Delete: 41 Pages

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By tmthomsen

Nothing to see here! All has been taken care of.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

Regarding the Shining Force III disc, is that a unique release along the lines of Christmas NiGHTS?

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tmthomsen
@Hailinel: Don't know. All the info was puled from http://www.mobygames.com/game/shining-force-iii-premium-disc
tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tmthomsen

I see someone has deleted some of the pages. It would be nice if you could update the list in the manner Marino/mracoon does. If you can't be arsed, I suggest leaving this duty to them.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By mracoon
@TMThomsen:  Actually it was me but I forgot to update the list.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike
@TMThomsen said:
 If you can't be arsed, I suggest leaving this duty to them. "
You should count yourself lucky any of us take the time to do any of this stuff at all. Talking to volunteers like this will only cause them to be disinterested in helping, so please cool it.
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Baillie
@MB: Is there another way to delete said pages?
tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tmthomsen
@MB said:
" @TMThomsen said:
 If you can't be arsed, I suggest leaving this duty to them. "
You should count yourself lucky any of us take the time to do any of this stuff at all. Talking to volunteers like this will only cause them to be disinterested in helping, so please cool it. "
I did not intent to sound mean and for that I am sorry. I know the amount of effort the moderators are putting into this and for that I am thankful. On the other hand I really put a lot of effort into making these lists by adding hundreds of releases, so you'll understand why I'd disapprove of any mishandling of this.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By StarFoxA
@TMThomsen: Just update the post yourself; I've been doing that in my thread. If a mod just posts updates like Marino has been doing ("deleted through #27," etc), then you can just remove those rows.
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#10  Edited By Marino  Staff

Here's a question that may end up causing a riotous debate again.  If we're deleting DLC packs like the BF2 one at the top, which I think we should be deleting, then should we not also get rid of the Borderlands and Fallout 3 DLC packs?  I guess we need to figure out how to draw the line between a DLC pack and an Expansion.  Requiring the original game to qualify as its own page would be going too far I think, cause then we'd be in a mess with a ton of PC games. 

Anyone got any ideas?

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Marino  Staff

I guess what I'm getting at is that if something is DLC, it's still DLC if they put it on a disc and requires the original game to play.  I don't think something like Mad Moxxi's DLC needs its own page when it's already covered on the main game's page and documented in the DLC section. 

And for the Shining Force thing, it should probably just have a paragraph/section about it on the game's page.  I don't think it really counts as its own game.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tmthomsen
@Marino: I see no point in having pages for compilations of DLC, like the Borderlands or Fallout 3 packs. Of course, in the case of Episodes from Liberty City it makes sense since they're brought to the PS3, but generally I don't think they're needed.

Also, I think releases like Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Volume 1 should go as well.

Edit: Just noticed that Episodes from Liberty City is available on PSN as well. It's almost a shame to delete that page; the GTA 4 DLC is so content-rich that they almost deserve their own page. So do we let it be or scrap it and hope we'll be able to make better DLC pages someday?

Edit 2: To be more clear on the Battlefield DLC: the retail release I'm referring to is this one Battlefield 2: Booster Packs Collection. I don't believe the two mentioned booster packs on the list were ever sold separately in retail. (The reason I haven't added the booster collection to the list, was that I thought DLC compilations were allowed.)
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Marino  Staff
@TMThomsen: The Episodes of LC disc is playable by itself too, right?  That's another reason for it staying.  I'm with you on the deletion of XBLA compilations.  They should be handled just like other comps. 

Myself and other mods are currently trying to put together a rule set.  The first thing agreed upon though is that we can't get rid of a "game" if it has achievements.  That's one unavoidable exception to the rules.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#14  Edited By LordAndrew

The Episodes from Liberty City page was created by a staff member. I'm always wary about deleting pages they've created. Still, it's never been clear to me why it was given a page.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tmthomsen
@Marino:  I didn't knew it was playable as a standalone, but it appears you're right.

As for the unofficial compilations, I saw one for Doom getting deleted earlier this week so that's why I've included all I could find on this list. Some of them have already been deleted (#22 - #26), but still a lot remains. Is there any particular reason for that? Just curious.
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Marino  Staff
@TMThomsen: The ones I've seen so far have just been map packs I think.  Plus something seems inherently wrong about giving unofficial stuff a page.
tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tmthomsen

Added 21 more.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers