The Blog Post about all the stuck Blog Posts

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Edited By mike

If you all hadn't noticed yet, there is a "feature" which leaves blog posts that are published to the forums virtually pinned to the top until they get a reply.  You won't see this in the newest topics feed - you need to go into the individual main forums like Off Topic or General to see this.  Take a look at this:

Bug
Bug

You'll see that the feature/bug leaves blog posts published to forums pinned at the top of the list of topics until they get at least one reply.  Please help keep the forums clutter-free by posting replies to these blogs when you see them, at least until it's fixed.  In theory this is a nice idea to ensure that blogs get exposure, but when there are 15+ five day old blog posts in General discussion pinned to the top of the board, that constitutes a problem. 

Thanks!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mike

If you all hadn't noticed yet, there is a "feature" which leaves blog posts that are published to the forums virtually pinned to the top until they get a reply.  You won't see this in the newest topics feed - you need to go into the individual main forums like Off Topic or General to see this.  Take a look at this:

Bug
Bug

You'll see that the feature/bug leaves blog posts published to forums pinned at the top of the list of topics until they get at least one reply.  Please help keep the forums clutter-free by posting replies to these blogs when you see them, at least until it's fixed.  In theory this is a nice idea to ensure that blogs get exposure, but when there are 15+ five day old blog posts in General discussion pinned to the top of the board, that constitutes a problem. 

Thanks!

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By thordain

very well.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

Thanks for the info...this has been a problem for a while, but I didn't know that replying would "fix" it. What could be called post-whoring can now be called "serious business"!

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

And with all the crappy blog posts, I could see how this could be a problem.....

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By weltal
MB said:

You'll see that the bug leaves blog posts published to forums pinned at the top of the list of topics until they get at least one reply. 

No, no. This isn't a bug.... it's an *Ahem* Feature! Yeah! It's to make the community a more friendly place and to make sure no blog goes without a single post!
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mike
Weltal said:
"MB said:

You'll see that the bug leaves blog posts published to forums pinned at the top of the list of topics until they get at least one reply. 

No, no. This isn't a bug.... it's an *Ahem* Feature! Yeah! It's to make the community a more friendly place and to make sure no blog goes without a single post!"
Yeah...well be that as it may, when General Discussion is full of about 15 blog posts and no other posts can be seen, it's no longer a feature and is now a bug.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail

I had noticed it. Damn bugs...

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By sweep  Moderator

to avoid that weird pixxelation you are getting on that ScreenCap you need to save as a PNG file instead of a JPEG.

I promise to comment on more blogs MB.

*salutes*

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Palantas
twswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By twswordsman

thanks for info

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose

If you don't mind, i'm going to steal this blog and post it on AV.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By singular

I was wondering why my blog posts kept sticking at the top. That wasn't my intention. Good to know. I'll post a reply myself next time to immediatly unlock it after setting it up.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Optiow

It sounds weird, it must be fixed!