Objects and Accessories confusion

Miniman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Miniman

Why is the Xbox Live Vision camera an object and accessory. Same goes for the Playstation Eye camera (object + accessory). I don't get how they are objects, aren't objects meant to be things that actually appear in the game?

Oh and whilst we are on the subject of accessories, when are we, if ever, going to be able to create new accessory pages?

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine

I would say they are accessories. I agree with you, I thought objects were things that appeared in games.

Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Not_Rage

You can't add games to accesories. Thats might be why people made object pages for them.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Endogene

Object pages are indeed only for items that appeared in game however it might very well be that those two things appeared in game, for example there is a Super Nintendo page object page since it appeared in the pokemon games.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

If it appears as an in game object, then it qualifies for an object page. If not, it doesn't. But only games that contain one of them in-game should be added to the page. The Xbox 360 object page is a perfect example of this (although it's a platform, not an accessory). Ever since discovering the out of control adding of pages to that, I've been keeping an eye on it, checking people only add games that contain one in-game, and not just games on the platform.

Unfortunately, all of these object pages that are also platform/accessory pages are going to need constant attention like this, because the very nature of the wiki means that people will do the wrong thing, and add games that use that accessory, or are on that platform, when the page is only supposed to be for in-game appearances of the object but this doesn't mean they don't deserve object pages.

These specific cases you point out, the Xbox live vision, and the Playstation Eye, I'm not 100% sure if they do appear as an in-game object in any games, so a bit more research will need to be done first, but if they do exist in-game, we'll just have to keep an eye on the page to make sure wrong pages don't get added.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew
Endogene said:
"Object pages are indeed only for items that appeared in game however it might very well be that those two things appeared in game, for example there is a Super Nintendo page object page since it appeared in the pokemon games."
There's no SNES object page that I can see. Are you thinking of the Wii object?
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Endogene

There isnt? ha that is odd could have sworn there was one. There is a Snes in the first pokemon games though.