• 106 results
Agent_Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Agent_Eli

In hopes of Fez coming to the PC, I totally avoided everything related to spoiling that game in hopes that A PC version would arrive. Hopefully, there are others in the GB forums that did the same. If you are one of those choosen few, let us try to recreate the magic here and try to figure out Fez without the outside world sullying the experience with spoilers. Post questions, answers, overall takes on the game here. And try to avoid wikis or threads with "solutions" already posted.

Don't let me go it alone. We can do this!

bogusdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I luckily managed to avoid all the talk about Fez but I feel that just knowing that there is all this secret "stuff" makes me play differently. Anyway I love just wondering around and seeing the world and the way it reacts.

Also anticube

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I missed the train myself when I beat Fez a few months ago so I mostly did it outside the fervor. What I can tell you is that EVERYTHING MATTERS. You wont know the significance of that until you get deeper into the game.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

Aw man. I too have blocked everything out (besides the fact that there's a lot more to it than there initially seems to be), but I just can't buy it right now. I'm too busy and have spent too much money lately. I'm going to wait it out a bit longer, but good luck to all of the PC Duders finally getting to play this.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By rentfn

I waited to play it too. Don't really know anything about it. First thoughts, Do you fill up the cube on every level before moving on to the next. I've been doing that. A couple of times I've found the way to the next section without finishing the cube I was working on, so I go back.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By FengShuiGod

I don't know anything about Fez either, except little details - I'm assuming the stars,pics on the wall, ect, become important, and there is some kind of major secret that changes how you look at the game. Right now I'm a few levels in and it just feels like a basic platformer. Figuring this out with the GiantBomb community should be fun!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TruthTellah

I played it back then and have taken in almost everything that is known up to this point about Fez. I have seen its truth and it has in turn seen me.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/eee73cc01d62b3a86ea108d409789486/tumblr_mf35ebIoLo1rt6u7do1_500.gif

Though, I'd love to watch people figure stuff out(or even help in any ways I can)! People working together is practically a third of the game's fun! :D

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#8  Edited By wumbo3000

God, Fez is such a good game.

Agent_Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Agent_Eli

Going great so far. So I'm assuming most of the users here probably know some little details (I.E the symbols=something) but nothing too huge, I hope. I've been collecting a lot of the bits so far, but- i haven't gotten vinny-stlye OCD and collected each one before I beat an area. So far the puzzle platforming is standing on its own two feet really well, in my opinion.

other things:

• Holy shit, that big cube thing in the begining.
  • Found a bell that can be rung on four different sides. Each one with a different symbol. Gonna have to come back to that.
  • Found a room that had 4 movable cubes in it. on each of the four walls was tetris-like symbols; an "L" and a backwards "L" opposite of each other and two upside "T" shapes. Spent a good 15 minutes there before deciding I'll probably have to come back for that.
  • That sound that plays when the cube doors open is the FUCKING BEST. I think i found my new text tone.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Sweet, we can share notes on FEZ here. I'm looking forward to see all the stuff we find.

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will answer your call.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By geirr

Game is hurting my brain a little so far but it's really pretty and I love the soundtrack.

I've had no spoilers so far beyond how everything means something, which isn't much of a spoiler, so it's really cool to experience this deceptively carefree-looking game.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I skipped all the Fez spoilers myself in the hope of a PC version so i'm on board.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember Phil Fish saying there are still secrets not yet discovered so maybe you PC fellas can uncover it for us. I might load up FEZ on my xbox tonight just to enjoy the sweet tunes.

@truthtellah: That's a pretty sweet GIF of Phil Fish!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TruthTellah

@supamon said:

I remember Phil Fish saying there are still secrets not yet discovered so maybe you PC fellas can uncover it for us. I might load up FEZ on my xbox tonight just to enjoy the sweet tunes.

haha. Yeah, now that it's on PC, crazy people can rummage through the code and find the one or two things we still haven't solved. Though, I'm not sure how there could really be more. I don't remember anything appearing unsolved when I finished the game. Seems possible at least.

And yes, that gif is awesome. :)

VirgateSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By VirgateSpy

I have like 29 normal cubes and 6 anti-cubes right now, 2 artifacts and 7 treasure maps if I remember correctly, and I entered what it seems to be some kind of final area... so yeah, some of the puzzles start to get reeeeeally complicated, and I started to realize how much I just let things pass, like there's important information everywhere, it's really mind boggling. Btw, that puzzle in the room with the 4 cubes is pretty simple actually.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TruthTellah

@luigi8922: Aw yes, that sound is the best.

Loading Video...

(video is from demo, so no spoilers. At 2:53 you can hear the amazing door opening sound.)

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supamon said:

haha. Yeah, now that it's on PC, crazy people can rummage through the code and find the one or two things we still haven't solved. Though, I'm not sure how there could really be more. I don't remember anything appearing unsolved when I finished the game. Seems possible at least.

What about the pinkish room with the heart cubes? Or has that already been solved? I kinda checked out after the entire internet brute forced that puzzle so maybe I missed it.

Agent_Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@virgatespy: So I literally had an a-ha moment a couple minutes after I made that post. I feel dumb for not seeing it in the first place!

So I think i found the area for those treasure maps! The graveyard looking area has a place that I think is linked to them. Also, everything is important right? Cause there are some *characters* there that say some interesting things mainly the one ghost that says "Don't trust the hypercube".

Also that room I mentioned seems to have some pretty promenint placement of those symbols. Time to break out the graph paper.

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By TopCat88

I've got 6/7 cubes. 1 Anti-cube. Just opened the 4 cube door in the 'strawberry fanta waterfall hub world' but not finished exploring the first world yet. Been to a lighthouse, down a well, through a warp gate of some kind and I'm starting to understand the map. I solved the tetris piece/four block puzzle. (@luigi8922: Don't forget you can pick up the blocks/crates with X/action button. - EDIT: Seems you cracked it while I was typing my post)

VirgateSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By VirgateSpy

First time on the graveyard room, I had the maps and thought I could solve it, in a pretty straight forward way, didn't work. Thing is you actually have to decipher one of the game's codes, to do it, and now I kinda have it figured. So yeah, I've been to some places in the internet before coming across this forum, so I got a tip that my initial theory was right (I took care not to get any solutions or anything), so I'll probably go back to that room pretty soon.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supamon said:

@truthtellah said:

@supamon said:

What about the pinkish room with the heart cubes? Or has that already been solved? I kinda checked out after the entire internet brute forced that puzzle so maybe I missed it.

Yeah, that room was solved. It was about what wasn't there rather than what was. Though, one or two of those final puzzles are still a little hazy. I don't think those are the unsolved ones Phil Fish has hinted at. He might just be messing with us, as well. Yet, I do imagine he may have added in a puzzle or two to the PC version. That seems like something he'd do. Everyone from before thinks they know every puzzle, and then bam, more. We'll see.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love puzzles that just lead to more puzzles. :)

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By supamon

@supamon said:

@truthtellah said:

@supamon said:

Yeah, that room was solved. It was about what wasn't there rather than what was. Though, one or two of those final puzzles are still a little hazy. I don't think those are the unsolved ones Phil Fish has hinted at. He might just be messing with us, as well. Yet, I do imagine he may have added in a puzzle or two to the PC version. That seems like something he'd do. Everyone from before thinks they know every puzzle, and then bam, more. We'll see.

Hmmm I may have to go back and check again then. And yeah, adding a puzzle or two without telling anyone seems completely like something Fish would do. I'd just grin and shake my head at the raging comments he'd get for that. Indeed we'll see.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FengShuiGod

How do you enlarge the maps you have in your inventory?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really enjoying playing through this again on PC. Just enough time to not remember a whole lot about it from the release on Xbox. Super fun and now my friends are able to play too.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TruthTellah

You should just be able to move your cursor over the "map" and click it to make it a little bigger on the screen. They don't zoom in very much, as that's not the point of them. You can see enough just from clicking them and making them a little bigger.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Anybody have any idea how to solve the QR code puzzles without a scanner? When I try to take a screenshot to then convert all I get is a picture of my desktop.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zurv

hey.. pc version looks pretty much like the xbox.. but the xbox isn't ultraHD!

Loading Video...

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haltiamreptar: http://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx- I had to use this online scanner. I cropped the QR codes and it gave me the inputs.

Yeah, that's what I intended to do, but when I take a screenshot I literally just get a picture of my desktop. I'll probably have to use a third party program if there's no alternative solution.

novadth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to take a break from it as I was feeling a little lost. It's pretty fun so far though, glad I avoided all spoilers and stuff last year.

Found 2 artifacts so far, no idea what to do with 'em though.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would be all up on this, if I only I had the time to play the damn game. If y'all could wait for me to start playing on the weekend, that would be great.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FengShuiGod

@fengshuigod said:

You should just be able to move your cursor over the "map" and click it to make it a little bigger on the screen. They don't zoom in very much, as that's not the point of them. You can see enough just from clicking them and making them a little bigger.

Right, but how do I "click" it? All I can do is highlight an item with the arrow keys, but I don't know what to do from there. I've tried every button listed in the controls, but I can't bring up the map in greater detail. Glitch maybe?

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By I_smell

Just to let you guys know, I got about 95% of the cubes in this game without going crazy or writing anything down! and I'm not a smart guy!

If you ever feel like giving up and just googling the solutions to the rest of the puzzles: Don't!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

bogusdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bogusdd

So I found what I can only assume is a tuning fork in one room. It took me awhile to figure it out and when i did I couldn't believe I didn't think of the solution right away.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah said:

@fengshuigod said:

Right, but how do I "click" it? All I can do is highlight an item with the arrow keys, but I don't know what to do from there. I've tried every button listed in the controls, but I can't bring up the map in greater detail. Glitch maybe?

Are you using a controller or keyboard? On the controller, it should be the normal action button on it. Though, maybe you just needed to restart the game program and see if it was working. I don't remember the exact button of it, but it's just a click. I've not heard of this ever being a bug.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll join this club! I've played for around 3 hours so far and I feel like I have found a ton of stuff already. I've got 18 regular cubes, 4 anticubes, 4 maps, and 1 artifact.

I really love how you can just go wherever and keep exploring different areas randomly to still find all this stuff.

VirgateSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just deciphered the tetris code, now I'm going back to pratically every place I visited.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FengShuiGod

@fengshuigod said:

@truthtellah said:

@fengshuigod said:

Are you using a controller or keyboard? On the controller, it should be the normal action button on it. Though, maybe you just needed to restart the game program and see if it was working. I don't remember the exact button of it, but it's just a click. I've not heard of this ever being a bug.

Keyboard. I really need to pick up a controller one of these days. I guess the action button is left control, but it doesn't seem to work. Hmm...

Might have to look up a faq of all the maps so I can see them.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TruthTellah

@truthtellah said:

@fengshuigod said:

@truthtellah said:

@fengshuigod said:

Keyboard. I really need to pick up a controller one of these days. I guess the action button is left control, but it doesn't seem to work. Hmm...

I heard you can actually use the mouse in the menus even though its really slow. Maybe you can use that to select it and click? Seems odd.

Though, yes, all of the maps are online. It's best if you can analyze them yourself. Someone else here must be able to tell you what button they click to look at them on PC.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fengshuigod said:

@truthtellah said:

@fengshuigod said:

@truthtellah said:

@fengshuigod said:

I heard you can actually use the mouse in the menus even though its really slow. Maybe you can use that to select it and click? Seems odd.

Though, yes, all of the maps are online. It's best if you can analyze them yourself. Someone else here must be able to tell you what button they click to look at them on PC.

You can use the mouse in the menus, but not when you bring up the purple cube which houses your records on cubes, anti cubes, maps, and artifacts. I'm fairly certain Lcontrol should do it, but it doesn't do anything. Pretty sure I have a glitch. I've reinstalled, verified files, and so on. The action button does everything else it's supposed to, like picking up bombs, turning pivots, ect, but it seems busted w/r/t my inventory.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#46  Edited By Brackynews

I love this thread already! /warmfuzzy

@zurv: Dem resomolutions!!!!

@fengshuigod said:

The maps can be interesting. I wish I could tell you the thing I want to tell you. But I can't. So I'll say this: Don't worry about the maps. Just keep playing.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fengshuigod: Yeah, that stinks, but as Bracky said, don't worry about the maps for now.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By supamon

@fengshuigod: Don't worry about the map, look at the bigger picture ;)

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FengShuiGod

I figured I didn't have enough information at this point to worry about the maps anyways, as they seem almost totally meaningless to me. I still couldn't escape that feeling that I am missing something though, but now I can rest a little easier. Thanks for steering me away from this red herring I had created for myself!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't beat FeZ on the 360 because it was a mess most of the time.
And now, here you all are, teasing me again, my brain is already hurting just, trying to.. figure out.. what is going on!