Dark Souls II Coming to PC on April 25th

• 72 results
winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Pre-ordered for $40. A month and a half seems like a pretty decent wait at this point, but I'd rather do that than buy it on PS3 first, only to get it on PC down the road.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@adequatelyprepared said:

NINETY AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS? Jesus.

Anyway, I am a reasonable man, and I already pre-ordered the PS3 version for 60 dollars. This totally won't end up with me buying the PC version as well.

I hear it's more than 100 Australian dollars if you wear thongs.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@super2j said:
@hunkulese said:

So I thought I'd give greenmangaming a shot. Bought South Park which got me a $13 dollar credit and they have a 20% code on their front page. Pre ordered Dark Souls II for $27

you gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, 40.00$ is a great price to take a chance on a brand new highly anticipated (by me) game. Lets hope it runs well...

It's a Japanese console title being ported to PC by a team of admittedly inexperienced people when it comes to PC gaming - whats the worst that could happen?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@captain_felafel:

I was actually really surprised at this price. The only company that tries pulling these sorts of prices digitally is Activision for their CoD series, which fortunately I never touch. Non-steam, every game sells for about 80-90 dollars.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_felafel:

I was actually really surprised at this price. The only company that tries pulling these sorts of prices digitally is Activision for their CoD series, which fortunately I never touch. Non-steam, every game sells for about 80-90 dollars.

Yeah, $90 is pretty steep. That's little more than $82 US, which is a LOT. But, I suppose when you take into account the difference between the US and Australian minimum wage, it kind of evens out a little bit? I'm not trying to justify it, but recently having learned that you Aussies have a minimum wage twice as much as us Yanks, I can't help but feel a little envious, even if you do have to put up with more expensive, overly-censored games.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Ezekiel
@humanity said:
@super2j said:
@hunkulese said:

So I thought I'd give greenmangaming a shot. Bought South Park which got me a $13 dollar credit and they have a 20% code on their front page. Pre ordered Dark Souls II for $27

you gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, 40.00$ is a great price to take a chance on a brand new highly anticipated (by me) game. Lets hope it runs well...

It's a Japanese console title being ported to PC by a team of admittedly inexperienced people when it comes to PC gaming - whats the worst that could happen?

That's not quite right.

Q: The demo presented during the event ran on PC. This means there is also a PC version developed in-house?

A: The version shown before the interview actually ran on PC. If the first Dark Souls was adapted from consoles to PC, this time, it's the opposite. The PC version serves as a base from which the warranty is adaptations consoles. Clearly, the game is being developed simultaneously on different machines directly internally.

Relieved to know my CPU and GPU are only a little below recommended. Edit: I was wrong. My GPU is slightly better!

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Christoffer

It wasn't too long ago I finished Dark Souls, so I have no problem waiting a few months for the PC version.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Karkarov

@afabs515 said:

I joined the Dark Souls community over a year after it came out. I missed the sense of exploration and discovery because every time I got stuck, a guide was readily available for me. So I want to pick this one up as soon as possible so I'm just as screwed as everyone else. Waiting even a month is too much for me, so I have my 360 copy preordered on Amazon. Can't wait for it to show up exactly one week from today!

Just to throw this out there but the hype train namco is building and the fact that they are giving early release copies to tons of popular dark souls youtubers/many of the people who helped write their Dark Souls and euro release Demon's Souls strategy guides only means one thing..... All that guide and info you want to avoid is still going to be available day 1/first week on PS3/360 release anyway.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

NINETY AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS? Jesus.

Anyway, I am a reasonable man, and I already pre-ordered the PS3 version for 60 dollars. This totally won't end up with me buying the PC version as well.

We can buy an NA code from Green Man Gaming for $40 from Australia ($50 + 20% off code on the front page). I'm not sure how long it'll stay up so I did just that! It feels a bit like cheating, but no way am I paying $90 for a digital game code...

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

@afabs515 said:

I joined the Dark Souls community over a year after it came out. I missed the sense of exploration and discovery because every time I got stuck, a guide was readily available for me. So I want to pick this one up as soon as possible so I'm just as screwed as everyone else. Waiting even a month is too much for me, so I have my 360 copy preordered on Amazon. Can't wait for it to show up exactly one week from today!

Just to throw this out there but the hype train namco is building and the fact that they are giving early release copies to tons of popular dark souls youtubers/many of the people who helped write their Dark Souls and euro release Demon's Souls strategy guides only means one thing..... All that guide and info you want to avoid is still going to be available day 1/first week on PS3/360 release anyway.

But you won't hear about the drake sword and O&S equivalent through osmosis until at least a week after launch. You'll have to seek that information out until it becomes part of the common dark souls 2 knowledge. A process that will be over when the PC version comes out.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@humanity said:

@super2j said:
@hunkulese said:

well, I didnt trust Revengeance's pc port and that thing turned out to be an amazingly optimized game. I could run that thing at higher settings than usual. So I decided to give Dark souls 2 a chance.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By geirr

My wild rock'n roll theory is that they were holding back the PC release knowing that a lot of people would buy both versions of the game. Yeah right.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_felafel:

Yeah, $90 is pretty steep. That's little more than $82 US, which is a LOT. But, I suppose when you take into account the difference between the US and Australian minimum wage, it kind of evens out a little bit? I'm not trying to justify it, but recently having learned that you Aussies have a minimum wage twice as much as us Yanks, I can't help but feel a little envious, even if you do have to put up with more expensive, overly-censored games.

And now its 70 dollars in Australia, que? I wonder if there is a whole line of pissed off early buyers now demanding the 20 dollars back. Never seen a sudden price change like that for a pre-purchase.
In response to your question, I am a 20-year-old University student who just has a casual job once or twice a week, so I'm not really in a position to comment on the prices compared to the minimum wage.
I do know that there were some investigations done specifically for software pricing, from games to stuff like Photoshop, with many pointing the finger at companies for keeping jacked up prices just because most Australian's don't know any better about what reasonable prices.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plenty of time to reconsider my purchase.

I'm going back and forth on whether to buy this game. I loved Demon's Souls, but as much as I finished Dark Souls more than once I just never took to it the same way. I might just experience this game by watching others play it, preferably Vinny. Though yeah, watching it will probably just compel me to buy it, eventually.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, I just did it. I cancelled my PS 3 pre-order, and 1) bought the Stick of truth, and 2) pre-ordered DS 2 on Steam. It was actually kind of hard, but I will be a big boy!

:(... sniff.

It doesn't hurt that I am at the beginning of demon souls. :) And marginally also I am not real happy w/ the PS 3 controller, but not wanting to spring for the PS 4 newer version (which I have heard good things about)

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

@afabs515 said:

But you won't hear about the drake sword and O&S equivalent through osmosis until at least a week after launch. You'll have to seek that information out until it becomes part of the common dark souls 2 knowledge. A process that will be over when the PC version comes out.

If you play online there will be soul signs all over anything like the drake sword etc etc unless you get there before everyone else in the community... and I doubt you will. There has always only been one way to play these games "spoiler free", that is offline, with no guide, and not reading any posts or stories about them on the internet. That will be the same on release day as well as april 25th. I can wait for the cheaper, and likely better, version of the game.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By pyrodactyl

@karkarov said:

@pyrodactyl said:

@karkarov said:

@afabs515 said:

If you play online there will be soul signs all over anything like the drake sword etc etc unless you get there before everyone else in the community... and I doubt you will. There has always only been one way to play these games "spoiler free", that is offline, with no guide, and not reading any posts or stories about them on the internet. That will be the same on release day as well as april 25th. I can wait for the cheaper, and likely better, version of the game.

You're giving the messages way to much credit. First, they're luck based since you can't reliably get the useful ones to show up. Second, half the messages are people trolling, especialy when the game just came out. Third, you can only say so much with a bunch of prefab sentences. Super different than ''everyone knows you buy a bow and arrows, shoot that dragon in the tail and get a broken weapon'' and ''everyone knows there is couple of archers in anor londo who are a pain in the ass followed by the hardess boss in the game''.

You can wait for the PC release, I can't and that's fine. It's just that I won't have to dodge bombcast/8-4 play/other website landmines for a month and a half.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its ok .. i happily wait extra for the PC version. especially if they have put as much work into it as theyve been promising . . it will be the best experience.

i swapped to PC half way through my 360 run, and it increased the immersion levels 10x , the higher framerate was absolutely needed

ike7779

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By ike7779

Just ordered a new PC for Dark Souls II, so hopefully it should arrive and be up and running by the time the game is released. PS3 version for now.

My old Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz + 8880 GTX probably could have played Dark Souls II reasonably well based on the min requirements they just released. They are the same as listed for the original Dark Souls and that game plays passably on my current PC.

niyoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great news about the confirmation of the April 25th release date. Bad news about the price, ugh. It's a whopping $80 on Steam in the Japan region. Sucks to be living here for game prices.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@niyoko said:

Great news about the confirmation of the April 25th release date. Bad news about the price, ugh. It's a whopping $80 on Steam in the Japan region. Sucks to be living here for game prices.

Wow! It's $49.99 here in America. So happy I live in America and always get great game prices! Why would it be so expensive in Japan? I mean, it's a Japanese game.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#72  Edited By tourgen

I'm waiting for PC. There will be a whole second wave of people starting out on the PC version so it's not like in going to miss out on playing alongside a crowd. The fact that the PC is the primary platform meas it will be the most immersive and atmospheric version. That's what I want.

The guide book ships and arrives to everyone tomorrow so everything is 100% spoiled day 0 anyway. It's not hard to avoid that information but it's also not a good reason to buy the PS3 version now.

MarvinPontiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My gameplan is get the 360 version (prefer the controller), walk around the happy dark souls world, taking in the cool sights, sounds, and learning what bridges I'll get kicked in the ass off of. Then I'll grab it on PC, make a new build that makes more sense, and have some idea of what certain things / stats do. By the time I got around to playing Dark Souls, I had a lot of things spoiled through osmosis. Interested to get dropped into this game with no fucking idea and see how that feels.