Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Poll Deadly Premonition ER (338 votes)

BR 15%
VJ 84%

The only video series on the site that I haven't seen yet is the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run. But there are 2 different versions. I don't really have the time or the interest to watch both.

Which one is better?

• 
Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zeik

Brad and Ryan. Hearing Ryan's hot takes on the stuff that happened in that game was one of the best things about that Endurance Run.

A Ryan/Vinny duo would have made that ER perfect.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If you're only going for one then VJ is the best to go, since that combo is just magical. But that being said, I'm happy that I watched both, since BR actually lets you follow along with the bonkers story much better than VJ does. BR also has a lot of great moments of Brad being Brad and Ryan taunting him to no end, so IMO both are classics.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragon_puncher: Knowing how I go to GB videos when i'm bored, I'll probably watch both eventually. If it was Brad with Jeff and Ryan with Vinny, I wouldn't even be asking this question.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started watching this again last night, and then this thread appears. Consider me spooked...

VJ first, come back for BR.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're both fantastic, but VJ wins by a hair.

You should totally watch BR at some point too for sure.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I vote VJ but Brad Ryan is still really good and has some great moments. I enjoyed the end of BR more and how they reacted to the story. At the least I would try to seek out the big story beats and see how Ryan and Brad react to them because it's pretty great.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Both are great, I think the better team is VJ but BR had the more enthusiasm with the game (even though Brad hates the game the most post ERs).

I alternate watching them every year or two.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By The_Ruiner

Vinny and Jeff are always preferred in all things. They just make a great comedy team.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

VJ for sure; I still have never made it through BR after trying several times.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I didn't make it very far into the BR version, but I mainlined the VJ version. Maybe I'll give it another go.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By odinsmana

I have watched the VJ 3 times, but never made it more than a few episodes into BR so I would definetly recomend VJ.

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it took me almost 3 years off and on to finally finish watching the p4 ER. take your time, enjoy both. no hurry, they'll still be there when you come back.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VJ. Just ask my magic hat.

The_Patriarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Watch the first half of the game with Vinny and Jeff, then the second half with Brad and Ryan. Brad and Ryan start off a bit grumpy and sick of the controls, but their enthusiasm for the game builds, especially in the second half of the game. Vinny and Jeff are more fun at first, but they burn out on the game as it goes on.

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kon1312 said:

I've watched them both simultaneously... best experience in my mind... <3

Agreed. That's how I did it, so it didn't feel like watching the game through twice, and getting to see the different reactions and different things each team did was great. Ryan getting fed up with Brad during the wall-lady sequence was great. And there is some batshit crazy stuff that only VJ or BR encountered. There are so many strange things in this game.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

How excited Ryan got when- God I miss that guy.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VJ was better but watch both, they are fantastic.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Confession time, I've watched damn near everything on this site but only a couple episodes of the Brad/Ryan run. I will watch it eventually but the Vinny Jeff combo is hard to beat.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zeik

Hearing so many people didn't even bother to watch the BR endurance run makes me super sad.

Ryan's enthusiasm for some of those ridiculous story twists near the end are some of my favorite memories of him on this site.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...this is making me want to watch the ER again.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While there are more goofy fun in the VJ, but I prefer the BR because while Brad certainly complains about the gameplay, both of them get pretty into the story.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pekoe212 said:

@kon1312 said:

Agreed. That's how I did it, so it didn't feel like watching the game through twice, and getting to see the different reactions and different things each team did was great. Ryan getting fed up with Brad during the wall-lady sequence was great. And there is some batshit crazy stuff that only VJ or BR encountered. There are so many strange things in this game.

Also agreed. I simply watched the episodes from both as they came out back in the day, and I think you'd lose something by only watching one of them or even watching one to completion and then the other. Watching all episodes in the order they were uploaded is the only way I can recommend.

How fucked up is it that that was over 6 years ago?

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched BR to it's conclusion. It tends to make me want to rewatch VJ once again.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I wouldn't swap watching Ryan get increasingly frustrated with Brad for anything.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are very good for different reasons. I guess I slightly prefer BR since Ryan actually paying attention to the story, and being interested in the game. But watching them both side by side is in my book the way to go. It's interesting how they tackle stuff differently. Sure, BR got some frustrating parts, for example the first wall lady.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I still like BR better because Ryan was the one most into the game.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Vinny and Jeff is like a buddy cop vibe.

Brad and Ryan keeps you constantly on the edge of your seat.

Murdoc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed both, it was interesting to go through them, but Vin and Jef are the greatest team.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VJ for me. I'm glad I watched both but if I had to choose only one to rewatch it would be that.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kon1312 said:
@jp_russell said:

@pekoe212 said:

@kon1312 said:

Also agreed. I simply watched the episodes from both as they came out back in the day, and I think you'd lose something by only watching one of them or even watching one to completion and then the other. Watching all episodes in the order they were uploaded is the only way I can recommend.

How fucked up is it that that was over 6 years ago?

Duuuuuder – 6 years is a loooong time! Now I suddenly remember Jeff stepping out to park his car in a different spot (did he?). They were in the Sausalito Office at that time right?

That was the tail end of their Sausalito days, yeah.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think BR is severely underrated by a lot of people. I'd put it just barely below VJ. But if forced to pick between the two...you just can't beat Vinny and Jeff's chemistry.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rafaelfc

Both are awesome. BR is my favorite, screw the haters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VJ, all day every day. Couldn't get past the fourth episode of BR. And I tried several times before. Maybe Ryan was enthusiastic about the game but hearing Brad bitch and moan constantly pushed me away from it. It was simply not fun for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from a few moments where Brad made me want to throw myself off a cliff I really like the BR version.

Never know what Brad is going to do. He can get shit done, he can spend an entire episode fighting one monster. Its a coin flip really.

Buddy900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryan yelling at brad will never get old

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bybeach

@bollard said:

I wouldn't swap watching Ryan get increasingly frustrated with Brad for anything.

Not trying to be contrary because, but that killed my enthusiasm of watching BR-DP. I'm on the last four installments of the VJ, and it is enough feeling Vinny getting sick of the gameplay. They like the story, yes, but... I kind of felt Ryan got too frustrated with Brad. That said, one of the funniest moments is the game starting in combat, and Brad just frozen in place. Obviously his mind had wandered away, and with the zombies coming up Ryan is just FREAKING out. Threatening to leave, blah blah etc. etc. And they did have the giant dog appear in their run.

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MillaJ

I guess I would say VJ. It's consistently hilarious. The BR run is great, too, but Brad spends a lot of time being audibly annoyed not to mention playing in a half-assed manner. He seems less annoyed as they get further in, so if you can deal with that it's actually pretty hilarious especially with Ryan around.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

VJ is better in the beginning but BR surpasses it towards the end I think. Also, BR gets more invested in the story whereas VJ are typically more irreverent.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I finished the VJ version, but only got halfway in BR. So take that as you will.

On a side note, now you got me downloading the rest of BR. Thanks?