Have camera, trade pass, hotel room; looking for group.

MarkJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MarkJW

Hey duders, starting off this year's E3 forum with a thread that's got nothing to do with the Doritos Wars. Here's the deal:

I have camera equipment (spoilers below), a pass to get into the show (trade, not media, I'm a CM at a smallish company) and no one to go with. Normally I'd spend E3 wandering around chatting up fellow PR guys and girls, walking into press demos without an appointment and trying new games. This year I'd like to do something different. I'd like to be someone's camera and audio guy, pro bono.

Who here is already attending E3 and wants to generate some content? I'm serious about this, serious about going, serious about not charging a dime for my time and serious about making some good stuff. I need the experience and I want to make some good stuff for my demo reel.

I live in Sacramento and will probably drive down to LA for the convention. General offer to anyone reading this: I will likely have room to spare in my hotel. If you need a place to sleep and want to split the cost, send a message. I'm also open to carpooling offers.

Camera equipment: Canon DSLR with Magic Lantern, Sennheiser G2 wireless kit including bodypack and mic attachment transmitters, Sennheiser G2 kit lav, Shure broadcast stick mic, Sony wired lav, Rode G1 Videomic shotgun, shoulder rig, tripod legs, fluid head and a couple other odds and ends including various EF lenses.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I cant help, but I really wish you good luck dude.

Cloudunderfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn I wish I could help. How did you get a pass? I've always wanted to go to E3, but sadly I picked the wrong job to get in (film editor/colorist) unless someone out there needs an editor and will trade work for a pass =P

MarkJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudunderfire: I worked at a studio late last year/earlier this year and now I'm a contractor working on social media and community management for something you've probably heard of, if not played.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Dudeeeerr..... Mark... lets do this :3

MarkJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Is it Smite? Because that would be perfect. (insert smite.gif)

MarkJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Lol, naw, not SMITE, but I know three or so guys at HiRez (APC, Bart, Nab) and wish I could be working there sometimes. :)

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

This is great. Don't forget to let us know where to see the stuff you guys make.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Oh, you're the community manager for Starhawk aren't you?

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Dang, I'm not going to E3 this year (my outlet doesn't cover my travel or hotel, which makes E3 a pretty expensive trip for me), but if I was I would totally take you up on this. I'm a one-man game industry team for a newspaper, so getting any sort of photos or video is usually a challenge. This would be a perfect deal.

I'm legitimately bummed. Good luck finding someone else, though! This seems cool.

MarkJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: Nope, but good guess. Don't keep guessing though, I legally can't say what I work on anyhow. :(

@sargus said:

Dang, I'm not going to E3 this year (my outlet doesn't cover my travel or hotel, which makes E3 a pretty expensive trip for me), but if I was I would totally take you up on this. I'm a one-man game industry team for a newspaper, so getting any sort of photos or video is usually a challenge. This would be a perfect deal.

I'm legitimately bummed. Good luck finding someone else, though! This seems cool.

I'll split the hotel costs if you can afford to fly out. :)