Deleting trivia questions?

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#1  Edited By vigorousjammer

I know that you guys can't let us edit trivia questions due to how it would effect cheating.
But could you guys let us delete trivia questions?
I have a few questions up right now that are unanswerable (The audio file won't play unless you're logged in to my account on the upload site) and I'd like to be able to delete them before anybody else tries to answer them.

I'm sure I'm not the only one... would anybody else like to see this feature implemented?

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Chummy8

Yeah, I'd like to see this possible as well.  I've made a few mistakes on some questions that I wasn't able to change without editing or a deletion.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

I wouldn't mind the option to delete questions as well...I don't personally have the use for it (so far), but I can see it being pretty useful.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

You should not be using audio files in your trivia questions.

And yes, I would like the feature.

AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By AvD

I don't know about just being able to delete any question at any time, it woulds cause all sorts of fluctuation in peoples answers and scoring and whatnot... but there should be an easier way to request a delete than having to post on the forums.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Hamz

If the OP would send me a PM listing all the questions he has submitted and wants removed and what game they are related/linked too then i'll try and get them deleted or removed ASAP. Also on a side note while adding audio files to questions may seem unique, it can cause issues and i believe for the moment Trivia is mean't to be written, not audio.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Hamz said:
"If the OP would send me a PM listing all the questions he has submitted and wants removed and what game they are related/linked too then i'll try and get them deleted or removed ASAP. Also on a side note while adding audio files to questions may seem unique, it can cause issues and i believe for the moment Trivia is mean't to be written, not audio."
When the trivia launched coonce said "The questions can be anything from multiple choice, to true/false, and you can embed images or even youtube clips in them. Get as creative and as challenging as you want." I'd guess that means audio is OK since youtube is OK, and it is creative.
vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#8  Edited By vigorousjammer

I was actually going to use Youtube for my audio files... but I was afraid of two things:

1) the image on the video would give away the answer

and

2) they might get removed due to copyright violation.

I was also thinking of using putfile.com but that second thing was still prevalent...
I wanted to use a lesser-known site, but apparently that didn't work out so well either.
I may try it again in the future, but I think I'll test it out more on my own before I go ahead and start posting wildly.

Edit: actually does anybody have any suggestions for a good upload site to use, one that is not too big to the point of removing files, but still lets you share the files with other people.

DXSSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By DXSSI

I had thought about doing audio questions, but decided that without easy access to my own questions and a delete function, I don't trust any other sites to host the audio files reliably.  So if I can't upload it to GB, I don't use it in trivia—but that's just my own way of doing things.

BAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By BAM

I agree that this should be allowed. Right now, I don't have any questions that I would like deleted, but it would be nice to have the option in case I make a mistake.