Games/Collections with more than one game page

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By HHAP

I hope the title isn't confusing. I wanted to know there are any rules in place for certain games where they are re-released in a collection where that collection has it's own game page.

For example, Mega Man 4. Under MM4, it lists Gamecube under the the Platforms, and when you click the Releases tab, it shows that it was part of the Megaman Anniversary Collection (which has its own game page). Another example is Metroid Prime. It lists Wii under Platforms, and shows up as Metroid Prime Trilogy in the releases tab.

The opposite of this, for example, is the Ratchet and Clank collection. It doesn't list PS3 for any of the original titles. Also, there are some collections that exist that don't have a game page, and their platforms are directly just listed to the original game pages.

I'm just looking to help with the consistency. Is there a way to specifically do it or should I not bother with it? Thanks.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I think Jeff said you're not supposed to do that anymore. Mega Man 4 is on the PS1 because it was released as an individual game on the platform (I think), but not on the PS2, since it was part of the compilation.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

I urge you not to follow Mega Man's example. It was invalidated when Jeff vetoed the Misguided Compilation Purge.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By StarFoxA

@LordAndrew said:

I urge you not to follow Mega Man's example. It was invalidated when Jeff vetoed the Misguided Compilation Purge.

I love that we have a name for it now.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DeF

problem is that people keep re-adding the platforms even after you delete them.@HHAP: as for Metroid Prime 1 and 2 specifically, they were released separately on the Wii in Japan. The Trilogy only came out in western territories, thus the Wii tag is correct. If you look at their respective releases page, you would see that the US&UK Wii-releases have been marked for deletion.