#251 Edited by Solh0und (1774 posts) -

I'll be playing today so send me a linkshell invite LVL 15 Pugulist "Calene Pono"

#252 Posted by Levianth (108 posts) -

I'd love to get in on this invite train, name's Dett Tindle, level 8 Arcanist

#253 Edited by Wraith1 (561 posts) -

Finally got in, made an Archer but thinking about trying out some other classses. Send an invite to Ciel Fluffytail

#254 Posted by Snarkasaur (27 posts) -

Finally got on to Ultros. Character's name is Ainsley Locke, and I'm an Arcanist (for now). Will try to find one of you officer types!

#255 Posted by polarbearadept (14 posts) -

I created a character on Ultros but haven't had a chance to play him. Hoping I'll be able to log in later tonight but who knows.

Character Name: Zettair Haffoak

#256 Edited by DarthDeath (1 posts) -

im confused about secondary class requirements for dragoon.thought it was lancer 30 pugilist 15, now im reading its lancer 30 maurader 15.can anyone confirm for sure what 2nd class I need to unlock dragoon later on please?

#257 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (274 posts) -
#258 Edited by Vermisean (154 posts) -

Hey duders! Finally got into Ultros! I am an arcanist (going for white Mage or summoner) named Ava Blackpine. Would be great if I could get an invite :)

I'll be on all day and most of tomorrow. I work shifts so my hours could be slightly irregular. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Got invited! :)

#259 Posted by nadesico33 (37 posts) -

Yarg. I've been locked out of my character on Ultros since I logged off Friday. >.<

#260 Edited by Wraith1 (561 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: I'm mostly on night time around 8 to 11 pm pst; now if only I can actually get back into the server

#261 Edited by Silver-Streak (1359 posts) -

Still trying to make it on the servers after they instituted the hard cap. Apparently Ultros is not only the official Giant Bomb, NeoGAF, and 4chan server, but the Allakhazam.com server as well.

No wonder it is packed.

(Edit: also playing a different character named "Loach Crebain" on JP region server Fenrir until Ultros settles down.)

#262 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (274 posts) -

@eujin: Didn't know Alla was here. 4chan from what I've seen is kind of spread all over the place. GAF is primarily focused on our server though. GAF was the only one I knew would be on the server before beginning to organize the Giant Company. Looking at their Official Thread though, I doubt that many will stick with it (which is why I wasn't and still am not too worried about being on the same server). The ones that stuck around for 1.0 will probably stick around long term and a large bulk will drop off once it's not the talk-of-the-week anymore.

Just in general though, things will settle down though once the subscription fee kicks in and people decide whether or not they're gonna stick with it for more than the first trial period. I seriously doubt the server congestion is going to last for an extensive period of time. I'm also patient (hence me not getting irritated by not being able to power my way through leveling to 50 ASAP). I can wait for things to settle down while I take my time bit by bit.

#263 Posted by Silver-Streak (1359 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: Agreed. Not terribly worried about it, slightly disappointed by it, though. It being the fact that I can't play with the rest of the FC or on my main character.

#264 Posted by nadesico33 (37 posts) -

Finally made it on. Character name Blackbird Shepard, could I get an invite please? :)

#265 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (274 posts) -

@nadesico33: If you can, shout for an invite to the company. Or you can look around for anyone with the <<GBomb>> tag by their name. Any of the members will be able to invite you. I just signed off. Kaegan Tarn was on when I logged off. If he is still there, /tell him for an invite.

#266 Edited by ESREVER (2691 posts) -

I'm trying to squeeze in there! I can send any needed invites I think... if I ever get in.

I got 1017'd while in queue. SO EVIL.

GOT IN!

#267 Posted by DeathTrap (249 posts) -

Lucky people able to actually create characters on Ultros...This kind of thing has happened with other MMOs too - why is Giantbomb always going to the same server as GAF et al?

#268 Edited by ESREVER (2691 posts) -

@deathtrap: I wondered the same thing. I wish we had chosen a better starting server, but eh. I guess we'll make it work.

#269 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (274 posts) -
#270 Edited by kishinfoulux (2307 posts) -

Yeah I've noticed a lot of GAF people and something with a "Z" I think? ZAM maybe?

#271 Edited by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

After many trials and tribulations, I have managed to both settle on a character and get into Ultros.

Rinh Fashonti, archer and future bard. Who do I whisper for an invite?

#272 Posted by Snarkasaur (27 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: I should be on tonight, probably randomly (or more likely consistently) from 7-midnight.

#273 Posted by SpudBug (633 posts) -

I'm interested in getting into this game and would like to join. My name is Spud Bug and I think i 'm on Ultros but i have no idea what i'm doing right now. I just completed about 10 quests in the opening area and have never played an MMO before.

#274 Posted by DallasTheGamer (154 posts) -

Currently I can't logg in with my character on Shiva. :( oh well, guess I'll try tomorrow. Then I will logg in and NEVER LOG OUT!

#275 Posted by Ashuramaru (41 posts) -

Dammit. I missed the world transfer so my 1.0 character is locked on a JP server (Masamune) until mid September when I get to pay for it, yay!

#276 Posted by Nonused (215 posts) -

Are people able to play? I consistently get 1017'd.

#277 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1455 posts) -

I was able to play a couple of days ago, though it was around 2 in the morning. I lost my chocobo's armor so when I find time to log back in to the game (Gungnir server) I have to find out what the hell happened.

#279 Posted by m1k3 (1330 posts) -

welp cant log in right now. might as well try back late night/early morning.

#280 Edited by agc8602 (36 posts) -

I am on right now and would like to join the company :) I'll post tomorrow when I can get on as well once I get my schedule of what's going on.

Forgot my name, durrr - Roli Poli

#281 Edited by Silver-Streak (1359 posts) -

@agc8602: Color me jealous of you being able to get in.

#283 Posted by agc8602 (36 posts) -

@eujin said:

@agc8602: Color me jealous of you being able to get in.

I hear ya, man. I hadn't been able to play the last few days. I just logged in when I got home from work earlier and got in after a few tries.

#284 Posted by DeathTrap (249 posts) -

I've been trying for the last day or so to create a character on Ultros - no luck. Anyone know if there's an unofficial RP server?

#285 Posted by Solh0und (1774 posts) -

Any word if we'll use a secondary server? I have a lancer class on Phoenix since I can't seem to use my main character on Ultros.

#286 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

I was looking on the site and saw that blacksmith and stuff was listed as a class. Is that an actual class or just a skill.

#287 Posted by Zeik (2434 posts) -

@jz said:

I was looking on the site and saw that blacksmith and stuff was listed as a class. Is that an actual class or just a skill.

It's a class. Crafting and gathering classes have levels and gear and skills just like any other class.

Keep in mind that you are not restricted to one class in this game, so it's not like you want to be a blacksmith that's all you do.

Online
#288 Posted by DeathTrap (249 posts) -

Looks like Balmung is the primary unofficial RP server with Gilgamesh as a secondary unofficial server. Both closed. Of course. I'm rapidly losing my patience with Square Enix - this is a badly handled launch.

#289 Posted by Xeirus (1305 posts) -

Looks like Balmung is the primary unofficial RP server with Gilgamesh as a secondary unofficial server. Both closed. Of course. I'm rapidly losing my patience with Square Enix - this is a badly handled launch.

I'm just glad I didn't pay very much for this, but man, not really digging paying money for this after wasting a week trying to play with people.

#290 Edited by Xeirus (1305 posts) -

Looks like Balmung is the primary unofficial RP server with Gilgamesh as a secondary unofficial server. Both closed. Of course. I'm rapidly losing my patience with Square Enix - this is a badly handled launch.

I'm just glad I didn't pay very much for this, but man, not really digging paying money for this after wasting a week trying to play with people.

#291 Posted by Zeik (2434 posts) -

@xeirus said:

@deathtrap said:

Looks like Balmung is the primary unofficial RP server with Gilgamesh as a secondary unofficial server. Both closed. Of course. I'm rapidly losing my patience with Square Enix - this is a badly handled launch.

I'm just glad I didn't pay very much for this, but man, not really digging paying money for this after wasting a week trying to play with people.

I'm pretty sure you're not technically paying any money yet, as "early access" is still going, through the 29th. And after that is a month free.

Online
#292 Posted by Xeirus (1305 posts) -

@zeik said:

@xeirus said:

@deathtrap said:

Looks like Balmung is the primary unofficial RP server with Gilgamesh as a secondary unofficial server. Both closed. Of course. I'm rapidly losing my patience with Square Enix - this is a badly handled launch.

I'm just glad I didn't pay very much for this, but man, not really digging paying money for this after wasting a week trying to play with people.

I'm pretty sure you're not technically paying any money yet, as "early access" is still going, through the 29th. And after that is a month free.

I mean as far as buying the box, I got a decent deal.

But I'm also saying it doesn't make me want to pay after my "early access", I haven't been able to access a damn thing which sort of defeats the purpose.

#293 Edited by Zeik (2434 posts) -

@xeirus said:

@zeik said:

@xeirus said:

@deathtrap said:

Looks like Balmung is the primary unofficial RP server with Gilgamesh as a secondary unofficial server. Both closed. Of course. I'm rapidly losing my patience with Square Enix - this is a badly handled launch.

I'm just glad I didn't pay very much for this, but man, not really digging paying money for this after wasting a week trying to play with people.

I'm pretty sure you're not technically paying any money yet, as "early access" is still going, through the 29th. And after that is a month free.

I mean as far as buying the box, I got a decent deal.

But I'm also saying it doesn't make me want to pay after my "early access", I haven't been able to access a damn thing which sort of defeats the purpose.

Like I said, you don't actually have to pay after that. It comes with a month free.

And yeah, it sucks not being able to play, I can't either, but it's hardly uncommon with MMO launches. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next day or two.

Online
#294 Posted by Xeirus (1305 posts) -

@zeik: I'm aware, I understand how MMOs work.... I'm saying this doesn't make me feel great about throwing more money at this.

#295 Posted by Zeik (2434 posts) -

@xeirus said:

@zeik: I'm aware, I understand how MMOs work.... I'm saying this doesn't make me feel great about throwing more money at this.

If these issues are still going on in a month when we have to actually start paying I'm totally with you.

Online
#296 Edited by DeathTrap (249 posts) -

To be clear, the first month isn't free. The first month's price is the cost of the game.

#297 Edited by Zeik (2434 posts) -

@deathtrap said:

To be clear, the first month isn't free. The first month's price is the cost of the game.

You could look at it that way, but I don't. The way I see it is you pay your $30-40 entry price to "own" the game, just like any other game, and the subscription fee is what you pay to keep playing. So if I don't have to put in my credit card info I'm playing "free". Same difference, I know.

Online
#298 Posted by Hector (3364 posts) -

@zeik said:

@deathtrap said:

To be clear, the first month isn't free. The first month's price is the cost of the game.

You could look at it that way, but I don't. The way I see it is you pay your $30-40 entry price to "own" the game, just like any other game, and the subscription fee is what you pay to keep playing. So if I don't have to put in my credit card info I'm playing "free". Same difference, I know.

This is how I look at it, and it seems like a deal. $25 for the game and $14.99 first month paid. hehe

#299 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

@zeik: ooh that's actually pretty cool.