Image Tools

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek

What's the cheapest thing I can buy to take in-game screenshots of console games, I don't have to be able to record gameplay, I just want to be able to take screenshots of my console games.

Sniffulls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Sniffulls

I'd like to know this too.  I've always been interesting in doing this, but have never done the reserve for some odd reason.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGamerGeek

C'mon does anybody got any ideas?

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Psynapse

Ahm, you can get a TV out card and plug your console into your computer, then still play on the TV, a program on the computer can take the screen shots. Im pretty sure you can do it that way, but there is definitely hardware out there that allows you to do this.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGamerGeek
Psynapse said:
"Ahm, you can get a TV out card and plug your console into your computer, then still play on the TV, a program on the computer can take the screen shots. Im pretty sure you can do it that way, but there is definitely hardware out there that allows you to do this."
And nobody has any idea what that hardware is?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

An Adaptec GameBridge should do the trick. I think the 1400 is the latest model. They can be quite pricey though.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGamerGeek
MattyFTM said:
"An Adaptec GameBridge should do the trick. I think the 1400 is the latest model. They can be quite pricey though."
How pricey is pricey?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
TheGamerGeek said:
"MattyFTM said:
"An Adaptec GameBridge should do the trick. I think the 1400 is the latest model. They can be quite pricey though."
How pricey is pricey?"
Well amazon.com is selling one for $190 (link)
roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By roushimsx

Dig around for a Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP. I use the old Deluxe model but NewEgg has the Expert model in stock. ($44 and then a $10mail in rebate).

Take a little bit of work to set up for the first time. You have to physically install the card into an open PCI slot, run the audio line out from the card into the audio line in on your sound card, install DScaler, and then configure DScaler for the best gaming settings.

Well worth the initial time investment (about a half hour?).

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mike

There is a discontinued model of the Gamebridge I picked up on Amazon last year for $20.  I think it's model 1410 or something like that...it'll only take screenshots in 480i, though.  It's USB and comes with software.