roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By roushimsx
Jayge said:
"Also, this page needs to be deleted; but before it is, I think it should be investigated for possible points abuse: http://www.giantbomb.com/planescape-tormentbaldurs-gatefallout-2/61-17415/"
Looks like a legitimate release to me.
Mobygames
eBay Auction for the item

Please use Google prior to nominating pages for deletion.

Edit - fleshed out the details a bit more but good lord is it a bitch to find a decent cover scan online. No way am I shelling out the bucks for this thing, either. I'll try to track down someone that has it and ask them if they'd be willing to scan it in.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_
roushimsx said:
"Jayge said:
"Also, this page needs to be deleted; but before it is, I think it should be investigated for possible points abuse: http://www.giantbomb.com/planescape-tormentbaldurs-gatefallout-2/61-17415/"
Looks like a legitimate release to me.
Mobygames
eBay Auction for the item

Please use Google prior to nominating pages for deletion."
That doesn't qualify as its own game page. It should probably be mentioned in the articles for the games, but that was simply a re-release. I knew that. It also doesn't negate the fact that the amount of points one user has on the page is crazily high given the fact that there is no real content to be viewed on it.
roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By roushimsx
Jayge said:
"That doesn't qualify as its own game page. It should probably be mentioned in the articles for the games, but that was simply a re-release. I knew that. It also doesn't negate the fact that the amount of points one user has on the page is crazily high given the fact that there is no real content to be viewed on it."
It's not a rerelease, it's a compilation of multiple games. Compilations warrant their own pages. The users with a lot of points got them from adding concepts and such to the page.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jayge_
roushimsx said:
"Jayge said:
"That doesn't qualify as its own game page. It should probably be mentioned in the articles for the games, but that was simply a re-release. I knew that. It also doesn't negate the fact that the amount of points one user has on the page is crazily high given the fact that there is no real content to be viewed on it."
It's not a rerelease, it's a compilation of multiple games. Compilations warrant their own pages. The users with a lot of points got them from adding concepts and such to the page."
It's a re-release of multiple games. You're arguing semantics. A compilation might be something like an Atari Classics compilation, things that reside on a single disk or multiple disks that run from a unified center. This is simply a re-packaging of multiple games in one *box*, although they are all kept separate and there is a bonus goody or two. It does not need an entire page.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Hamz

I can see Jayge's point aswell as the counter argument to his own regarding that multiple games page. As i've said i have notified a member of Staff regarding that particular page and they can deal with it how they see fit. Lets not argue or debate it anymore please :)

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Lunarbunny

About the Bethesda thing, I haven't taken a look at the articles but if I remember correctly, officially there are two parts of Bethesda, one that deals with the publishing side and one that deals with the development.

EDIT: Double checked, I guess there aren't two official entities, but they do have a second logo for stuff developed in-house. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Softworks#Logos

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_
Lunarbunny said:
"About the Bethesda thing, I haven't taken a look at the articles but if I remember correctly, officially there are two parts of Bethesda, one that deals with the publishing side and one that deals with the development."
Other companies that develop and publish have sections for developed games, and published games under their listings.
gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gman

Compilations/re-releases aren't needed unless they contain new/exclusive content.  I spoke with Ryan and he said it's barely worth a blurb on the individual game pages.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo

Post rating system fails again, why are all of Jayge's posts negative? Someone must be butt-hurt.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By PureRok
Vinchenzo said:
"Post rating system fails again, why are all of Jayge's posts negative? Someone must be butt-hurt."
Yea, I was wondering that as well. There's nothing there that warrants a negative rating on any of them... at least, not to any sane person.