Day Zero Live

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

When I lived in Downtown LA, my car was broken into for a computer monitor that was worth less than replacing the broken window. Generally, LA is a shitty place to live and it's filled with shitty people. Of course, there are always exceptions but it's by far the worst place I've lived -_-;;

You know, that is exactly what everyone I know who has ever lived in L.A has told me. That it is a terrible, awful place to live. I know 7 Americans in my Medical Class who have been to L.A, and they've never had anything good to say about it.

Hudlommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#402  Edited By Hudlommen

This is just balls...

But then again, a little action now and then.. Btw who calls the boss and do the whoopsie-talk?

Liquidsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you reckon they'll go into detail about it tomorrow at all?

Deathdealer108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By Deathdealer108

So Jeff was up on the stream I heard. I missed that, what did he say? Just that the show was cancelled?

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

I hope they have insurance for this stuff.

I swear, sometimes it's like people forget they're owned by a $600 million dollar subsidiary of a $14.2 billion dollar corporation...

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407  Edited By Leptok
korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sarnecki said:

I'm sorry but it's downtown LA. I'm assuming they left the equipment alone? Not a ton of sympathy from me, it was SUPER irresponsible and lazy and they paid for it.

Go away.

Indeed, since when was leaving equipment locked in a building with a door man irresponsible? It's not like L.A. is warzone.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#409  Edited By Monkeyman04

I'm glad that no one on the Bomb crew (or something that they know) was hurt.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@msavo said:

Sucks because they were actually excited about this new place. Seems like this is E3, possibly the most important in years, will be Giant Bomb's worst.

Yeah, isn't it supposed to be an actual studio or something? I remember them talking about the security being shit in another spot they passed on too. damn

I'm sure they are insured at least, and might actually get their stuff back hopefully. Was wondering why nothing happened today.

skelington_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By skelington_

Everyone in L.A. and around the convention center keep your eyes open for suspicious offloading of recording gear, I guess.

anamanaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So bummed not to be hearing Giant Bomb tonight. The city of LA is now on my shit list.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By development

I know how it feels to have thousands of dollars of stuff ($11,000 in my case) stolen in one fell swoop, so don't consider me heartless when I ask this:

Am I the only one wondering how this happened? Like, were windows left unchecked? Were corners cut when it came to making sure their stuff was secured? What's their relationship with the owners/tenants of the space? Who did they tell about their arrangement/did they broadcast the exact location to the internet (that would be a foolish, foolish mistake on their part, but I don't think they did/would)?

In my experience, terrible stuff like this happens because you tell an honest individual about your setup, but that honest individual happens to have some very dishonest acquaintances, and from there plans start hatching.

I also used to live in L.A., coincidentally.

edit: I should make it super clear that I'm not blaming them. Obviously the people to blame are the thieves. I'm just wondering if less was done to prevent this than should have been. A lapse in judgment, perhaps. Like I said, this has happened to me, and I remember every moment of the morning I woke up to find my stuff missing; it's not something you can forget. So I do really feel bad for them.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

What a massive bummer :(

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415  Edited By Niceanims

@deathdealer108: Show is cancelled, and they're working with police. He played some Lococycle at the show, and there will be a stream tomorrow. That's the gist of it.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#416  Edited By redcream

Oh God, Jeff is mightily pissed.

Avatar image for fightsgiantrobots
FightsGiantRobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woodstien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are they going to stream in the morning? I need to know if I have to get up before noon.

Deathdealer108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liquidsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I must say though, mad respect to them for even considering still doing a stream after all that, I'd probably be in tears XD

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Are they going to stream in the morning? I need to know if I have to get up before noon.

I'm going to take a 99% guess here and say no.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

well e3 is over, this is why we cant have nice things...cause people steal them

customotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

@kishinfoulux said:

If Gamespot saves the day, you all owe them a big apology for constantly shitting on them and their staff. Seriously.

explain locking of topics about this without any explanation, chat going up & down (it's been more than 5 months since the move to cbs) and people waiting to find out almost half an hour later of no show.

Getting shit stolen is pretty shity and I understand they were busy but thing could have been communicated better.

they can't exactly be super clear when they have LAPD in the place, busy listening all the stuff stolen.

and you know what? it was super stressful, so maybe whining about how they weren't the most communicative they could be is a little assholish.

enough about them! what about ME

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New theory, It's Harmonix upping their game.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By villainy

@redcream said:

He fucking should be. If he's not breaking every fucking thing in his sight right now I will be disappointed. Being robbed is a terrible, terrible feeling.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426  Edited By Niceanims

@liquidsolidus: It kinda looked like Jeff was about to be. That wasn't just me, was it?

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@villainy said:

@redcream said:

He fucking should be. If he's not breaking every fucking thing in his sight right now I will be disappointed. Being robbed is a terrible, terrible feeling.

I would guess Ryan is handling that.

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My passion is photography. My equipment, as cliche as it sounds, over time became an extension of me.

All my equipment was stolen recently when I was in Switzerland. Body, lenses, flashes, filters, memory cards - stuff that I had carried around the world with me - gone in an instant.

I cannot even begin to describe the kick in the stomach that I felt when I reached for a bag that was no longer there. It's a few months later and I'm still raw about it. So believe me when I say I have every sympathy in the world for the guys and sincerely hope that they are able to recover their gear.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itwongo said:

@liquidsolidus: It kinda looked like Jeff was about to be. That wasn't just me, was it?

Nope, he looked blood shot. That's probably just from all the caffeine and exhaustion though.

BoricuainExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: Also someone in the neighborhood may have seen the equipment transferred into the home or they put some of the equipment boxes at plain sight that's all it takes. It seems it was a neighborhood inside job, had happened to me too!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431  Edited By TruthTellah

@jeffgerstmann

"E3, if you want to stop me, you're just going to have to kill me."

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: The door was locked and there was a doorman. I think that's the extent of what we know.

ElectricViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#433  Edited By ElectricViking

@jeffgerstmann

True GB community members will get this tattooed on their foreheads.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

Almost. Morbidly. I chose my wording carefully, sir. I'm obviously kidding around. Of course that would be/this is terrible.

Fair enough, but hopefully you recall that 2 years ago in the "good" E3 house, the audience did indeed figure out the location and deliver pizza and liquor and such. If good people can do it, so can bad.

sunsetstreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just fucking glad everyone is okay. Was hearing some bad rumors on that end...seriously though, what a way to put a damper on their spirits...hope those thieves get what's coming to them.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

All the creepy ass places they filmed before, nothing happens. The first time the get a professional space, shits taken. Ironic?

arghron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet the guy who was supposed to be there to "keep watch" was in on this whole fiasco. Either that or he was sleeping. Interrogate the crap out of him!

skelington_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development said:

I know how it feels to have thousands of dollars of stuff ($11,000 in my case) stolen in one fell swoop, so don't consider me heartless when I ask this:

Am I the only one wondering how this happened? Like, were windows left unchecked? Were corners cut when it came to making sure their stuff was secured? What's their relationship with the owners/tenants of the space? Who did they tell about their arrangement/did they broadcast the exact location to the internet (that would be a foolish, foolish mistake on their part, but I don't think they did/would)?

In my experience, terrible stuff like this happens because you tell an honest individual about your setup, but that honest individual happens to have some very dishonest acquaintances, and from there plans start hatching.

I also used to live in L.A., coincidentally.

I have to wonder if something like Patrick's tweet (https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/343978041183186944/photo/1) revealed the location of their gear or something. Seems really strange for it to just disappear.

Liquidsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440  Edited By Liquidsolidus

Whoever was behind it, I hope they had no relation with the GB fellas in any way, if that was ever found out it would actually be pretty sick.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeffgerstmann

Word.

lund218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442  Edited By lund218

Well holy shit, this fucking sucks. Been following this since it started and I am glad that my initial thought that someone may be hurt was wrong. Mad respect to Jeff for coming on camera and letting us know whats up. It sounds like things will go back into motion tomorrow. Best wishes to them while they get all this shit sorted out.

Also I feel for Ryan who seemed so stoked for the new location. I would not want to be around a pissed off Ryan Davis.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

NO PETITE THIEF CAN STOP GIANT BOMB!

SuperTess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sometimes people just freakin suck. I feel so bad for the guys.

indignate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445  Edited By indignate

Don't worry guys, it's a great big prank by the Harmonix guys right? Or the CAH guys, right?

Right?

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sucks. But if you got to find a positive this just means that they get to go out and let loose or get some sleep!
Being selfish and kind of nice at the same time I hope they get in some of the latter and the rest of E3 rules for them due to being so much more rested.
Chin up bombsquad!

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

:(

Avatar image for legendarychopchop
LegendaryChopChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently their equipment got stolen or something?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ahh, LA. Will you never be such a shithole? I swear, the poor will steal your shit while the rich make sure they don't pay a fucking dime for anything.

Liquidsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450  Edited By Liquidsolidus

Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys. We'll regroup, we'll find placeholder gear for the show, it just sucks the wind out of the sails

-Ryan on Twitter