Merge: Two pages for Splinter Cell: Double Agent

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Garden_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Garden_Ninja

There are currently two pages for Splinter Cell: Double Agent: a 7th Gen version and a 6th Gen version.  

I think the 6th gen page should be merged into the 7th gen page. 

The 6th gen page has almost no information; just the General Information section on the right, some images, and a blurb at the top of the page.  With so little information, I don't think it warrants it's own page.

The release information is also wrong/incomplete on both pages.  For example, the 6th gen page has XBOX 360 and PS3, and the 7th gen page is missing XBOX 360.  This is clearly confusing to some people.

Also (and maybe this part needs to be posts elsewhere), there is a factual error on the 7th gen page.  It says at the top of the page "The game also features a new multiplayer mode called Spies vs. Mercenaries. ", but Spies vs. Mercs first appears in Pandora Tomorrow.  If this version is different from previous incarnations of Spies vs. Mercs, it should be mentioned, but calling the mode "new" is either wrong, or at least confusing.  I haven't played that mode, so I'd rather not make that edit myself.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By rallier

It are two different games by different developers actually.

Garden_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Garden_Ninja
@Rallier: 
Not really different developers; just different teams/studios within the one developer (Ubisoft Shanghai and Ubisoft Montreal).  The stories are mostly the same, as is the gameplay.  I don't think they are different enough to warrant individual pages, especially since people have clearly confused them already.  I think it would be better to merge the two pages, and provide an explanation of the differences between the two versions.

Also, there is only one Pandora Tomorrow page, and it has a screenshot from what I assume is the GBA version of the game.  I imagine the gameplay in that would be pretty different from the Xbox version.  If that doesn't warrant two separate pages (and I don't believe it does), then neither does Double Agent.  I haven't been here long enough to know which is more common (single page with explanation of differences, or multiple pages for multiple versions), but for consistencies sake, I think we should choose one and stick to it.  If we keep the two pages, then the 6ths gen page needs fleshing out, and both need to have their release info cleaned up.
Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Not_Rage

I'm pretty sure this was discussed over a year ago, and the conclusion was that theses pages should remain separate.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By iamjohn
@Not_Rage said:
" I'm pretty sure this was discussed over a year ago, and the conclusion was that theses pages should remain separate. "
Yeah.  It's been brought up numerous times and we always decide that they should be kept separate.
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By lordofultima

Yeah I agree, this is a very specific case in that these games are COMPLETELY different, the Montreal version being much better. Delete/combine denied.