staff