Do I buy a broken game or wait another year?

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By super2j

I have waited a full year for final fantasy 6 on the android store to be on sale. I want this version because it does a bit to streamline the game and is portable. After waiting a year for this game to be discounted, today I find out that people with Lollipop cannot play the game. Now, Squareenix can fix this, but earlier this year this game experienced a different game breaking bug that took them far too long to correct. Will Smith(tested) taught me not buy things for what they might be. I cannot guarantee Squenix will fix this game anytime soon, but I can guarantee that it will be another year before square discounts this game again.

Right now, I am leaning on buying it. However, it seriously bothers me that I am rewarding crappy service, hell I am still paying them 8$! Squenix has been terrible on android but I hear FF6 is amazing and I just want experience it.

Here is an excerpt from Professional game makers Squareenix asking you to do things no other phone game ever has. Also ART is what Lollipop uses and there is no alternative.

No Caption Provided

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Snes9x is available for Android.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

You could also go for an emulator option and simply play the game that way. It'll be stable, and representative of what the game was like when it originally came out. It's worth mentioning that it's a fan-fucking-tastic game, probably the best Final Fantasy made. (After Tactics) I've also found that it holds up pretty good. The art style lends itself to a kind of longevity that you couldn't get from the 3D iterations. Basically a gorgeous pixel-art game at this point.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Emulate it. The game's original look is way better than the mobile remake, plus it works, plus it's free. I don't have any problems emulating a game when the modern releases are buggier and uglier than the originals.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@corevi said:

Snes9x is available for Android.

A million times this. Seriously, Squeenix is fucking nuts the amount they charge for mobile games. The fact that they're half broken makes it even more insane. They haven't made a single improvement to the game since the SNES version. Short of maybe correcting some spelling mistakes, they've only made it worse.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@do_the_manta_ray: Ya, I considered that option. Its just that I am not a fan of random encounters and the phone versions had that autobattle feature. I was able to let the computer take care of every unimportant random encounter and while fast forwarding. It is quite the time saver, especially since it seems like you get attacked every 5 steps. But... I just watched a review of it and the negatives are starting to outweigh the positives.